• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:17:19 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

DeadManWalking

Okay this is getting annoying now >_>

[attachment=0:28sd96kj]Adventurer Preview.png[/attachment:28sd96kj]

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

DeadManWalking

I'm going to run a few tests, and if it works I'll move on to the next pair of starter classes, the Black/White Mages.  I'm tempted to try to make them look very similar (Basically altered versions of each other)

mav

For the portrait, the shading on the hat could use some work--right now it has a cutout look to it.

DeadManWalking

Well, I think I've worked out the kinks in Adventurer, so here's the start of my next project--the Black Mage, or Apprentice, either/or.  Supposed to look like a Wizard in training :P  What do you mean?  It's got outlining issues, or?

jimmyjw88

Those darker areas of the hat could use some dark shades.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

I see what you mean. Not supposed to look cool! Good idea; but I'd like to see a replacement of the time mages. They kill me with their looks- just bad.
  • Modding version: PSX

DeadManWalking

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"Those darker areas of the hat could use some dark shades.

What do you mean?  Make the colors themselves darker or color in some places with a new darker shade?

jimmyjw88

I'm talking about the portrait, by the way. Sorry if you misunderstood. Those edge like where the hat bend, places where least source of light exposed, should put some dark shades. If you have dark shades, then use them. If don't, then add new colour, if you have remainings left.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

DeadManWalking

Oh, the adventurer portrait.  I can't make any new shades, unfortunately, and if I use the really dark shades, it'd look like outlining.

Lijj

I see what Jimmyjw means; a super easy edit: just lighten the darkest shade a tiny amount and feather out the brim. Used 2nd darkest skin color for that.

Cheetah

Is it just me or should the hat be a little bigger for the portrait. Though I have to say that the shading adjustments make it look much better.

I'm not sure about the male black mage concept, I feel like it looks like a little kid.
Current Projects:

DeadManWalking

Quote from: "Lijj"I see what Jimmyjw means; a super easy edit: just lighten the darkest shade a tiny amount and feather out the brim. Used 2nd darkest skin color for that.

Wait, what?

And, Cheetah, the apprentice is supposed to be what the squire would look like as a black mage, pretty much, young, inexperienced, just starting to learn the beginner level of Black Magic.

mav

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"Edit: And I did not see Mav's post until now :P What do you mean? It's got outlining issues, or?
It's pretty much pillow-shaded.

The new sprite is a little uninspired. Consider adding some design to his clothing to make him look even less like the standard Black Mage.

DeadManWalking

Like what?

I mean, it's not supposed to look fancy.  It's just supposed to look very, very basic.

Kagebunji

Mav means some details to make him look less "boring". Add some symbols(like White Mage) or some other details, be creative.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DeadManWalking

May 05, 2010, 03:35:03 pm #216 Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:29:01 pm by DeadManWalking
Eh, I added a little trim.  Also made a female prototype, here they are.

[Images Removed]

DeadManWalking

I need some feedback on these before I go to edit the whole sprite sheet =P

Lijj

DeadManWalking

May 05, 2010, 11:19:10 pm #219 Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:26:29 pm by DeadManWalking
I've got a boatload of other sprites I need to make for my patch, too >_>

Such as...

Heavy Fighter
Female Guard
Male/Female Berserker

Light Fighter
Female Adventurer
Male/Female Scout

Support Magic
Male/Female Healer (White Apprentice)
Male/Female Cleric

Offensive Magic