• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

flowoftime feedback thread

Started by flowoftime, March 09, 2014, 08:52:40 am

Advent

Quote from: Choto on March 13, 2014, 03:57:53 pm
I used to enjoy hack and slashing of vanilla when I was a kid. When I experienced them for the first time, the mustadio and velius fights were actually an adequate difficulty. Of course now they can be made trivial... Everybody has their tastes though, I doubt there's a one-difficulty-fits-all with FFT mods.

I agree that the thresholds are different, but how anyone can -- now, when they're not sub-13 years old -- play Vanilla and say it is challenging enough to keep stuff interesting is beyond me.

Jumza

Quote from: flowoftime on March 13, 2014, 11:35:48 am
I thought Mod(s) = Moderator(s)?

It can be, but I guess it's normally used as: mod = modification.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Angel

Quote from: Advent on March 13, 2014, 10:11:51 am
I just don't see how anyone could find the difficulty (or lack thereof) of Vanilla to be enjoyable.

I do, because I value the story over its gameplay and prefer to spend more time storying than fighting with a computer. Anything that speeds up the chess game is A-OK with me, be it well-planned strategic manipulation or Orlandu. I have never played any sort of an RPG to feel challenged. Platformers I play for challenge. Fighting games I play for challenge (or for absurdity, or blowing off steam). RPGs I play because I'm feeling lazy and want a story, but still have enough energy to press a couple buttons now and then.

I suppose my opinion would be different if I approached them the same way I do puzzle games (where I -also- like to be challenged), but RPG battles to me are like commercials during a TV show; they can be entertaining once in a while, but I've been conditioned to see them as a nuisance. The shorter the better.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Advent

Quote from: Toshiko on March 13, 2014, 07:41:20 pm
I suppose my opinion would be different if I approached them the same way I do puzzle games (where I -also- like to be challenged), but RPG battles to me are like commercials during a TV show; they can be entertaining once in a while, but I've been conditioned to see them as a nuisance. The shorter the better.

I suppose I can see that. I enjoy my RPG battles most of the time, but to each his own.

FlyingPoodle

Wow I thought I was dumb when I had to save state cheat on some of the battles on this.  I had to stop playing in the fight vs Ganondorf's second form because I hard saved right before and save stated during battle.  It's a great hack overall, though.  I couldn't find out if the story battles, besides the ones with monsters, level up with you (Like FFT: 1.3).  I almost HAD to state hack Assassinate with Snake, otherwise I would get one shotted by dragons (Sweegy Woods)

So basically, to me, it seems the difficulty is great in the beginning but then vamps up to the point where state hacking is necessary.  Given, it was my first go through and I didn't know the jobs or how the characters grow in stats. Knowing what I know now it can be a *little* easier, maybe.

Timbo

Quote from: Advent on March 13, 2014, 04:31:29 pm
I agree that the thresholds are different, but how anyone can -- now, when they're not sub-13 years old -- play Vanilla and say it is challenging enough to keep stuff interesting is beyond me.

Dorter Trade City comes up on you pretty quick in your first Vanilla playthrough. How many people got through that battle on their first try without losing a unit?
  • Discord username: Timbo

Advent

Quote from: Jack of All Trades on March 14, 2014, 11:28:49 am
Dorter Trade City comes up on you pretty quick in your first Vanilla playthrough. How many people got through that battle on their first try without losing a unit?

First playthrough is understandable; I'm speaking in the context of someone who played this as a child, and is now replaying it.

formerdeathcorps

March 14, 2014, 06:24:46 pm #87 Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:19:19 am by formerdeathcorps
Quote from: Jack of All Trades on March 14, 2014, 11:28:49 am

I'm pretty sure I did, but then again, I didn't know how to change jobs or learn abilities during my first play-through until Chapter II.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Hyraldelita

I know this is a necro post, but i really wonder, i read the first page and the last of this post...

People really are never happy hu?

I mean...

You got a patch from a game you like.

You got it for free.

you got a completely new story, new sprites, new skills..

you basically got a new game to play and none of the people who are working of it get paid.

i think a normal person wouldn't even think about asking for a relase date, have you tried to mod something before even thinking to ask a thing like that?

how much time it takes to do things? even changing sprites create new sprites looks, colors that fit the game etc..

there is so much work done in this patch that only god knows.

Another thing is... you like the game?

Cool! but no one force you to stay in the forum be active everyday, create a huge comunity or things like that.

these guys asked NOTHING i never read a single post from them asking for something.

i am an artist, if i decide to do a paint or to draw something for you, and it's for free, i wuold even get pissed if you ask me to hurry up.

And since i think the people who are working on this patch are artist as well, i think you should just say THANKS and wait.

If there are any problem about balance or anithing else, after the relase and after you played it, there is plenty of post and people to talk with, and there are post on the forum with thousend of views as proof.

you are asking to the guys who are already doing somehting for YOU/US  for free, to give you even more, and always for free!

and as someone said, the guide spoil the game and the fun, since the gap between one relase and the other is so wyde, it just mean you have to play it more time, and find things yourself, which i find lot more interesting then just following up a guide.

About the fact that the difficulty is hard, YES IT IS and as far as i asked that is how is meant to be, you got a quick save option, and im 100% they knew people would use it, that is why is so hard.

And if you want to play it on your psp or playstation, then sorry for you , but it will be very hard and sometimes frustrating, but again, that's how is supposed to be... otherwise they would have put orlandu in the party..

And again.. Jp do suks i agree, but it does make 100% sense that they did it in the way you don't unlock all classes in the first chapter, i hated this at the start, but then i thought about it, and i got to agree with this line of thinking.

well that is what i wanted to say. Sorry for the long post XD

3lric

Also, JP formula has been changed, you'll gain more based on your level now.

Difficulty has been slightly adjusted in some of the randoms and a few other battles, but most of the difficulty decrease will be due to the newly added mechanics.
(which isnt really a decrease, but you do get more if you work for more. Plus more marks means more exp and monies)

Xif is going to work working on an EasyType sometimes after Ch2 (IIRC)

The re-release will work on modded consoles.

Hyraldelita

well my post was more like a "i hope spoiled child understand"  that a critic to the game.
And man, you can't understand how much get pissed off when i read those people writing.

I mean.. even just 10 minutes to read and answer, are 10 minutes that are given less to the work on the patch if they use their brain, they can understand that much.
I'm deadly curious about this re relase and chapter 2 , probably more then anyone else in this community, but i do know that nowhere in this planet any one has a single right to demand for something here.

""""I'm talking to you !!! whoever you are that like to complain.  If you want to disappear from the community cause too much time passed DO SO!! people are not gonna cry over you're departure, and there will be TONS of people who will download this re relase, and that are waiting probably from more time then you. So don't be a child, just sit patiently in your corner and WAIT , that's my best advice.""""

plus there are a lot of people who doesn't bother to write, so they just log check if the game came out, then leave. I don't see why you can't do the same.

And after my little outburst, i really do hope the re relase and chapter 2 aren't too far XD

Nyzer

I mean, I can understand the frustration, even at something that's being provided for free, but as far as I'm aware, no one has ever tried to give even a real guess at the release date here. It's always been "it'll be ready when it's ready".

I know this kind of perspective wasn't really available back in 2014, but here's what I'd say: what kind of sequel/successor do you want to play? Mighty No. 9, or AM2R?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

KingUrameshi

Quote from: nyzer on November 20, 2016, 10:50:59 pm
I mean, I can understand the frustration, even at something that's being provided for free, but as far as I'm aware, no one has ever tried to give even a real guess at the release date here. It's always been "it'll be ready when it's ready".

I know this kind of perspective wasn't really available back in 2014, but here's what I'd say: what kind of sequel/successor do you want to play? Mighty No. 9, or AM2R?

AM2R. I have and its awesome.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Nyzer

November 21, 2016, 09:24:05 am #93 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:17:06 am by nyzer
Same. I coulda used Other M as an example, too, but I wanted something a little more recent.

AM2R took ten years to make, still has bugs today (twice in a row when I was battling the Larval Metroids, they slid out of the screen while frozen, forcing a reset) and... is generally hailed as a better Metroid game than anything made in the last decade.

Other M and Mighty No. 9 were massive failures in comparison, despite being officially funded games made by professionals.

I'd rather play a game that took seven more years to make and isn't absolute ass, personally. 

3lric

Quote from: nyzer on November 21, 2016, 09:24:05 am
Same. I coulda used Other M as an example, too, but I wanted something a little more recent.

AM2R took ten years to make, still has bugs today (twice when I was battling the Larval Metroids, they slid out of the screen while frozen, forcing a reset) and is generally hailed as a better Metroid game than anything made in a decade.

Other M and Mighty No. 9 were massive failures in comparison, despite being officially funded games made by professionals.

I'd rather play a game that took seven more years to make and isn't absolute ass, personally.

All these things.

Hyraldelita

totally agree man.

Guru

Spoiled whiny children, I will miss you. You provide me with countless hours of entertainment with your nonsense and contradictions. Hopefully when the re-release comes out, there will be more of them around.

Man these guys were relentless too, even when you explain the logic behind the mechanics or tell them it's going to be changed.

Lol the best one was..
"I demand you guys make a guide!"
Everyone else: "Plenty of LPs out there and a wiki"
"I don't want that shit I like to do my own thing"