• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:12:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

TableTop Adventures (working title)

Started by Rufio, August 22, 2014, 03:12:58 am

Rufio

August 22, 2014, 03:12:58 am Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:31:49 am by Rufio
Since the demo is out and I will be posting my progress and whatnot to that thread, I am turning this thread into sort of a master-guide. Also for me to keep track of what I'm even doing.

ASM Information (Big thank you to everyone who made these)

Inverted Fury/Faith
  - Physical abilities are (attacker's Brave)*(defender's Faith)*constant*damage
  - Magical abilities are (attacker's Faith)*(defender's Brave)*constant*damage
Completely New World Map
Weapon Battle Sprites
Equip X changes
Proposition hack
Random Battle changes
Ability Requirements Hack
Sprite ID causes game over
Sprite ID cannot be dismissed
Remove Permanent Brave/Faith Alterations
Weapon Strike Element fix
Weapon Strike Rewrite
Two hands affects weapon strike abilities
Original Attacker Hits After Hamedo
Chocobo Movement Hack
Equip Change uses move instead of act
A bunch of formula edits
Intro text changes

Jobs:

Tier 1
Base/Squire - Each of the 5 main characters has different skills and available equipment
Apprentice - Pretty much a chemist, still working on some abilities here.

Tier 2 (Requires jlvl 2 Base or Apprentice)
Fighter - Martial. Most abilities require a 1`handed weapon.
Barbarian - Primal. Most abilities require a 2 handed weapon.
Cleric - Divine. Most abilities require a shield or implement.
Wizard - Arcane. Most abilities require an implement.

Tier 3 (Requires jlvl 3 base or apprentice, jlvl 5 primary tier 2, jlvl 3 secondary tier 2.)
Ranger - Martial/Primal. Most abilities require either ranged or light blades.
Rogue - Martial/Arcane. Damaging abilities require light blades.
Warlord - Martial/Divine. Most abilities require a shield.
Seeker - Primal/Arcane. Most abilities require projectiles.
Druid - Primal/Martial. Most abilities require one handed weapons.
Shaman - Primal/Divine. Abilities learned from monsters.
Paladin - Divine/Martial. Most abilities require shields.
Avenger - Divine/Primal. Most abilities require heavy two handed.
Runepriest - Divine/Arcane. Most abilities require shields.
Warlock - Arcane/Primal. Most abilities require implements.
Sorcerer - Arcane/Divine. Most abilities require implements.
Bard/Warden - Arcane/Martial. Most abilities require woodworks(Instrument/Quarterstaff).

Tier 4 (requirements TBD)
Swordmage - Arcane/Martial. All abilities require 1 handed Sword.

Weapons:

Basic Weapons:
Dagger - MA*faith/100*4 - +2 MA - considered light blade and implement.
Rapier - PA*brave/100*6 - light blade
Longsword - PA*brave/100*8 - one handed
Greatsword - PA*brave/100*10 - two handed
Greataxe - PA*brave/100*12 - two handed
Flail - PA*brave/100*7 - one handed reach
Spear - PA*brave/100*9 - two handed reach
Hammer - PA*brave/100*8 - one handed
Arrows - PA*brave/100* - two handed projectile
Bolts - PA*brave/100* - one handed projectile

Basic Weapon Enchantments:
Fire Element - Flaming
Water Element - Frost
Lightning Element - Shock
Wind Element - _____ of Winds
Earth Element - Earthen
Fey Element - Fey
Holy Element - Annointed
Dark Element - Ebon

Special Weapons:
Tome - MA*faith/100*4 - +3 MA - One handed Implement
Staff - MA*faith/100*4 - +3 MA - Two handed reach Implement
Wand - MA*faith/100*4 - +3 MA - One handed Implement
Quarterstaff - PA*brave/100*10 - Woodwork
Lyre -  MA*faith/100*5 - +3 MA - Woodwork

Exotic Weapons:
Under Construction

Artifacts:
Under Construction

Armors/Shields/Headgear/Accessory:

Armor:
Heavy Armors - Add High HP
Medium Armors - Add average HP/MP
Light Armors - Add Low HP High MP

Shields:
Light Shield - Add High M-ev
Heavy Shield - Add High P-ev
Enchanted shields are either light or heavy and, in most cases, provide a buff.

Headgear:
Common headgear gives +25 hp and gives a status immunity.
Rare Headgear gives 40HP/20MP or 20HP/40MP and provides a buff.

Accessories:
- Gauntlets provide Elemental Strengthen
- Capes proved Elemental Absorb/Weaken
- Rings grant a buff
- Shoes grant a movement related bonus

Elements:

Element flow: Each element is weak to the following element and cancels the previous.  Monsters absorb their own element.

Fire -> Water -> Lightning -> Earth -> Wind -> Fire

Fey -> Dark -> Light -> Fey

Monsters:

Each monster type has an element, a move to be learned by the Shaman, a special attack granted by a Druid, and a poachable helmet/shield/accessory.
Chocobos - Wind
Goblins - Earth
Bombs - Fire
Cats - Lightning
Mindflayers - Water
Skeletons - Dark
Ghouls - Dark
Flotiballs - Wind
Hellhounds - Fire
Pigs - Water
Trents - Earth
Minotaurs - Fey/Dark/Holy
Marlboros - Lightning
Behemoths - Fey
Dragons - Holy
Hydras - Dark

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

3lric

August 22, 2014, 07:15:30 am #1 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:39:41 am by Elric
I love you..

Also. The Ch2 Jot5 ASMs are not public yet. But ill pm you after work.

Awesome stuff so far btw
  • Modding version: PSX

Rufio

Haha, thank you!  That means a lot coming from you.

3lric

Oh trust me, if you stick around here and keep that motivation going, you and I will become quite good friends :D

Jumza

Quote from: Elric on August 22, 2014, 07:15:30 am
I love you..

But only because I like seeing new stuff :P

It looks like you've put a TON of work into this, like, wow. Keep it up, if you ever need help with an event, feel free to ask myself, Xifanie or Elric for help, either on irc or by pm!

I look forward to seeing your work :D
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

Definitely looking forward to see more of your work.

It would be nice to know what you are planning to change in terms of the story. I see Ramza, Delita (maybe not delita but just his sprite), and all sorts of other characters, so it's hard to tell where this is going.

I ask because I wonder if you'd be interested in a custom world map... I made a spreadsheet for it, and would love to see someone make a custom world map with it. JotF has a slightly edited map, and that's it; no other mod edits it.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

TigerBlade

I love seeing new content!  Keep up the good work, looks like you're already well underway.

Rufio

August 22, 2014, 07:42:10 pm #7 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:48:49 pm by Rufio
Oh, it's a completely different story.  The entire thing will be the DnD campaign that I ran for my friends for almost a year.  I am only using the Delita, Algus, Agrias and Gafgarion sprites for my friends' characters until I get around to respriting them.  The names are all changed already.

I would LOVE a custom world map.  Right now I'm trying to make due with what is provided in the game, but it is definitely less than optimal.  Currently you start in Port of Warjilis (after the intro flashforward) and meander your way north while doing random jobs or not during the main quest line.  The actual story I have written takes place on an island with a large mountain in the center.

In chapter 2 (thinking faaaaaar ahead) there is some naval stuff going on, so having a dot or two out in the sea would be nice.

I just finished writing the multiple ending scenarios for my large encounter scene and am going to open up a bit more of the world and work on random encounters (with possible cameos) and some subquests.

Edit:  When I say Port of Warjilis, I mean Asgard Military Compound.  This is an entirely new world.

Celdia

Looks like a well thought out project. I'm a fan of anything D&D related so I'm definintely interested in seeing what you've got up your sleeve for that. Gonna be keeping an eye on this project for sure. If there's something from my patch you've seen that you think you might want a hand working with, send me a PM.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Rufio

August 22, 2014, 09:00:39 pm #9 Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:08:33 am by Rufio
First thing DnD related I changed was the jobs.  They are organized by power source; martial, primal, divine and arcane.  So you have your 2 starting jobs (base, apprentrice)

leveling base unlocks fighter and barbarian (martial and primal)
leveling apprentice unlocks cleric and wizard (divine and arcane)

then there are 3 more jobs from each power source that require a mix of the 4 originally unlocked classes.

Martial:  Ranger, Rogue, Warlord
Primal:  Seeker, Druid, Shaman
Divine:  Paladin, Avenger, Runepriest
Arcane: Warlock, Sorcerer, Bard/Warden

There's also a Swordmage that has some cool stuff going on.

All of the abilities for these jobs reflect those found in heroic level DnD 4e handbooks.

Edit:  I just took a look at your mod master guide while I wait for my train.  Im not too familiar with any mods besides Jot5.  It looks like you have done extensive work balancing and remodelling jobs items and abilities.  I would love to have your help on those aspects of the game.  I know I still have some work to do in areas like jp cost and chance to learn.

I will send you a message when I get home from BeiJing or talk to you about it in chat.

Rufio

Sorry for the double post, but i feel like progress deserves its own space.

So I got back from Beijing today and got to work fixing some of my old events and writing up new ones.  Here are some more screenshots to unrustle your jimmies.  These should demonstrate what kind of game I'm going for as every screenshot is from the same encounter.

The last picture pretty much describes my reaction every time I watch an event I just wrote for the first time.  I still have some cleaning up to do in these events and want to add weather effects and change some backgrounds, but I'm going strong!

3lric

August 27, 2014, 08:54:24 am #11 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:54:12 am by Elric
Very nice stuff here man, hope we can see some video eventually,
and don't worry about double posting as long as its not within the
same 24 hour period

Vaan

"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

skiploom188

Did I hear naval? An open sea battle? Is it a ship to ship battle-like map? Oooooo, many speculations, such water. Anyway just throwing it out there, I would love to see that setup in FFT. Now abilities like Move in Water and Float have a reason to exist! (If they're still there) And all that ranged action and jumping will be funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Rufio, you have my attention sir. Finish this patch :)))
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Rufio

So first off,  BIG thank you to Xifanie.  Your spreadsheets are amazing and, therefor, you are amazing.  Second, I'd like to apologize to Elric.  I told him I would be working on a bunch of my events, but I got distracted by Xifanie and her crazy spreadsheets.  Look at what she made me do!  LOOK!

The rest of the paths exist, I just had troubles getting them all to draw at the same time.

3lric

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Xifanie

\o/
It's going to need some work, but I'm glad to finally see someone put that spreadsheet to use.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Rufio

Everything I'm doing is going to need work.  I'm building a house by throwing rocks at nails.  I'll sort out the details later.

Choto

Wow, impressive work so far! Let me know if you need any help with finding what you need in regards to ASM. Right now i'm behind on the last JoT5 hack, and I still have stuff to do for Celdia... but since you already know a bit I can help you along with what you need to do. Looking forward to this project