• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:53:43 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Down with generics

Started by megef2010, November 07, 2014, 09:08:10 pm

megef2010

November 07, 2014, 09:08:10 pm Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:58:13 pm by megef2010
I've started a little project where I've been replacing all of my generic job classes with sprites based on characters from different final fantasy's, and so far my lineup is:
Female knight: Beatrix from FFIX
Male knight: Sephiroth from FFVII
Male Archer: Vincent from FFVII (I plan on changing the job class so he can use guns)
Male Monk: Barret from FFVII (for lack of a better class)
Female Monk: Tifa from FFVII
Male Wizard: Doga from FFIII
Female Wizard: Lulu from FFX
Female Priest: Aeris form FFVII
Male Time Mage: Babus from FFTA
Female Summoner: Garnet from FFIX
Male Geomancer: Tidus from FFX (again lack of a better class)
Female Geomancer: Frimelda from FFTAGR (Is it just me, or are there way to many characters who use swords to include them all?)
Male Lancer: Cid from FFVII
Male Ninja: Shadow from FFVI
Female Ninja: Yuffie from FFVII
Male Samurai: Cyan from FFVI

If you know of any sprites floating around that could be used to fill the holes in the line up, or just want to make a recommendation please let me know. Also, I hope I can get a Yuna sprite for the chemist class, and a Rikku sprite for the thief class (I may consider making them, but don't expect them to look the best I'm no expert).
Famous last words - "I saw this in a movie it'll be great!"

Snap006

Someone started working on a Locke sprite. It doesn't have a portrait though. There is a Terra and Strago sprite out their too.

Check out Seushiro's thread. He has some sprites like Paladin Cecil, Firion, and Squall.

There is a nice custom dragoon sprite somewhere in one of the topics. If you switch the colors, I think it would make a really good Kain.

3lric

November 10, 2014, 02:32:30 pm #2 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:43:24 pm by Elric
Kinda have my doubts on the Male Dragoon that Twinees did looking like Kain

The Locke sprite wasn't finished, nor was the port,

Seushiro didn't import the ports correctly on all of his sheets, they use colors from the sprite, and will need a bit of work to
make functional.

However this isn't why I'm here.

I actually like the idea on paper, as it would make it feel like a FFStyle RTS job selection system... kinda.. However, have you thought of
making a ASM hack to change the generics names accordingly? Or do you intend to still have them use their generic names?

Also, I'd ask that this thread be continued in the NEW PROJECT IDEAS section. The spriting section is for sprites, concepts and
critique on the two. Patch ideas belong in NEW PROJECTS and you can still ask for sprite locations there.
  • Modding version: PSX

Snap006

I started thinking about this too. I think some of the sprites like Sephiroth don't have different color palettes. I haven't dealt with changing palette colors so I don't know how easy it would be to add new ones to the sprite sheet.

3lric

Quote from: Snap006 on November 10, 2014, 02:43:30 pm
I started thinking about this too. I think some of the sprites like Sephiroth don't have different color palettes. I haven't dealt with changing palette colors so I don't know how easy it would be to add new ones to the sprite sheet.

Adding/changing palettes is very easy with a combination of Palette Editor (care of Xif) and GraphicsGale, it's just in the case of spritesheets that are made incorrectly, it's not as simple as a palette swap.

megef2010

Oops, sorry about getting the section wrong. I have already changed all of my starting characters names to some of these characters listed, and I'm just going to hire generics if I want to add more characters, and I have gone through adding separate pallets to the different characters (some were more frustrating to do this with, Sephiroth for example I ended up having to change his hair color instead of his clothes.)

3lric

I reeeally hope you are pulling colors directly from other FFT sprites?

megef2010