• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

mav

Something about the hair color on the portrait is bothering me. I attempted to clean it up, but you can take a look. You know, a lot of the shades on the hair and skin can be shared. And you might need that, since the shading on the clothing is a little flat.

Cheetah

The black is a bit too dark, even though it is shared. Otherwise looking much better, nice work Mav as always.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

I always try to avoid sharing colors. I remember multiple problems I had when I was using sprites and portraits that shared colors. I do need more reds though. I dunno what to do, man.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

dinosaur

April 23, 2011, 12:00:17 am #1863 Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:01:11 am by dinosaur
Looking at that sprite I thought a deeper red would look better with her light hair and skin.

It looks allllright

Cheetah

I see where you are going Dinosaur, but those reds are all wrong. Not enough contrast.

I think Mav's is great, just need a slight lightening of the darkest brown/black and it will be perfect with nothing else needed.
Current Projects:

Twinees

I love those blonde colours you used Mav, great job.
  • Modding version: PSX

dinosaur

Is this good?  I am learning :)

Cheetah

A step in the right direction Dinosaur, make sure you are taking your colors from existing portraits though (not sprites). That is the best way to learn and is probably a practice that one of the experts, Mav, probably still regularly does.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

I took Mav's version and lightened the dark color you spoke of Cheetah. I also darkened reds a bit. Now I plan to look at Dancer to get idea of how to shade the clothes.

Kagebunji

Another frame, plus the hair for back diagonal. Please help me on the hair for diagonal frame, it is a real disaster, I simply have no idea of how to do it, or how it should look(the thing I made even has small pillow shading, and looks strangely like Wiegraf ;_;)

Cheetah

I Great improvements on the portrait Kage, I prefer Mav's red but only slightly.

That hair is going to be tough, I have no other advice.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

I tried to get the red more dark, but I will use Mav's then. Yeah, the hair is not gonna be fun. I tried looking at Female Oracle for ideas, but her damn ponytail...

Wolfran

Dancer is a good reference for hair, but the boots in the front frame look to small for me.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Lijj

Looking good.. glad to see progress on this Kage!
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I already tried looking at Dancer, and she won't work unfortunately. Her band is on the wrong side, so as you see, it is kinda different hair :/ I dunno about you, but for some reason I wonder about DEB's hair(one of Zozma's sprites), I could try to slightly alter it. Suggestions?

GeneralStrife

DEB? What about Generic Female Assassin?

Kagebunji

Dycedarg Elder Brother-DEB. Female Assassin is same as Dancer, just the headband is added, so I doubt it will work. And after trying DEB's hair, I came to conclusion it won't work either...

Kagebunji

Ok, I hope this is at least half good. I used Frimelda's hair and changed it a bit(made it shorter, nothing else I think). Personally I like forward frames way more, but what to do...

Kagebunji

No suggestions? Great, I am moving with the back walking frames then. I didn't feel like this for a long time...

Wolfran

Idk if this will help you, but I gave it a try.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...