• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:19:14 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[old]The Lion War 1.06 - DOWNLOAD HERE!

Started by 3lric, September 21, 2019, 06:20:31 pm

3lric

September 21, 2019, 06:20:31 pm Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:02:29 am by Elric

Have you ever wanted to see the extra content in War of the Lions, but couldn't stand the slowdown, or the weird, faux old
English speak? Did you ever hear of Japanese content that was cut from the English release of FFT, and wonder why we never got
to see any of it? Do you hate the DEB 'feature' from vanilla? If so, then Final Fantasy Tactics - The Lion War, has you covered!

Finally after years of production and many many scrapped and remade builds, The Lion War is finally available for download!
Featuring all of the extra scenes and battles with De-WotLized speech, intro and opening movies and extra units from War of the Lions,
with the addition of Ashley Riot instead of Luso. You can even get Dark Knights as a generic class in The Lion War!

In addition to the above, we've changed up the vanilla sidequest requirements a bit. See the Changelog thread for more info on this.

This is also the first mod to have fully functioning, english sound novels working in game! That's right, no softlocking, or google translate here.
We currently have 3 of the 4 novels, tested and curated over several years, completely functional, and we have a translator working on
getting the 4th one in proper english as well.

This is also the first mod to ever have the translated generic unit quotes added back in for all generic units in the game.
This feature, like the Sound Novels, was dummied out of the english version of the game, and never included in WotL. You can now
click start on any units name in the formation window to see their unique quote.

A lot of work went into making this all function correctly, and for anyone who wants to use TLW as a base for their own FFT mod, resources
will soon be supplied for a full build. We've also saved you ~130 event slots, so you can easily expand upon the story, add marks,
or whatever else you may want to use the space for.

1.06 UPDATE
In addition to all the Event Space that TLW already cleared up, we've also integrated in the FFTP Consolidation Project!
This means more freed up jobs, skillsets, item attributes, inflict status and more!
For more info on the FFTP Consolidation Project, read the thread HERE.

This mod must be patched to an UNEXPANDED .bin/.iso/.img file.
Make sure to read the README.txt (or .nfo) to learn how to install the two ported WotL Movies

As with all initial releases of mods, there will likely be a bug or two lingering. Make sure to post any you find in the Bug Reporting Thread!!

(NOTE: New Game Plus is not yet complete for TLW, as we are perfectionists, and don't like releasing things in a half-arsed manner,
so the initial release will not contain this. A new Roster hack is still in the works as well, which will also be released at a later date.)
[/s]
  • Modding version: PSX

Moofin

Great job everyone. Looking forward to this very much. Excited to go back to Ivalice after all these years :)

Swordmaster

Nice.  Been looking forward to this almost as much as Jot5.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Thanks guys. I cant wait for this to be done and to start working more on Jot5 again.

While others have been beta testing, ive been organizing and creating batch files for all known Jot5 events we have planned, as well as any blank events so i can easily make batch files for using the offset rewritter as well as the multi-compiler.  Makes it much easier to event via savestate and just drop the event script into the correct spot for compiling, once its done.

azavier

Super excited . Can we expect it to be Midnight or the morning of the 27th?

3lric

Nyzer

And possibly what bugs we find, but so far they've all been fairly squashable, if not squashed already.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Bonesy

I want the papers on my desk by 11:59 PM Friday, Parker!

Just kidding. Will probably play when it comes out since I don't have a switch and DQXI-S lol
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

3lric

Quote from: Nyzer on September 26, 2019, 09:30:47 pm
And possibly what bugs we find, but so far they've all been fairly squashable, if not squashed already.

The few bugs that exist arent gamebreaking.

After tonight the only remaining bugs will be:
-Barrage graphic issue (does not affect function and will be fixed tomorrow)
-icon for reflect in spell descriptions is currently derped, will be fixed
-Zalera doesnt float.

3lric

Quote from: azavier on September 26, 2019, 07:17:40 pm
Super excited . Can we expect it to be Midnight or the morning of the 27th?

Sorry, my original post was misleading, because I apparently cannot read a calender. The release was always supposed to be on saturday, not friday (considering i work 2:30pm -11pm during the week) lol. My bad. I'm exhausted from work and need to create 1 final build with last minute fixes, and don't want to miss anything.

I would project somewhere between noon and 2pm (12-14 hours from now) or sooner, depending when I wakeup.

fennieyuen

OMG,
Just realised this is coming out.. today!!!!! :D :D

3lric

fennieyuen

Argy

Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Ciompo

You guys are awesome, congratulations for your hard work and thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Celdia

Well hot damn! Congrats, gang! Amazing to finally see this one finished. :D
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

3lric

Thanks for the enthusiasm everyone! And thank you Argy and Celdia, good to see you both after so long.

ChuckyMclove

Thanks's...

Glad to enjoy the game, all of you worked so long to finish, I just have to thank you...

Choto

Quote from: Celdia on September 28, 2019, 05:33:11 pm
Well hot damn! Congrats, gang! Amazing to finally see this one finished. :D

Cellllldiiiaaaaaaaaaa  :wark: :wark:

3lric

Version 1.01 of The Lion War, is now live! Download and patch to a new clean image and then you should be fine to load your hardsaves (not savestates) to see what was fixed, visit the bug reports thread HERE