• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:43:03 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

Shintroy

Status Mime vs Physical Status/Disruption team.

R1 - Too many Houkoutons for my team to handle. Definitely got out RNG'd here with sleep. Not as bad as it could've been though. The main problem was my chemist going forward a bit too far to get targeted and the time mage not using Esuna. Very similar teams in terms of strategy.

R2 - Great opening with double sleep. I had momentum from then on due to the monk not going down.

R3 - Scary round here. The monk went down early and then the Mime goes solo against three of Dol's units. Thank the RNG and Mime gods for the mime winning the 1v3 and the Monk getting up sooner than later. I love the set play by the AI at the end. I just hope they crystallize more units in later games.

GG.

High Speed Air Absorb vs OHKO
Barren definitely has the speed advantage due to having haste and two 12 speed units. If Barren's able to get those Tornadoes off I don't think Holy will be able to come back due to the status piling on.

R1 - Great display of how to deal with a high speed team. Haven't seen sinkhole used this effectively in a long time. Scary stuff.

R2 - The mediator doesn't have refute? RIP Ninja and Scholar.

GG. Using sinkhole to waste turns while the scholar and samurai OHKOs other units. Talk about turn advantage.

I'm surprised there aren't that many Haste 2, Slow 2 teams.

Some day my people will be free.

Kurosabes

From what I've observed, Maiden's Kiss is the only viable way to remove the Sleep status. AI doesn't tend to use Esuna to remove Sleep, I'm guessing because of its CT (even with Short Charge). Refute doesn't work because Sleep = Talk Skill immunity. Unfortunately your Item user was the one put to Sleep here.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

reinoe

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on June 15, 2015, 04:18:54 pm
From what I've observed, Maiden's Kiss is the only viable way to remove the Sleep status. AI doesn't tend to use Esuna to remove Sleep, I'm guessing because of its CT (even with Short Charge). Refute doesn't work because Sleep = Talk Skill immunity. Unfortunately your Item user was the one put to Sleep here.

The computer is also a fan of using "jump" to wake up sleeping allies.
My dreams can come true!

Zotis

A bit drawn out.  Shintroy, your team's greatest weakness I think is it's inability to close the match.

The most intense match so far.  I'm a little surprised that CT5Holy took it so decisively.  I'm sure you'll plow through the underworld Barren.

Shintroy

The first thing I learned about arena is actually the AI's love for using jump to wake up sleeping units. It's funny because sometimes it's better to be dead than asleep.

I definitely remember forgetting refute not working on sleeping units. Pretty sure I forgot this several times already.

Similar team, but yours is way more scarier. Monk shouldn't be allowed to be immune to sleep. Dirtiest unit in the tournament. I am in so much trouble. Either way may the better mime win.

reinoe

Quote from: Shintroy on June 15, 2015, 08:00:18 pm

Similar team, but yours is way more scarier. Monk shouldn't be allowed to be immune to sleep. Dirtiest unit in the tournament. I am in so much trouble. Either way may the better mime win.

Nah you've got nothing to fear.  My computer went down before I had a chance to make som much needed corrections to my team.  If you look carefully you'll see that my Squire is severely unrefined and my monk didn't get her gender updated and is the only unit that can restore HP.  My mime is also unrefined too with wrong armor and accessory. Basically my team is three unfinished units.  my Ninja is going to have to carry my whole team.

But if I win I'll say it was all part of my master plan.
My dreams can come true!

Shintroy

Quote from: reinoe on June 15, 2015, 08:23:52 pm
Nah you've got nothing to fear.  My computer went down before I had a chance to make som much needed corrections to my team.  If you look carefully you'll see that my Squire is severely unrefined and my monk didn't get her gender updated and is the only unit that can restore HP.  My mime is also unrefined too with wrong armor and accessory. Basically my team is three unfinished units.  my Ninja is going to have to carry my whole team.

But if I win I'll say it was all part of my master plan.

It gets worse? It already looks like a bad match up for me. Non RNG based teams are so scary. Chances I'll avoid arm aim? Zero. Chances I won't get procced for sleep or don't act? Zero. Either way we're going to have three different mime teams in round two and at least one in round three.

Ya man. I based the team off of my team "MyMe" which is based off of S3's meta. I tried the team with a blaze gun chemist, but it didn't work out too well. The 4 range makes the chemist put himself in harms way, and at the same time, waste turns healing the Monk.

I think reinoe and Rouroni's damage potential with mime in this tournament can make up my team's lack of damage.

Zotis

You just don't have enough damage output.  Stop, Sleep, don't act, and slow are all good, but then you need to do something to them while they're disabled, not just keep throwing on more status.  I like to think of it how I used to build decks for Magic the Gathering before the metagame got ruined by newer editions.  You have to think of a win condition.  As it is, your team stalls with status, and your Monk gradually picks people off, but even he has a tendency to get distracted.  You also have to keep in mind that the AI prioritises healing, so if your main damage dealer is also acting support with Chakra/Stigma Magic/Revive, then he will not always prioritise damage.  I think you'll get into trouble when you face teams that have high damage output and/or resilience.

Shintroy

Summon/Ice Absorb Mime vs Balanced Mime
Money's on Malroth. I don't know about the equip weapon on mime or if WKW's mime will be able to mimic much.

R1 - Malroth definitely had the advantage on the map based off teams. Somehow the dancer was able to near solo the entire team with gastrophetes and houkouton. Not looking good for Malroth if the team couldn't pile on damage on that map.

R2 - Great opener and followup by Malroth. WKW's Mime got interupted when the geomancer chose to axe attack. Ended up using charge +20.

R3 - Another great opener by Malroth with the mimic Slow 2 on an already slow team. Too much damage for WKW to fight back. There wasn't much the mime could do on WKW's team.

GG. I like the idea of using Lich with Mime since it deals a set amount of damage. Maybe I'm just too spoiled with Quake, Bahamut, and Zodiac spam to appreciate it. Good luck up against CT5Holy. Looking foward to seeing some faith shananigans.

Yeah the team definitely doesn't have high damage output, but it makes up for it in stalling and crystallizing downed units.

The monk helping out with status and chakra is intended. I just want to have complete control over the other team and slowly, but surely take out units one by one.

I have no worries against most team types. Only air absorb and heavy AOE teams scare me.
I had a 13% chance of winning a set against barren. Even less if you don't count the last round which it rarely went to.

Three videos in one day? Can't wait for that doom train. silentkaster's going to pull a DomieV I can just taste it.
I hope Barren and silentkaster aren't on the same side of the losers bracket. The only way to avoid them is not to lose. So scary.

These seeded unseen horrors worry me.
----------
I do sometimes wish I went with a less RNG based team. My current MA boosting team would've done much better, but would've lost to a earth or lightning absorb team.

CT5Holy

Wow, got super lucky no Arm Aim in R2 / managed to minimize status nastiness in general. My big fear was the speedy units getting a 2nd turn before Holy / Petrify could go off...

Anyways, gg! You'll go far in loser's bracket, I'm sure.

Up against Malroth, eh? Hmm. I feel like it'll be a race between his Liches (and possibly Rime Bolt) vs Petrify/Holy - we're each super vulnerable to the other's strategy...
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Kurosabes

My Dancer just got incredibly lucky in R1, bypassing all these talks from the Mime. I'm not sure why the Time Mages weren't paying attention to her either when she is clearly the biggest threat. Because hitting 2 units is better than one, I guess? As for the other two rounds, Malroth has emphasized the difference of speed teams can have. I really don't think Mime managing his her Raise in R2 would have made a difference. I guess my Geo needs some faster summon to avoid derpy situations like attacking with her axe. GG Malroth

I had a lot to say and had it all typed up, but I feel it wouldn't be a wise thing to post this. Instead, I'll just say to myself... Blame yourself or God.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Malroth

Quake and Bahamut Spam are a much better option on High MA units but if you're running summon magic on a unit with less than 10 MA for some insane reason (15 effective speed units for example) Lich is a more reliable damage choice.

To Ct5 Holy
Yes My team is vunerable to your stratagey, its vunerable to Every stratagey, It's not a sane, rational team with contingiencies sustainability  or defenses.

Corosar

Oh god my match is next... i am not gonna be able to sleep well tonight .... too nervous of this match coming up... i feel like i am gonna lose so badly...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

skiploom188

I feel the same way too. But me I can sleep just fine but my eating is affected! I can't eat well because of excitement and fear at the same time it's mixing up my stomach acids WAHHHHH.

Corosar, let's make this match the one we won't forget :)
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Elmdork

so many matches to comment on...why I so laaaazy  :cry:

Great video quality and choice of audio as usual, TL!

I'm a fan of these two designers. I noticed both them and I took a similar approach to building a tourney team. Wkw went with his tried, tested and true, knowing many teams would lack that kind of refinement. Malroth on the other hand made a completely irrational team, which is brilliant because most people are sane, rational people and will obviously counter build what is sane and rational. Ain't nobody prepared for dat shit. Malroth and I seem to approach situations similarly, but our executions are always like polar opposite. I'd like to see a match between our teams when all is said and done, but by the looks of things the winners bracket is filling up with mimes, so I may get my wish sooner than expected..

..if counter magic doesn't toast my ass.

Daaaaaamn. I honestly thought barren was all over that round one, but sinkholes happened followed by lots of not getting quaked, and suddenly holies go off everywhere and game over. Nice to see some straight up oracles using some straight up petrify. Even better to see it CLUTCHING TOURNEY GAMES! I love it, but seriously what the hell XD

Woo mimes on top!

They called me retarded for bringing a magic atk up mime to a tourney. Know what I told em?

Retarded like a fox.

The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Mudvayne

Does anyone have any music suggestions for me?
I have no music on my computer at all and I feel like I should include some backround music over my shitty commentary. Everyone else seems to have music in their tourney videos so I don't wanna be the only one without music and forcing you to listen to my bad commentary or mute it and listen to your own music.

Also, looking back over my team I see so many errors that I forgot to fix. I'd make changes to 3 out of the 4 units on my team. Items, R/S/M, and abilities. Makes me super nervous.
I don't expect to make it very far with the way the team looks currently. I have an updated version of the team on a text file at home but I guess I forgot to send it into Barren before the deadline  :oops:

Anima Zero

Heh, that was a bit of a slaughter.  Couldn't really get anything done when I was busy removing status effects while the enemy Wizard basically picked off targets one by one with Flare most of the time.  Perhaps I'll fare better when the loser's bracket comes around. GG Zotis!

As for me...my tickets for the Doomtrain are ready to go.  Gonna make myself comfy there.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4