• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.

Started by Rufio, September 25, 2014, 12:44:51 pm

Vaan

September 30, 2014, 10:21:48 am #60 Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:30:31 am by Vaan
Nacht makes a surprised face in the exact moment he figures out important stuff and his brain absorb everything like a sponge in a glass of water. "Interesting..."

He finds it necessary to perhaps tell it later and reaches over to Ronny's rope to help him extract the body as suffocation becomes closer and closer as time passes by. He thinks to himself: "As much this is valuable they need to be alive if they want to know it."

> [Help Ron extract the body from vents]
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

TristanBeoulve

Jessie notices the others attempting to extract a body from the vents, and rushes over to help.
>Help extract the body from the vents.
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

Eternal

Superbia looks over at Jessie, "My child, perhaps I could make light of what's in that manual?" Father Superbia then looks over at the corpses. "Something is amiss about this entire ordeal. Jordan, will you continue to help me investigate?"

>Cautiously continue examining nearby corpses.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

TristanBeoulve

Jessie looked at the father. "Sure, here." He said, his arm outreached, and gave the father the manual.
>Give Ventilation Manual to Father Superbia.

Rufio

ROUND 7 REPORT

Aside: I moved someone's roll to the end because it will make more sense.
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia, Jessie, Nacht
The group begins working as a team to accomplish the task at hand.  Each party member lending their strengths to work towards the same goal.

Quote from: Rachael> Remain vigilant. 

Roll = 7    Total=11
You remain alert and ready to warn the party of any impending doom.

Quote from: Nacht> [Help Ron extract the body from vents]

Roll = 4    Total=9
You aren't much help, but you do what you can.

Quote from: Jessie>Help extract the body from the vents.

Roll = 5    Total=7
You don't do much when pulling on the rope, but at least you don't get in the way.

Quote from: Father Superbia>Cautiously continue examining nearby corpses.

Roll = 2    Total=10 (i wish i was making this up, man)
You take note of all the bodies' position, decay, wounds and etc.  You agree with Jordan's assessment thusfar, but have nothing more to add nor alternative theories to provide.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps AI>Aid the father in his investigation, making sure he doesn't fall again.

Roll = 3    Total=11
You carefully watch over the Father to ensure he doesn't have another mishap (+1 to Superbia's next DEX check while on the roof).

Quote from: Ronald>[Grab rope and begin corpse extraction once other join in to help.]

Roll = 10    Total=14
You pull the rope so skillfully that the corpse is not only extracted but appears to undo the damage it did on the way in. When the body plops out of the system and lands safely off to the side, the machine begins to whirrr with life.

Quote from: Round Report
SCENE:  Under direction of master rope puller, Ronald.  The team extracts the body and undoes all damaged caused by it.   In a stroke of good luck, the machine starts running.  Hopefully, this has solved their air crisis back inside the compound.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents have stopped working.  53 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating??

Character Sheets

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

Ryqoshay

"Well, that was easy..." Ron says as the body comes loose and the device appears to resume its function. He stares at the open vent. "Hrm... it would be nice to clean this thing out a bit, otherwise it'll stink very much bad down there as whatever was scraped off and left behind." He looks at those near him. "Don't suppose one a' you boys happens to have a lighter? I don't smoke, 'cause those thing'll kill ya..." He pauses. After a moment his expression changes as if a brilliant idea has occured to him. Happily, he takes a large draft from his bottle of booze.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Vaan

Nacht shakes his head in answer to Ron's question "I dont smoke."  and as he says that  he walks towards the many corpses, and announces loudly so everyone can hear "Guys, here's what I found out: The roof was used as an execution site.  The reason the door is battered isn't because something was trying to get in, but because people were trying to escape from the rooftop slaughter.  The corpses are at various stages of decay because they were executed at different times over a long period of time.  Some of the corpses were burnt to prevent them from turning "Z", but after a while the possibility of the corpses turning seemed minimal, so they were no longer burnt.
Concluding that speech, Nacht remembers his failure at looking for weapons or ammo so he looks at the corpses and says "Screw it, I dont want to die, I need this."

> [Get the phalanges off all the corpses to use as ammo for my nerf gun]
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Ryqoshay

Quote from: Vaan on October 01, 2014, 05:21:28 am
> [Get the phalanges off all the corpses to use as ammo for my nerf gun]

OOC: Ewww... >.<

"Huh... Pity..." Ron grumbles quietly when Nacht denies smoking. He listens to the kid's theory about the goings on here prior to their arrival and can't help but scoff a bit. Of course you know what happened, you were there...

Vaan

Quote from: Ryqoshay on October 01, 2014, 01:55:59 pm
OOC: Ewww... >.<

OOC: It's totally necessary even if disgusting. Nacht is unarmed.
   ~ Vaan

Ryqoshay

Quote from: Vaan on October 01, 2014, 02:59:21 pm
OOC: It's totally necessary even if disgusting. Nacht is unarmed.

OOC: I'm sure there are a few spare Yggdrasil Planks to be had. Besides, the entire group isn't exactly armed to the teeth just yet anyway. We're only on Scene 1. Also, I can't speak for the rest of the group, i.e. Superbia, but I doubt Ron will take issue with Nacht's desecration of the bodies. He may or may not make a rude remark about it though.

Vaan

Quote from: Ryqoshay on October 01, 2014, 03:07:42 pm
OOC: I'm sure there are a few spare Yggdrasil Planks to be had. Besides, the entire group isn't exactly armed to the teeth just yet anyway. We're only on Scene 1.

OOC: Well yea, but really depends on Rufio's narrative. If he makes a L4D2 kind of scenario, there is a small preparation and the zambeenies will come right after, i feel that everyone but Jessie and Nacht are "prepared" since everyone has a plank, but rachael, she has a bat. I feel that the phalanges are a priority since we extracted the body and we might leave the roof, he might just grab a plank from the barricade on the way out.
   ~ Vaan

Eternal

Father Superbia looks over at Nacht. "My son! Those these corpses are damned to oblivion, it's wrong to desecrate them so!" The Father proceeds to cross himself. "May God have mercy on our souls..."

The Father opens the manual out of sheer curiosity and begins to read it, hoping it may prove useful in the future.

>Read the manual.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ryqoshay

October 01, 2014, 08:28:46 pm #72 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 03:19:03 am by Ryqoshay
OOC: Nya ha! I suddenly have the urge to start calling Rufio the Director...

"Heh..." Ron cannot help but chuckle a bit. "If they're already damned, then it doesn't matter what we do to them. They ain't gettin' any more damned. Besides, the kid may be on to something, fighting undead with the dead. Lord knows fighting them with the living has beeen working out so very well for us thus far."

>[Contemplate various aspects of the situation, particularly how much longer the bottle of Jack Daniel's will last.]

Vaan

Quote from: Ryqoshay on October 01, 2014, 08:28:46 pm
OOC: Nya ha! I suddenly have the urge to start calling Rufio the Director...

OOC: I totally imagined rufio on a chair, with a speaker and a berret yelling cut when a herd of zombies surrounding us start dancing Thriller

"Thank you Ronald..." says Nacht, "...Superbia, as much as i feel its not right, I need this ammo as I am unarmed against Zombies. Besides they are going to rot anyway, let em be useful before they become dust."

OOC: I couldnt type that last sentence without singing to myself: "And another one gone, and another one gone, Another one bites the dust"
   ~ Vaan

Jumza

Jordan looks over at Nacht, a disgusted look on his face. "Th-That's... pretty gross..." he stammered, deciding that looking was not the best idea.
The ventilation machine had come to life, they're mission appeared to be complete. Ron stated his worries about the smell, Jordan thought that it would be best to leave right away to check if the ventilation was actually working... But he also didn't love the idea of waking up one morning to the stench of rotting flesh.
Jordan decided to let Ron go on with the cleaning.
"We should go back soon, this place is giving me the creeps. I'm sure there isn't anyone here who actually enjoys looking at these bodies."
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

TristanBeoulve

October 02, 2014, 12:26:23 am #75 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:30:30 am by TristanBeoulve
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Jessie exclaimed as he witnessed Nacht's actions. "If it were up to me, you'd be the owner of those fingers!" Jessie scowled.
>Kill smack Nacht in the face.

OOC: Yeah, Jessie doesn't like that stuff.

Celdia

Rachael stares in disbelief at Nacht for a moment before blurting out in horrfied disbelief, "Jesus Christ, what are you doing to them?!" Almost immediately after, a slight blush darkens her face as she looks to Father Superbia realizing what she said. "Oh, I, uh...I'm sorry, Father. It's just...he...ugh!" A disgusted grimace twists her features as she feels the bile rising in her throat and quickly turns away from the rest of the group.

> Try not to be violently ill
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Ryqoshay

Ron raises an eyebrow at Rachel's outburst. "Well, at least you apologized." He mutters with a shrug. "I'm sure He'll forgive you this time, though you really should try to avoid blaspheme like that. Seeing how it's one a' the big ten and all, it's a good way to get on His bad side."

Vaan

OOC: So... i've been willing to make Nacht's reaction to the smack and to every1 being disgusted but i feel its better to see how much the smack hurts, or if it even lands. So... yea  :|
   ~ Vaan

TristanBeoulve

Quote from: Vaan on October 03, 2014, 07:55:46 pm
OOC: So... i've been willing to make Nacht's reaction to the smack and to every1 being disgusted but i feel its better to see how much the smack hurts, or if it even lands. So... yea  :|

OOC:Lol