• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:42:36 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ShiShi - Spriter Edition vR04 [Zoom Tool included]

Started by R999, May 10, 2010, 04:27:27 am

R999

May 10, 2010, 04:27:27 am Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:28:18 am by Twinees
ShiShi - Spriter Edition vR04
- by melonhead (478 build), R999 and formerdeathcorps
Does NOT work with PSP WotL iso !!

Magnifixer (with Fixed Location Zoom) for Windows:

Note: While Magnifixer is in focus, press Ctrl+F to lock/unlock the zoom location.

Download via Attachment below.

Photoshop CS4 + ShiShiR04 Workflow Demo

^ R999 spriting. Video is running at 150% speed.

Changes we have made:

• Upon importing BMP or SPR files, the animator/frame preview no longer resets to frame 1;
    instead it will now stay at the frame number previously.

• New function. Reimport previous BMP sprite!

• New Shortcut for Reimport: Ctrl/Cmd+R

• This frame number also does not reset when changing sprites.

- Special thanks to formderdeathcorps for compiling and debugging the builds for me.

You will need the .NET 4 framework:
Important Note: .NET4 installer may FAIL if you do not already have .NET3 framework installed.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en

Old Error (fixed now) in spoiler:

--

Lijj

It's really slow in windows; at least with my set-up. I installed Net framework4 1st too.
  • Modding version: PSX

R999

I fixed the problem. It had to do with PatcherLibResources.dll.  This new version should now be safe to use. I will be uploading it soon.
Uploaded.  See first post.  Still requires .NET Framework 4 though.

By the way, I am getting an approximately 60% productivity boost (I always time myself when I work, it's not just a random number) from this so if you ever had to work on arms or if you do regular ShiShi checks, you gotta be using this. Apart from that, you would otherwise also be producing better quality sprites with higher frequency ShiShi checks. As per always, work on your sprites frame by frame for best results.

Lijj

For me (Win XP) It's still slow And now the animation tab works worst than it did before. Most options just freeze up. All programs run smoothly on this system too so I doubt it's that; pretty good system. But i want to boost productivity as well.  Any other PC users try it yet?

R999

Can you describe what happens in the Animation Tab? There shouldn't be any changes. Most of the time (99%) I just use the Frames tab, and I use the arrow keys (Up, Down) to cycle through animations frame by frame. The productivity gained here is that now you can simply do a re-import and the Frame would no longer reset to 1; changing sprites also don't reset the frame number.

As for your slow down... it probably has more to do with your computer. I would have someone look over your computer for any signs of spyware etc. Can't help you with that as I haven't used Windows in years.

Lijj

I haven't had time to test exactly what causes the slowness and what doesn't. I know the animation tab and the bottom three options caused trouble. Seems to work til messing w/ em.

R999

Have you tried restarting your computer? Some of the features do not work... I should have noted that. But although, I haven't experience the problems that you are describing.

Lijj

After installing the framework, yes.

well hopefully you'll get more feedback or help from another PC user soon.

R999

Try restarting your computer once more.

By the way, I should have a new version of ShiShi coming soon (possibly tomorrow).  This time, there will be an actual instant re-import previous BMP function along with the above changes.

R999

Update to version R04.

What's new for this version?
+ Reimport previous BMP sprite file.
+ Press Ctrl/Cmd + R for instant Reimport!

Download via first post.  Enjoy!

dheiral

I just downloaded your latest version and when I load it it says a whole bunch of words.

1st line = System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PatcherLib.Iso.FFTPack' threw an exception. etc..

Tigerspike

dheiral, R999 addressed that specific problem in the second spoiler tag.  Go back to the first post, and hopefully that'll help you.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

dheiral

Tigerspike i read the second spoiler tag but don't see how it relates, it says old error (Fixed) and there was no Resources.zip

Tigerspike

Don't know what to tell you, then.  What you had described in your previous post sounded exactly like what was listed in the spoiler tag (which would be how it relates to your issue).  I'd try deleting the file and redownloading it.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

dheiral

It does look like what is in the spoiler tag but its different words. But shouldn't the new version have fixed the error since it says (Old error, now fixed).  Deleting and re-downloading it did not work.

Thanks though.

R999

@dheiral,

1. Try deleting the Resources.zip and Resources folder.

2. Does the error look exactly like that show in the screenshot? or very close?

dheiral

Hmm, I re-downloaded a new one and there is no Resources.zip, but a Resources folder.

I tried deleting it before loading the program/image, but the error does not look exactly like the screen shot (different words).  It is very close though.

R999

Is anyone else having this problem?  Have you tried restarting your computer. I will PM you another build that you can try.

dheiral

Yeah tried restarting my computer several times still did not work. Okay i'll look foward to it.

R999

After some fiddling around with some help from Twinees, vR04 might not work on the PSP WotL ISO, which maybe what is causing the error.