• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Mercenaries Skill Videos

Started by Archael, November 22, 2008, 05:31:18 pm

Archael

November 23, 2008, 10:20:26 am #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
some very nice ideas there

especially Grapple, Crumble, and Snuff

Rest is good but it''s too easy to just wake him up

insta full HP heals are strong on such a tanky unit

perhaps Rest should cancel the Warder's Defending in return for SOME hp heal

I love the idea of him stopping his Defend to "Rest" or aid himself

Snuff is awesome... death formula so that it only works on sleeping opponents, right?

The Damned

November 23, 2008, 11:29:40 am #41 Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 11:38:56 am by The Damned
Yes, Snuff uses Death's formula for all 100%. It maybe needs to be Dark since I know that LastingDawn has at least one Zodiac Monster (boss?).

I suppose I should have been clearer on the ideas, but considering that between that post and this one I've had only about three hours sleep total (not even constant considering I woke up like thrice), I was trying to be both concise and lazy:

• Grapple: No extra explanation needed. I'm just weary that magic-using classes will get more use out of it even though them being more fragile and being constantly out-numbered should balance it out.
  • Forbid: Maybe too over biased towards magic-users, so it could just at Addle/Shin Silence.
  • Crumble: No extra explanation needed except that I AM going to being using this for one of my classes in my own patch. I think I'll put that thread up on December 1st though.
  • Relieve: Again, no extra explanation needed.
  • Rest: It's supposed to put the Warder to Sleep and Stop (as in the status) him. I agree that 100% may be too much, especially since Black Costume (which Warder can't equip, hence the Stop) and Defense Ring/Jade Armlet (which Warder can, but separately) maybe staying around. The reason I initially gave it so much is because Stop can't be cancelled by anything we know generics to have at the moment--the only thing to cancel Stop at the moment is Choco Esuna (of all things) and, though I doubt LD will use it, Gambler's Collect Debt. I would say that cancelling Defense for like 25% would be enough...but I thought that you can't cancel statuses that are Always on. Don't Warders have Innate Status: Defending or is that just a sprite effect? Anyway, compromise at 34% HP at the moment?
  • Cripple: I'm  not sure what uses formula 31 at the moment.
  • Snuff: As aforementioned, it's basically close-range 100% Death for Sleeping opponents. Poor bastards.
  • Kick: Nothing special here, really. It should be higher in damage than Shield Spin because it's single-target, but that's a no-brainer.
  • Shield Spin: See above. Also, it's a pity that there's no way to give it a shield "attacking" animation or at least use the Shield animation that comes up when "Guarded" comes up. Or is there?
  • Persevere: Nothing to say here other than I'm an asshole who couldn't resist the irony.

Oh, you can space the Lists? Well shit.

I'll go back do that for my other post(s).
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Archael

November 23, 2008, 11:34:42 am #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
you're right.... the always: defend status cannot be canceled

good call

The Damned

November 23, 2008, 11:48:43 am #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Meh.

Technically, it would be cancelled, it would just be re-activate the soonest possible interval. So it should be kind of like a reverse Defending in that taking an action will cause you to go back to Defending after "Resting", no?

Speaking of status, perhaps it would be best to say that Snuff should only do 80% at the time since I think that speedy classes with more movement (read: everyone else) might benefit from Snuff before Warder, who could at least take some abuse provided he didn't kill the opponent unlike some other classes (*cough*Thief*cough*).

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Archael

November 23, 2008, 11:57:35 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
well

Snuff can have a chance to apply the status

and otherwise deal mediocre damage

so if it doesn't work, you just gave a free wake-up to the target

The Damned

November 23, 2008, 12:01:35 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Wait. What?

Isn't "Cancel: Sleep" the status being applied in that formula so that it only targets Sleepers as Skip Sandwich wrote?

Archael

November 23, 2008, 12:06:18 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
yeah, you're right...

but if we do that, then it's a 100% type of deal

(if it connects vs the slept guy, it will apply the KO 100%)

Rhue

November 23, 2008, 06:35:57 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Rhue
For the tank:

Head Smash: Inflicts damage and has a high chance of inflicting silence to the enemy.

Leg Cut: Inflicts damage and has a high chance of inflicting "Don't move".

Sacrifice: Improved version of WISH.

Arm Slice: Inflicts damage and has a high chance of inflicting "Don't act"

Reaction: Last stand: Gives protect, shell and regen when the unit enters in critical status.

Archael

November 23, 2008, 09:44:10 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
added "Meatbone Slash" for Arbalist

will work on videos of good Warder ideas in the week if I get free time

boomkick

November 23, 2008, 11:13:01 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Why not give them Counter for kicks.

Archael

November 23, 2008, 11:15:12 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Counter would also work on them

either way, that ability (meatbone slash) is getting a re-name, regardless of what job it ends up on...

The Damned

November 23, 2008, 11:42:51 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
I was somewhat thinking about this as I trying to catalog things in FFTPatcher yet again: Does a class act glitchy if you get rid of its ability to attack barehanded? (Or can you even do that?)

I know there's a box for in it the Job Tab, but I was just wondering that with regards to Warders Always Defending position not really leanding itself to hand-to-hand on top of the heavy armor. (Kicking, yes. Punching, not really....)

Just a curiosity, really.

(On that note, though, I suppose I should say that I [still] think that Warder should have Innate Maintenance since that would at least keep enemy Warders from being boned over by not knowing how to use Innate Equip Change.)

Archael

November 23, 2008, 11:59:36 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
never tested it The Damned, but I agree that Warder should carry around melee weapons with it's shield

he's not an agile fighter to be punching or kicking

he's just strong as fuck

added 1 summon strike concept vid

dwib

November 24, 2008, 12:50:42 am #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
i like the summon strike idea very much, although i think the AoE should be reduced if not tossed away

Another possibility for Warder:
Full Swing - Heavy damage, inflicts slow on user (which would suck for warders)

boomkick

November 24, 2008, 12:58:45 am #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Warder

Massive Shock- Shake Off animation, Deals Aoe damage in front of him (he will only be able to target 1 panel around him, which will have an AOE of 1 panel.

Mage Breaker- Deals massive damage to those with High Faith.

Last Burst- Suicidal Attack, Deals MASSIVE damage to an AOE around the warder (and himself), Shock animation.

Zuka

December 09, 2008, 02:42:40 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Quote from: "Voldemort7"
Quote from: "The Damned"Is this Warder class a generic class or an enemy-only class Voldemort7?

generic

dont worry too much about balance right now guys

numbers are easy to change

we need IDEAS that work and suit the new jobs

worry about numbers  later

it's not the numbers I have an issue with, I don't think ANYONE should break armor in a linear effect, one piece on one person at a time is devastating enough when you consider them 100% effective... Unless of-course Maintenance is going to be A LOT more common

Archael

December 09, 2008, 02:52:26 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
who said anything about 100% effective

that skill is not 100% effective, it checks P EV

worry about numbers later, I said

boomkick

December 09, 2008, 05:27:26 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Lol, i think armor break in a line is too much unless the break % is around 10%.

Archael

December 09, 2008, 05:40:58 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
its pointless to complain about balance on placeholder ideas man

they can end up as whatever LD wants to do with them

the thing might end up with a range 3 line with v0 for all we know

Zuka

December 10, 2008, 11:40:27 am #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
okay, well, I assumed they would be 100% but i suppose I'd have to see the class in action as opposed to just an ability demonstration, I do still feel that the ability even when limited to break multiple items at once is going to make for a very tough to balance move, to be honest, I think that there should be a few less moves that deal damage, for example, interrupting shot is REALLY cool, but maybe it shouldn't do damage since you can stop a spell dead in its tracks from a range, Unless of-course there is a chance for the ability to fail at interruption... Just a suggestion...