• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:55 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New project - needing help

Started by XD0097, January 13, 2012, 08:56:00 pm

XD0097

im making an original Final Fantasy Tactics patch
Im needing FFX sprites:
Seymour
Kimahri
Yuna
Lulu
Rikku
Wakka
ALL bosses
All Aeons Human Size so they can be added to party without being tamed

FF9:
Zidane and kuja

FF8:
Squall
Ultemecia

FF7:
Cloud with the Buster sword on his back
ALL types of WEAPON

Crisis Core:
Angeal
Genisis

Advent Children:
Kadaj and his brothers

Kingdom Hearts:
Sora
KH Cloud And Sephiroth (winged or not)

FF6:
Terra ( Normal and Esper )
Kefka

FF4:
Paladin Cecil
Kain
Golbez

Undifined:
Monsters and others

Editors:
PSP iso expansion
sprite editor
a working text editor (mine makes fake excuses)

For anyone that doesnt think this is enough:
if you want your own generated characters included give me a .BMP or .SPR
the characters name and what weapons and abilities they can use finished sprites ONLY

I WILL BE NEEDING HELP AND I ONLY WANT EXPERIENCED PEOPLE
i am holding a job for an experience well known spriter for an example Lijj and several other mappers and spriters

3lric

New Projects belong in New Project Ideas, and Sprite Requests belong in the Offical Sprite Request Thread, tho be warned requests are rarely fulfilled, so you may have to make some of these yourself.

You would be better off starting your mod first with placeholders, just to make sure your going to be able to handle all that making a mod actually takes
  • Modding version: PSX

XD0097

thanks for telling me im new to the forum and havent learned everything but i was just letting people who wants to help know

3lric

I understand, you should also go read this thread, it's very important to read for anyone wanting to make a mod

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6125.0

XD0097

thanks but ive got a ton of free time and i will complete thats also why im getting people quickly before i start

Twinees

Noone will join your cause unless some progress on your patch and there is a lot more information about it, you can't just go ahead and ask people to join nothing they know and could potentially be a waste of time.

XD0097

ive already done a few patches nothing serious though and im not asking unless its someone with great skill and potential

3lric

Quote from: XD0097 on January 13, 2012, 09:29:44 pm
ive already done a few patches nothing serious though and im not asking unless its someone with great skill and potential

Thats the thing tho, no one with "great skill and potential" will join a patch unless they see some huge progress first, i suggest you learn how to event edit as well as mess with the worldmap,
once you have these down and are fluent in working with them, you will have a much bigger chance of finding some help.

I wish you luck

Twinees

Quote from: XD0097 on January 13, 2012, 09:29:44 pm
im not asking unless its someone with great skill and potential

Why would they help you if they knew nothing about your patch?

Eternal

Excellent, since you've done some patches before, you'll know how much work it is and why people are wary about helping with such big dreams when a lot of them don't work out.

Nobody's trying to discourage you, we just need to know more information about it. Just coming here saying "I want to do so-and-so and need so-and-so to do this and that" is obviously going to make some people leery. If you want help, you're going to need to show that you're in it for the long haul. Not saying you're not, but we've had a lot of people come here with grand dreams only to leave people in the lurch.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Elric42 on January 13, 2012, 09:32:45 pm
Thats the thing tho, no one with "great skill and potential" will join a patch unless they see some huge progress first, i suggest you learn how to event edit as well as mess with the worldmap,
once you have these down and are fluent in working with them, you will have a much bigger chance of finding some help.

I wish you luck

Elric has made a good point here, no one like that will join unless good progress has been made.
And man, you sure are asking for a lot of sprites. lol
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

3lric

Quote from: Eternal248 on January 13, 2012, 09:36:06 pm
Excellent, since you've done some patches before, you'll know how much work it is and why people are wary about helping with such big dreams when a lot of them don't work out.

Nobody's trying to discourage you, we just need to know more information about it. Just coming here saying "I want to do so-and-so and need so-and-so to do this and that" is obviously going to make some people leery. If you want help, you're going to need to show that you're in it for the long haul. Not saying you're not, but we've had a lot of people come here with grand dreams only to leave people in the lurch.

Well said Eternal

XD0097

the ideal came from dissidia crossed with fft exept further into the future where the ever going war in dissidia tears it apart and the battle is moved into ivalice and thyre they Meet the new title Grand Holy Knight Ramza and Legendary Champion Delita

3lric

Quote from: XD0097 on January 13, 2012, 09:42:38 pm
the ideal came from dissidia crossed with fft exept further into the future where the ever going war in dissidia tears it apart and the battle is moved into ivalice and thyre they Meet the new title Grand Holy Knight Ramza and Legendary Champion Delita

All of this requires event editing and its something you will need to learn how to do,
Download EasyVent Super Perfect 1.91  and look around in it, I also have a changemap tutorial in the tutorials
section regarding events that may help you as well. 

And as Eternal said, no one is trying to Discourage you, but as someone that has been working on Mods for a bit now,
I can say it just seems like you might be thinking this is alot easier then it actually is.

If you need advice with events come onto IRC and i will try to help as best as i can

XD0097

i knoe this i going to be really hard the work ive done wasnt simple but im starting the project in a short time but im starting with cloud and sephiroth battle but any advice on how i should move dissidia to ivalice?

XD0097

whats your though on a bonus area called chasm of dreams where it branches out into each game to get the characters strongest weapon

Samuraiblackbelt

Show me a completed event with placeholder sprites, show me a basic story outline, show me that you understand anything other than just using the Patcher and I might consider helping you in your endeavor. And I'm sure no one else on the site is going to help you without at least that much.

You'd better learn to sprite, because getting all of those sprite requests fulfilled is virtually impossible. You'd also be better off forgetting the idea of doing this on the PSP version.

Basically, show the experienced people here that you yourself are well experienced. Why would they want to help some random guy who is incapable of doing any of the work himself, and is just relying on them to accomplish his dreams?

And please read this:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6125.0
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

XD0097

ive already read that im about to start the first event in a few where cloud finds sephiroth  standing in a battle feild a sephiroth challenges him by saying
-you should let your dreams go before i remove you from the memory of the planet

Eternal

Locking and moving this to Archives.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817