• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:29:10 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Can't wait :_:

Started by Hyraldelita, December 04, 2015, 05:33:45 pm

DeJ

Wow, what a great event! It's looks amazing, dialogue between Dante and Snake is an instant classic. Very much looking forward to finding out how this snippet fits into the overall story - and also seeing more character interaction. You guys are doing amazing work, I love the tournament idea. 5 battles, with environmental conditions and different types of victory conditions. My take:

My guess is this is an event that occurs later in the game. All of the 5 (sans Ramza, and maybe Snake) have a pre-determined 'ultimate weapon' in their respective games - with Link's obviously being the Master Sword. Maybe your team has considered adding popular ultimate weapons for each character, like in any good Final Fantasy, and this is the 'side-quest' for Link's? Although the Master Sword cannot be wielded by just anyone, it can by say... Shadow Link? Gannondorf? Saw other comments suggesting Frog/Glenn or Crono? Gilgamesh? Either way, in battle 5 of 5 in this tournament, you have a showdown with the wielder of this sword. The battle is hard. The foe is formidable. Victory is dubious at best. Winning grants you the Master Sword. I could see this playing out as a sidequest, and perhaps you have a new map location that is reminiscent of the FF6 coliseum? Maybe this coliseum offers a different challenge each time you visit and of course can be re-visited? Not sure if this is even possible

Right or wrong, this looks sweet! Keep up the great work Elric and co. You guys freakin' rock!!!! Feel free to post anything else, we eat this stuff up.
  • Modding version: PSX

KingUrameshi

I'm calling it now...

It's Gilgamesh
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

3lric

You are all just the best kind of people. I love reading these XD

Thank you for all the kind words. And no, no one has been quite right, even if some tiny bits and pieces are somewhat correct but in other ways not related to that scene, or, am I only saying that to mess with you? Who knows?

DeJ

To keep it spoiler free:

Could my prediction on the Coliseum idea be accurate? A location on the map, re-visitable, new battles, new tournaments, prizes after each round etc.?

I understand if you cannot share this, but I was just inquring. And I think Urameshi may be correct on the wielder of Link's Sword

Nyzer

Could my prediction on the Coliseum idea be accurate?

It could.

Maybe.

And I think Urameshi may be correct on the wielder of Link's Sword

Maybe.

KingUrameshi

Gilgamesh would make a lot of sense since he can wield the 12 Holy weapons. If I had to pick between Chrono and Glenn I would go with Glenn as the character is already established as someone who could be worthy of the Master Sword. There is also one other person that comes to mind for me and that is the Lord Odin, who would be worthy I think and is a considerable prick...

And I would like to buy weed off any of them. :)

DeJ

Agreed, Gilgamesh is a strong candidate. I would also lean Glenn over Crono. Crono is a lightning element and uses Katanas, Glenn in CT uses swords (albeit Water element) and in Crono Cross the Double Swords (Mastermune, which seems 'Holy' in nature.) Given the attention to detail paid by the development team, it seems they would make things consistent. Or... maybe we've got it all wrong here and it isn't even the Master Sword, even though it seems most likely. Here's one we haven't thought of... Bartz from FF5 in his Traveler job. It fits the FFT mold (job changing) and he can equip any weapon! Yeah... probably not, he's kind of bland and not a prick. Odin would be cool, Zantetsuken, 1 hit kills you in the tournament - only to be revived by the statue. Would make for an interesting battle indeed!

Pandemoniu

Quote from: DeJ on November 04, 2016, 11:35:44 am
Agreed, Gilgamesh is a strong candidate. I would also lean Glenn over Crono. Crono is a lightning element and uses Katanas, Glenn in CT uses swords (albeit Water element) and in Crono Cross the Double Swords (Mastermune, which seems 'Holy' in nature.) Given the attention to detail paid by the development team, it seems they would make things consistent. Or... maybe we've got it all wrong here and it isn't even the Master Sword, even though it seems most likely. Here's one we haven't thought of... Bartz from FF5 in his Traveler job. It fits the FFT mold (job changing) and he can equip any weapon! Yeah... probably not, he's kind of bland and not a prick. Odin would be cool, Zantetsuken, 1 hit kills you in the tournament - only to be revived by the statue. Would make for an interesting battle indeed!

Neither here nore there, but putting it in spoilers just to be super cautious, but I don't see Bartz as bland. In fact, he's rather quirky and earnestly genuine. I'd think he'd be pretty cool in a setting like this one.

Dunno if he'd be the one with sword, though, as "jerk" isn't a word I, for one, would ever use to describe him.

KingUrameshi

This is Dante so I am going to say he uses the word prick a lot so maybe that isn't such a huge factor.

Guru

Quote from: KingUrameshi on November 05, 2016, 09:49:06 am
This is Dante so I am going to say he uses the word prick a lot so maybe that isn't such a huge factor.

He said honorless prick though, so I'd say it's probably more than just Dante being Dante.

I do like Pandemonlu's theory that he turns out being a good guy in the end, maybe he was just testing you or something. Would fit well with my theory too, that the CS is pulling the strings. OR maybe it is the CS.

Quote from: DeJ on November 03, 2016, 03:01:35 pm
My guess is this is an event that occurs later in the game. All of the 5 (sans Ramza, and maybe Snake) have a pre-determined 'ultimate weapon' in their respective games - with Link's obviously being the Master Sword. Maybe your team has considered adding popular ultimate weapons for each character, like in any good Final Fantasy, and this is the 'side-quest' for Link's? Maybe this coliseum offers a different challenge each time you visit and of course can be re-visited? Not sure if this is even possible

I was thinking the same thing with the utimate weapons. Something I just thought of though, Dante, Cloud and Link have a ton of "ultimate weapons", but I wonder what Ramza and Snakes ultimate weapon would be? Ramza's could be a crafted weapon or something, but what would snake's be? A really good dagger or bow? Maybe it's not even a weapon, but one of his fancy cloaking devices or something, or the cool bong in the background of the new shop :roll:

KingUrameshi

Its obvious what Snakes ultimate is

The M9 Tranq Gun

How OP was that shit, right?

Twinees

Also think about what characters have complicated designs! Gilgamesh for example has extremely intricate clothing. I usually tend to avoid pixelling those characters unless I can simplify them. Monsters take much longer than human sprites to make as well.

But that doesn't mean myself and the team haven't done some cool looking shit.

I did not make this.

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Twinees on November 06, 2016, 07:19:03 am
Also think about what characters have complicated designs! Gilgamesh for example has extremely intricate clothing. I usually tend to avoid pixelling those characters unless I can simplify them. Monsters take much longer than human sprites to make as well.

But that doesn't mean myself and the team haven't done some cool looking shit.

I did not make this.

That is a bad ass avatar sprite!

Guru

Quote from: KingUrameshi on November 06, 2016, 08:53:39 am

That is a bad ass avatar sprite!

Yeah it is! Nice work on the dragoon sprites man.

Twinees

Thanks Guru and KingUrameshi! Expect some more cool stuff in all forms in the Chapter 1 re-release and Chapter 2!

Valus

Hyraldelita

i can't see it :( it show me the image as broken...
Anyway, i hope they really added something new instead of a gilgamesh or another char from another game.
I prefer their original things , all the char they introduced untill now were godly made, sprite and character aswell, so i really hope they keep doing this instead of using characters we already know.

Any way, i think the best ultimate weapon possible for Ramza would be a "heavenly knight sword" as his father class was, or something related to Balbanes that symbolize House Beoulve :) don't you guys agree? (i have no idea for snake XD) but instead of a weapon i would give him a mantle with autocloak counter , so you can actually be the only character with 2 counter attacks, which make things incredibly easy !^^

Nyzer

Two reaction abilities at once tend not to work very well.

3lric

Quote from: Hyraldelita on November 08, 2016, 05:17:56 pm
i can't see it :( it show me the image as broken...

We are talking about Twinees new avatar.

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Elric on November 08, 2016, 08:14:07 pm
We are talking about Twinees new avatar.

I like how it follows the same sequence in which you get those members on your team.