• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:26:57 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

Bosteta

There is a version more easier? I almost can't play, because are so difficulty, I think the game exists do have fun not to be anger.

3lric

There is no easier version. However, the re-release has a few game changing mechanics, and while I won't say it makes the game 'easier' it can make it more manageable
  • Modding version: PSX

Bosteta

Oh, okay. I see some videos in Youtube and I see that player have a lot of luck. My guests never do, what they do. My enemies always inflict some negative status on my characters and on the videos... never happens.

I'll wait for the re-release. o/

Nyzer

In the worst case scenario, you can abuse save states to pull off vital status inflictions.

In their base jobs alone, Snake gets an unlimited-range Quick, weapon-range Death, self-Invis, and melee-range Sleep; Link gets an AoE Stop and can inflict Slow via Ice Arrows; Dante can do a variety of stuff (but I personally made him go knife just so I could have a decent Chemist - that got me a Paralyze and a self Regen); and Ramza has Regen, which restores MP in this version.

I never found a boss that was immune to Slow.

You should also make liberal use of the Knight's Invigorate, it's relatively easy to come by, and with the MP return alongside the Reraise you'll rarely feel the cost of the spell.

If you charge in blindly on tougher battles, you'll get slaughtered. The enemies in JoT5 will ABSOLUTELY make you fight for your victories. But if you're REALLY struggling you might want to go JP grind for a while.

And think about picking up a Generic Female with perfect compatibility with Snake and a high Faith stat - He can sit in a corner and spam Move! at her with something like a 66% success rate all day long.

Oh, and as for Guests... you want your Guests to have self heals. White Magic if you don't want them to consume Potions all the time. I didn't give my Agrias a self heal, and every time she got critically wounded or revived she would spend her next turn running away from everything to go hide in a corner. ¬_¬
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

JP formula will change for re-release, that will help a bit on it's own. Plus you have marks to help you get extra money/exp/items. You will be able to Synth weapons/armor 1-2 shop progress before you can buy them (more on this later) do repeatable marks to get synth materials, etc (I'll further elaborate on the last 2 shortly)

DaHammerCrush

First off, Thanks for doing this. As a noob to this community I feel I've missed out on something that I've been wanting Square to do for years now and low and behold you industrious folks have been making it happen for a long time now. My desire was to see the FF4 team (fond memories) brought into the Tactics world. The JOT5 has been a wonderful playthrough and I'm nearing completion of Chapter 1 and already can't wait to see what you have in store for Ch.2 and beyond. If I could be so presumptuous as to make some suggesitons for things that I feel both could work into the game mechanics as well as be fun Easter eggs about the characters I'd love to see Dante with an ability to equip both a one handed sword and one handed projectile weapon at the same time, this could provide a great support ability for the Son of Sparta Job; call it Gunfighter or something, it would also allow Dante to have several more of his abilities available to him in fight (both gunslinger and swordmaster) the attack mechanics would basically be dependent on the range selected as the determiner of the weapon used. Second is more minor give Link a blade beam type ability to shoot from the tip of his weapon like in LOZ1 (Maybe a Master Sword mod if that is in the cards for future chapters). I love the Materia angle that your using, would love to see DT for Dante be a thing that you can trigger as a player, thinking a persistent spell type with a counter for both availability and then for activation. Calymore mines for Snake would be a nice touch too (Set Trap ability). Anyway it is fun being a Monday morning Quarterback and I absolutely love what you guys are doing, please keep it up, and as I do some system development and programming myself I'd be more than happy to start learning the right things to be helpful so please reach out if I can assist in some way.

Crush

Jumza

The problem with equipping ranged weapons and close combat weapons at the same time is that the game bases the range off of the weapon equipped in the right hand for both attacks, meaning a sword could be used at gun range. Super duper broken.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Nyzer

DT as an ability would be essentially impossible to set up for a great many reasons.

Dual wielding guns and swords usually doesn't work very well, as Jumza explained above. (I misremembered the reason why it doesn't work, but it still doesn't work.)
Again, altering the mechanics to accommodate this would be near impossible.

The Claymores (or other explosives) and Blade Beam probably WOULD be doable, but I doubt there's any intent to change the characters' skillsets at this point in time. Plus, from a lore standpoint:

- Snake isn't in a world that allows him to easily replenish his supply of explosives. (The same applies to Link.) He might be able to make some of his own using supplies from around Ivalice - particularly Goug - but it wouldn't be enough to toss 'em around willy-nilly. Besides, he's spending his time making cigarettes instead.

- This Link is the OoT Link (or at least based on him; the whole deal with many versions of Link is that it can be a little ambiguous), and he only had a Blade Beam ability during Majora's Mask while wearing the Fierce Deity Mask... which he doesn't have here.

DaHammerCrush

Sure, good points, and while I appreciate the answers about the duel range and H2H I'd like to debate the others about Link's sword ability and the availability of supplies for Snake to make things go boom, however, I know that I am simply a fanboy and don't want to be a bother to those who both know more about the game mechanics than I nor do i generally what to argue on the internet... Thanks again for the work.

Crush

Jumza

No worries, everyone on the team appreciates people showing interest :) sometimes suggestions people give are taken too! A lot of things probably won't be changed though, Elric has a lot of great stuff that's set in stone now and I'm sure you'll love it even if Snake doesn't have claymore's :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Quote from: DaHammerCrush on August 23, 2015, 09:39:46 pm
I'd like to debate the others about Link's sword ability and the availability of supplies for Snake to make things go boom, however, I know that I am simply a fanboy and don't want to be a bother to those who both know more about the game mechanics than I nor do i generally what to argue on the internet... Thanks again for the work.

Link's sword beam would be derpy if he could use it with less than full life, and there isn't a way to allow an ability to be used based on the life you have.

Snake can't have claymores because you can't lay traps in FFT.

I still appreciate the post though.

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

haywire13579

There is nothing about JOT5 that I did not love. Exept when chapter 1 was over. Awaiting the re-release and chapter 2 with ever growing anticipation.

3lric

Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed it so much. We are working hard everyday to make sure that the re-release is twice as awesome as the initial release.

Nyzer

Quote from: Elric on August 26, 2015, 10:24:37 am
Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed it so much. We are working hard everyday to make sure that the re-release is twice as awesome as the initial release.

Oh, yes. You guys are gonna love some of the stuff that comes in with the rerelease. These guys just finished work on one of the new Marks, and you have to see it to believe it  :shock:

KingUrameshi

You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

3lric

I have it on my SNES. However I don't remember enough about it to really do so. Truth be told, the entire idea behind marks came from Arc the Lad 2 :P.

Twinees

Quote from: haywire13579 on August 26, 2015, 09:12:09 am
There is nothing about JOT5 that I did not love. Exept when chapter 1 was over. Awaiting the re-release and chapter 2 with ever growing anticipation.

And I'd just like to quickly say that all the people working on JoT5, myself included, really love to see these type of comments because this is what keeps us going! And... it allows us to continuously smile (like Elric's portrait)!

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Elric on August 26, 2015, 11:55:12 am
I have it on my SNES. However I don't remember enough about it to really do so. Truth be told, the entire idea behind marks came from Arc the Lad 2 :P.

Ogre Battle had some unique job classes like Terror Knight and Lich. Would be cool to see some stuff like that. Do what you guys feel is right, really looking forward to all the work you guys are doing as this is probably the most anticipated game for me along side some indie stuff like Americana Dawn and Chasm. You guys are the best, always courteous and hard working.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.