• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:02:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

4Strings

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on August 22, 2017, 08:13:52 pm
i gave Luso a different Job number, in the first mission you do, you have Luso assigned the Soldier Job at default cause his recruited job hex number is 00 and it's story based so you have to change his recruit hex, which i saw under the recruit section of Lennart's spreadsheet.

Once i did that, i was then able to give Luso access to all of the Hume's jobs abilities by raising his Custom Job's ability lists Hexes from the Soldier's First Aid ability to the Seer's Magick Frenzy ability to which he could set a second ability set.

So basically you forced Luso's starting job to be custom, but the minute you changed his job it was no longer accessible?
Did setting the ability Hexes to First Aid through Magick Frenzy mean that the custom job had all the A-abilities?

Also, would it be possible to try to replicate the switchable special jobs like Sky Pirate or Heritor's HEX data in order to achieve a custom class?

Sorry for all the questions. Just throwing ideas around...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeke_Aileron

August 22, 2017, 11:54:25 pm #21 Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:56:28 am by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: 4Strings on August 22, 2017, 11:31:01 pm
So basically you forced Luso's starting job to be custom, but the minute you changed his job it was no longer accessible?
Did setting the ability Hexes to First Aid through Magick Frenzy mean that the custom job had all the A-abilities?

Also, would it be possible to try to replicate the switchable special jobs like Sky Pirate or Heritor's HEX data in order to achieve a custom class?

Sorry for all the questions. Just throwing ideas around...

Yes to forcing him with a custom job, yes the job was removed from his list upon changing to a normal Hume job, He technically does have all the Hume A-Abilities. (He still had to learn them all from weapons first depending if they were assigned said A-Ability for the Custom Job.)
I did try doing it with the Heritor and Sky Pirate before as well, and got the same end result as i did with the custom job for Luso.

I don't mind the questions, it helps me with trying out new stuff, and putting out what i learned from doing those experiments.

Updated the OP with new stuff regarding further experiments.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

4Strings

Just read the updated OP.
Looks like you managed to get a custom job working after all! How'd you manage it?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: 4Strings on August 23, 2017, 01:48:50 pm
Just read the updated OP.
Looks like you managed to get a custom job working after all! How'd you manage it?

I edited one of the default Hume Jobs, and moved all the prerequisites for that job to a locked job that can't be accessed because the required abilities needed to master is the ability set itself which is within that Job. (LOL)
So basically i made the Blue Mage job unique to Luso by giving him one Action Ability from the locked away ability set to give him full access to the Job, no other Hume or special job Hume can learn Blue Mage or Illusionist by normal game play means whatsoever.

This way i can make that Custom Job for Luso as i please, and i felt Illusionist was kind of boring for the Humes and solely left it exclusive to the Nu Mou's since they have a more Spell varied job set. (If i wanted to, i could make a custom job for Cid as well.)
I am currently in the process of transferring everything from the test build onto my Mod slowly since i have to change battle formations that have Blue Mages and Hume Illusionists, and edit ability animations and text descriptions.

4Strings

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on August 23, 2017, 02:15:44 pm
I edited one of the default Hume Jobs, and moved all the prerequisites for that job to a locked job that can't be accessed because the required abilities needed to master is the ability set itself which is within that Job. (LOL)
So basically i made the Blue Mage job unique to Luso by giving him one Action Ability from the locked away ability set to give him full access to the Job, no other Hume or special job Hume can learn Blue Mage or Illusionist by normal game play means whatsoever.

This way i can make that Custom Job for Luso as i please, and i felt Illusionist was kind of boring for the Humes and solely left it exclusive to the Nu Mou's since they have a more Spell varied job set. (If i wanted to, i could make a custom job for Cid as well.)
I am currently in the process of transferring everything from the test build onto my Mod slowly since i have to change battle formations that have Blue Mages and Hume Illusionists, and edit ability animations and text descriptions.

Cool! Looking forward to trying it out!
Also, I had an idea for a replacement for Blade Bash for the Duelist/Parivir): How about "Earthfall Blade", double earth damage (like Lifethread/Shimmering/etc.) + immobilize (maybe also + disable)? Could use the Earth Veil animation.

Oh, and I think there's a typo for the Duelist where Skyfury Blade is labeled as Skyfrost. Wasn't sure if it's on purpose or not.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: 4Strings on August 23, 2017, 02:53:25 pm
Cool! Looking forward to trying it out!
Also, I had an idea for a replacement for Blade Bash for the Duelist/Parivir): How about "Earthfall Blade", double earth damage (like Lifethread/Shimmering/etc.) + immobilize (maybe also + disable)? Could use the Earth Veil animation.

Oh, and I think there's a typo for the Duelist where Skyfury Blade is labeled as Skyfrost. Wasn't sure if it's on purpose or not.

Haha yeah i saw the typo, fixed it, thank you.(I love Ice related abilities lol, but yeah it's still Skyfury in the mod since Hoarfrost Blade is awesome already.) :)

Yeah for Blade Bash i already have it set as Rock Blade in the current version i'm using (Can only edit the set Hex you're allowed to), and the Duelist's abilities don't do x2 damage like Vanilla FFTA2, they all do x1 dmg on first hit and then x0.5 dmg on second hit, but each hit has a accuracy modifier as well, it still has Disable as it's debuff along with it.

The damage modifier is to balance out it's output since Parivir(Duelist) skills were OP in vanilla FFTA2, and i want to make every job's abilities viable to use.

4Strings

Makes total sense! Bummer about the naming though... Earthfall has such a nice ring to it...  :(

Zeke_Aileron

August 23, 2017, 03:16:38 pm #27 Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:07:00 pm by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: 4Strings on August 23, 2017, 03:04:56 pm
Makes total sense! Bummer about the naming though... Earthfall has such a nice ring to it...  :(

It sounds really good, if it was possible to implement new Hexes, well i'm still trying new stuff in the editing so anything can happen. :lol:
(Actually it's possible to try to name it to something like that, you can do placebo Hexes to make an ability name read as a different ability name but still does exactly what the original ability does, Which is something i'm currently doing to the changes of the Hume Black Mage's Ability set.)

Update: I did make the Hume Black Mage's abilities clone the original Black Magick ability set with slight alterations to keep only to the Humes', i also have the Agent's ability set names and descriptions completely unused, i can probably use their text slots for other abilities to make clearer descriptions if the original description of the stock ability is short.

4Strings

Great! Looking forward to the next update!

Have you considered altering Luso's custom job to something a bit more like his Game Hunter job in FFT WotL? http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Hunter

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: 4Strings on August 24, 2017, 06:55:55 pm
Great! Looking forward to the next update!

Have you considered altering Luso's custom job to something a bit more like his Game Hunter job in FFT WotL? http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Hunter

The Update isn't that far off actually, it's just me adding Luso's Custom job, removing a few more passives and reaction abilities, and adding changes to some jobs that i'll update within the OP if i feel they had a huge makeover.

Still trying to find a way to remove those cheesy clan privileges though, so players won't abuse them...   :|

I thought about at it at one point, but his job from FFT:WotL didn't really seem unique since it was pretty much the same as Ramza's Squire Job, and yes i loved FFT:WotL.

Bonesy

when your progress working on this is further along and "stable" (not as many updates) I'll let you know if it works on hardware (specifically the R4i Gold 3ds)
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Zeke_Aileron

August 26, 2017, 06:40:54 am #31 Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:36:14 am by Zeke_Aileron
Quote from: Bonesy on August 26, 2017, 01:14:40 am
when your progress working on this is further along and "stable" (not as many updates) I'll let you know if it works on hardware (specifically the R4i Gold 3ds)

Ah interesting, well i think the mod would be complete once the specific clan privileges are removed entirely if possible, and i also updated the OP file attachment with the current version's changes.

Eternal

Zeke, have you figured out enemy formations/set equipment/skills yet? That's the next thing I'm looking to do for GG and I wanted your insight on that.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Eternal on August 27, 2017, 06:41:00 pm
Zeke, have you figured out enemy formations/set equipment/skills yet? That's the next thing I'm looking to do for GG and I wanted your insight on that.

Yes, i haven't changed much for them besides fixing some formations regarding Blue Mages, Hume Black Mages, Hume Illusionists, and the names for the 2 Kings that's misspelled from Vanilla FFTA2.

You can change the enemies in the battles by changing their jobs if you wanted to mix monsters along with enemy clan members, but sadly you cannot add more enemies since each battle has a permanent set of enemy slots/units, and you can make the party limits to max of 8 (But it tends to break the game from what i tried to do, so i don't know).

I'm not sure about this being insightful, i can probably do a better example of it with more information of what you want specifically.

Eternal

I really have no desire to -add- enemies, since I figured much like FFT it'd just break things. I'm more interested in altering existing formations and the set gear/abilities the enemies have, since many of them are lacking in equipment and abilities.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Eternal on August 27, 2017, 08:01:04 pm
I really have no desire to -add- enemies, since I figured much like FFT it'd just break things. I'm more interested in altering existing formations and the set gear/abilities the enemies have, since many of them are lacking in equipment and abilities.

Ah ok, yeah you can change the enemies jobs, names, equipment, main job abilities which is maxed at 6 (But you can give them a weapon that can give them a 7th ability for free), secondary job abilities(which is maxed at 4 abilities), a single reaction ability, a single passive ability, all 5 of their equipment slots(you can even give them items they normally wouldn't have for their job to have on), their levels, and their faction being an Enemy or Guest unit.

Eternal

Have you done any of that yet? I'm curious to see how you were able to, since there really isn't a solid editor for that specific type of change just yet.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Eternal on August 27, 2017, 09:53:21 pm
Have you done any of that yet? I'm curious to see how you were able to, since there really isn't a solid editor for that specific type of change just yet.

Yeah i did by using the Hex editor you gave me by looking at the spreadsheet and following what it says for what within the offset, which i did some changes for some fights that included Hume Black Mages, Hume Illusionists, Beastmasters, and Blue Mages; Although the A.I's don't use items at all unless it's one of your clan members with confusion or charm afflicted on them.

dreamtrain

I've been having fun with this mod, still fairly early in the game after Cid is incapacitated, my observations so far:

* Cannon Mages are somewhat useless/unfun early, since the cannon mage's early game options to do damage are Bomb! (Which is outclassed by Black Mage's Fire), and Prime not doing much of a difference and Nu Mou's normally having low atk damage (since you start with a Mage one) the class feels a bit wasted early.
* Its nice to get a Gria early, I remember years ago when I last played FFTA2 by the time I had access to a Gria my fighting party would be so built-up in skills that I had no use for one and would just relegate it to dispatch, and the Hunting skill was very useful early but eventually the class stalls because it cannot change jobs.
* I missed not having a Bangaa for a while, would've preferred for the Hume soldier to be a Bangaa, we already have Luso as the Hume of the party.
* Seeing that Black Mage Humes are gone am def gonna miss the Paravir Geomancy. At first sight there doesn't seems to be much of incentive to have a Hume that isn't a Tactician or Heritor/Seer dual wielder. With Geomancy gone for Luso it'll be interesting to see what setup to use to make the most of the Tactician's skills (I type this but I'm still gonna have a Paravir for nostalgia sake).
* With cool sounding names like Skyfury Blade, Hoarfrost Blade, etc, Wet Blow feels a bit underwhelming, here's some ideas from water-type abilities through-out other FF games:
   - Cloudsea Blade from FFT Samurai's Ame-No-Murakumo skill "Cloudsea Curse"
   - Maelstrom Blade, from FFT Sky Mantra water element ability
   - Tidal Wave, the name of Leviathan's summon attack
   - Aqualung Blade, enemy skill from FF7
   - Aquastrike Blade, from FF XIII Ravager water attack

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: dreamtrain on October 02, 2017, 03:57:21 am
I've been having fun with this mod, still fairly early in the game after Cid is incapacitated, my observations so far:

* Cannon Mages are somewhat useless/unfun early, since the cannon mage's early game options to do damage are Bomb! (Which is outclassed by Black Mage's Fire), and Prime not doing much of a difference and Nu Mou's normally having low atk damage (since you start with a Mage one) the class feels a bit wasted early.
* Its nice to get a Gria early, I remember years ago when I last played FFTA2 by the time I had access to a Gria my fighting party would be so built-up in skills that I had no use for one and would just relegate it to dispatch, and the Hunting skill was very useful early but eventually the class stalls because it cannot change jobs.
* I missed not having a Bangaa for a while, would've preferred for the Hume soldier to be a Bangaa, we already have Luso as the Hume of the party.
* Seeing that Black Mage Humes are gone am def gonna miss the Paravir Geomancy. At first sight there doesn't seems to be much of incentive to have a Hume that isn't a Tactician or Heritor/Seer dual wielder. With Geomancy gone for Luso it'll be interesting to see what setup to use to make the most of the Tactician's skills (I type this but I'm still gonna have a Paravir for nostalgia sake).
* With cool sounding names like Skyfury Blade, Hoarfrost Blade, etc, Wet Blow feels a bit underwhelming, here's some ideas from water-type abilities through-out other FF games:
   - Cloudsea Blade from FFT Samurai's Ame-No-Murakumo skill "Cloudsea Curse"
   - Maelstrom Blade, from FFT Sky Mantra water element ability
   - Tidal Wave, the name of Leviathan's summon attack
   - Aqualung Blade, enemy skill from FF7
   - Aquastrike Blade, from FF XIII Ravager water attack

• Yeah, i'm still in the works of fixing the Cannon Mage to what i want it to be, it's weak early because of equipment options is being low and reliant to using accessories for their skills which is the only class to do so in this, also Bomb! does fixed damage but most of their other abilities don't do fixed damage and are based on their magick stat and not physical stat.

• At one point i tried to make it where you can unlock the Gria's jobs earlier than before to make the one Gria you start with more viable than just a Loot farming unit that get's useless once you get enough equipment unlocked early-mid game,
    i'm still trying to see if it's possible to do so, but for the time being i'm working on the other stuff before this one.

• I removed the Bangaa from the starting units because Bangaa's in this mod are somewhat overpowered in terms of Attack and Physical defense but are weak to magick, and you still get Cid later in the game as your Bangaa, but after playing it for a while i can see why a Bangaa would be wanted early on again, i'll think about considering re-adding the Bangaa Warrior unit in the starting units.

• i don't think i removed Geomancy from the Hume jobs since i didn't see it game breaking, but i did move it to a different job class to learn it in the current build i'm still working on, however i did remove a lot of passives and reactions that were overpowered, and you can't learn Dual wield at all from any hume jobs anymore, the only units that can learn "Dual Wield"
    in the current build(that i haven't released yet) is Luso(has it by default, he has a sword and a book in the beginning), Adelle's Heritor job, Vaan Sky Pirate's job, Frimelda by default(re-adding it back to her), The Tactician is pretty interesting when you get more of their abilities, and Pavivir's abilities were nerfed quite a bit in this.

• Well for Wet Blow, i'm unable to add extra hexes for it to give it a longer name so it's just that currently, but it's a nice ability to use when you get it, if i was able to, it would've been something along the Aqua line of attack names.

Thanks for the information, but yeah i didn't use the Cannon Mage job when i unlocked it early till later in the mod when i got their magick cannon shot abilities and didn't worry about it so i didn't notice that they it was useless till then, so i'm glad that was brought up so i can fix that, and to be honest if there was a way to just add a new job for Luso's jobs list without needing to switch stuff around i'd probably would've kept Hume Black Mage and Illusionists the same as vanilla as well, i'll look into the "Wet Blow" name thing through the editing again to see if i can make sound better, as well adding removed passives/reactions to special characters that i haven't done so yet. :)