• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:44:00 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Sprite] IA Weapon Sprites

Started by R999, July 02, 2010, 05:54:23 am

R999

Magic Spears / Lances (maybe used by Anastasia)

New Swords

Weapon Palettes

Still a WIP... First one is inspired by Freya's weapon in her illustration.

Smash

Welcome to my armory. Have a look at my wares

Word from our finest bladesmiths is, they would like to aid your cause.

Kagebunji

I like all of them. And I am happy to see Freya's spear in FFT!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

R999

The thing I hate about WEP1 sprites is the lack of the ability to test on various palettes...  but I suppose palette testing can be applied manually.

I like those spears Smash. I wanted to have something more intimidating looking, like Knight Swords for spears.

Currently both the Bow/Arrow and Cloth weapon isn't used. Would like to try a "Soul Bow" (I forgotten the name LD gave me) weapon for Sorcerers, but it may not work well due to the multi palette deal.

R999

This might be useful, I have outlined the boundaries for all Sword, KnightSword, NinjaBlade, Katana, Staff and Rod weapons.

Each weapon takes up exactly 15 vertical pixels and 23 horizontal pixels, in both diagonal and straight forms. Note that Square has already created the largest possible KnightSword (and one that is as wide as it can get, due to the isometric boundary for the diagonal form, all swords must end with a triangular tip).

Attached BMP has Photoshop gridlines inplace already, so you can get rid of those yellow lines and still see the boundaries.

Zozma

if only there was a way to change those stupid carpets into the same swinging type format as swords/rods axes etc... what a waste

as well as that boomerang thing
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Smash

Let me at em. I already have lots of experience dealing with small sprites.

Just post the concepts, and I'll get them done. These things take only minutes, and I will post several samples for people to choose.

R999

Haha yes you are right that they'll only take several minutes to do. I sometimes work on these anyway for fun, inbetween doing human sprites especially.

Having that said, I think the most challenging part about these weapons is to get them to use the correct palette in-battle (FFT Patcher only lets you change the graphic of the Formation screen). If we can't change the item graphic in-game, we'll need to map out which Item Slot uses which palette, which as you can imagine is a very tedious task.

Edit:

How about this?

Lance of Longbigunne

Alternatively known as the Longinus.
Many adventurers have lost their lives pursuing this spear, said to be capable of piercing solid stone. Legend holds it once slew a demon that had seized control of the mortal realm.

In the Advance version of the game, the Longinus appears as Edgar's strongest weapon, providing 235 Attack, +7 Strength, and +3 Speed and Stamina, though it does not grant Jump bonuses. It can be won from the Storm Dragon at the Dragons' Den, or through the Dragon's Neck Coliseum by betting the Gungnir.

Excalibur / Excalipoor