• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:57:42 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

CCP 2nd - Beta Version Available for download!

Started by Celdia, December 25, 2012, 07:08:20 am

Reks

Quote from: BobLocke on January 28, 2016, 12:54:10 pm
Looks like I picked a good time to look for a new FFT hack to try! Enjoying it so far.

Haven't run into any bugs other than graphical yet, only to Zaland Fort City so far though. My favorite graphical bug was using Dolphin Kick then not coming down afterward. :lol:

Question though: Does Blue Mage work like I think it's supposed to (invite monster, have monster use skills on Blue Mage)? Am I just not catching the right stuff, or is it not implemented yet? If it's the former, any hints on what I should be looking for? I'm really excited at the idea of a Blue Mage in FFT. (FFTA never happened la la la I can't hear you)

The first battle of chapter 2 was kinda rough, they all have high jump and bows and hide in the corners of the roofs, thus if you don't also have +jump you can't reach them, and there's no shop available to get boots or battles to grind out the skills if necessary. I had to keep reloading til Bane petrified enough of them and they all stopped getting Item secondary  :( I was also quite a bit underleveled which probably didn't help.

Thanks!

I tested that myself, and unfortunately, learning Blue Magics only works if an enemy uses it on you
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

BobLocke

Quote from: Reks on January 28, 2016, 01:52:02 pm
I tested that myself, and unfortunately, learning Blue Magics only works if an enemy uses it on you

Oh. Well that's a bit of a downer.

I like the concept of Blue Mage but not enough to spend ages trying to game the RNG into using a specific skill on one specific character, especially when I don't even know which skills are even learnable. I'm not up on FFT hacking so I don't know what all is possible, but if that's a intentional design decision then giving the Blue Mage invite is misleading. Every FF with !Blue has given you some way to make them easier to get than relying on luck, so I assumed that would be the case here.

On the plus side, I have an open spot in my party to try out other unique NPCs now! Mustadio, come on down!  :P

Celdia

Blue Mage won't learn from an ally unit. You have to be struck by an enemy to learn, but you will instantly learn the skill if its one of the learnables.

Let's see, you can learn from Elementals (I think he starts with that), Skeletons, Turtles, Lamias, Malboros, Ahrimans, Espers, Ghosts, Dragons, Zalera and Serpentarius. Only one skill learnable from each monster family there and several of them are a skill unique to a specific tier of monster in that family. If you want an exact list of what to look for from what, let me know.

As for making it easier to get...this is Tactics. There's no need to rely on luck. Just learn need to how the AI works.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

FlyingPoodle

Only went through the first few battles but man, I find myself stopping just to appreciate all the work put into this.  Much like your first one, I find myself really absorbed in this.  Does this beta go all the way through chapter 4 now?

Reks

Quote from: FlyingPoodle on February 07, 2016, 01:20:15 am
Only went through the first few battles but man, I find myself stopping just to appreciate all the work put into this.  Much like your first one, I find myself really absorbed in this.  Does this beta go all the way through chapter 4 now?

Up to Zalera, currently

Tezla Alchemia

March 03, 2016, 03:24:43 pm #65 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:41:53 pm by Tezla Alchemia
HELLO! i just want you to know, this version of the game is MY FAVORITE (even better than Rebirth).
but there are a couple nagging problems that i kinda wanted to mention.
the only reason why im mentioning it here is that i couldnt do so in the official discussion area (cant find any reply button there).

anyway, first i want to bring up the character sprites: your sprites for the classes are all awesome and personally i find them better looking that the original game BUT i would like to point out that you didnt do anything with the characters in my party. thats fine and all but cloud still looks goofy and Reis just shouldnt wear a dress in my opinion (she is too cool for that) and even though i like Ramza, i think his taste in armor is kinda silly and for an example of really cool looking Ramza armor, id point to Legend Of The 5 as his armor in that game is magnificent!

Second, a small glitch: those Cathulu looking things glitch out when they attack. the torso vanishes and is replaced by a flailing dagger.

Tezla Alchemia

i would very much like to know what monsters the blue mage can learn from, thank you o.o
(the exact list)

3lric

Changing the sprites of unique units in a vanilla mod is not an easy task, many of their animations in events (that aren't animations used in battle) are known as EVTCHR. These will all have to be drawn custom, about 50 or so pages of them for the characters you mentioned. That's a very difficult task, hence why most vanilla mods that care about quality like Celdia does, do not generally change the sprites for unique characters.

Also, my mod is called Journey of the Five, not Legend of the 5 :P

Celdia

Thank you, Elric.

Also, @Tezla, this version of my patch is still incomplete. Reis hasn't been finalized and when I'm done with it Cloud won't even be IN the patch, among other changes ye to come. I'm aware that there are incomplete attack animations for several of the monsters. Getting those in order has been spectacularly low on my priorities list since it doesn't affect gameplay very much. If you notice any other bugs that aren't listed in the Known Bugs notation in the first post here though, please, feel free to leave me a note about them.

I'll drop you a PM about the Blue Mage specific skills to look for.

alkarl

https://youtu.be/KxGRhd_iWuE

That's how I felt when I saw you had another version up! Celdia you rockstar, your patch is what got me lurking here. You bet your bones I'll be playing this as far as it goes and letting you know all about it. Here is to a new run in about 5 minutes!

Celdia

Hahaha! I know that video. Thank you for the support, alkarl. Looking forward to your thoughts on the project thus far.

Celdia

Uploaded a new version of the patch in the first post here. Just a few little fixes of things I noticed from Reks' videos as well as some long-overdue balancing and changing of things he mentioned (looking at you 3 pieces of Immune: Blind equipment on Miluda at one time.)  So if you're early game and you're using Polished Corselet and/or Goblin Cowl items you might want to give them another quick look before your next fight. Fleetfoot should be operating properly now as well. Some other things got shuffled around like text and a late-game skill here and there. Happy hunting :P

Davzz

Does ALMA4 still not play nice on real consoles?

Keep up the good work.

Angel

ALMA doesn't even play nice with all emulators, much less actual console. It will never be fixed for console.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

abaddabaon

Will poaching be added to this patch or was that disabled for a good raisin?

Reks

Quote from: abaddabaon on May 09, 2016, 04:30:13 am
Will poaching be added to this patch or was that disabled for a good raisin?

I asked Celdie about it once, and I can't recall her precise reasoning for removing it

But I think most of the stuff you could even get out of it was made purchasable at the shop regardless, so

3lric

Celdia

I really need to figure out what the hell poaching can be used for in my patch. When I had the Chef class in there I had this whole thing where monsters dropped poachables of their respective Chef-skill items but since pulling that out I haven't had anything worth replacing it with. I still don't know if I'm going to put it back in at all. I'd try putting in the synth shop hack but I have a feeling something that complex trying to work with CCP would make the whole damned project implode.

Celdia

Small update. Some animation and skillset bugs attended to. Updated the battles in Igros vs Dycedarg/Adramelk. Fixed a few other nagging bits. Hopefully nothing else broke in the process.

DanteS

Hi, really good patch so far and, because it's BETA, I think it's normal to have some bugs and here are some bugs that I  found so far:
-the first one is attached;
-the second is that the grape goblin when he uses his dolphin kick sometimes stay at the air (but he stills ocuppy the square where he was originally, and take damage and all the things just don't appear )
I think that's all for the moment.
pleasse keep the work. <3