• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT Patcher (.497)

Started by formerdeathcorps, May 14, 2011, 03:57:55 am

formerdeathcorps

Choto, that's because I overrode Razele's original.  Your version is better.  As a result, Choco.html does not need to exist since its data was incorporated into a larger file.  As for the bug, I incorporated the fixed version on Razele's (as well as another little tidbit), but it's probably not fixed in Choto.html since Glain probably just added my files of the .480 build to the files of his .479 build.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Glain

There was a Choto.xml in your archive (FFTPatcher480.rar), fdc. D:

I'm trying to keep the hacks in the correct xml file with the actual author. I figure if someone has a problem/suggestion regarding one, they can find the XML file it's in and contact the person.

...Well, that won't work with some people because they aren't around anymore, but I figure it at least makes sense. That's one of the reasons I wanted to separate out the edits you made to my hacks into an XML file, because it had changed them enough that I didn't understand what they were doing anymore and I couldn't answer for them (and I want to be able to for everything in my XML file). I could be nuts... it just seemed reasonable to me.

So my vote would be to move the fixed version to Choto.xml and take it out of Razele.xml.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Glain on April 03, 2012, 06:22:59 pm
There was a Choto.xml in your archive (FFTPatcher480.rar), fdc. D:

Oops.  Sorry for blaming you there.

Quote from: Glain on April 03, 2012, 06:22:59 pm
I'm trying to keep the hacks in the correct xml file with the actual author. I figure if someone has a problem/suggestion regarding one, they can find the XML file it's in and contact the person.

...Well, that won't work with some people because they aren't around anymore, but I figure it at least makes sense. That's one of the reasons I wanted to separate out the edits you made to my hacks into an XML file, because it had changed them enough that I didn't understand what they were doing anymore and I couldn't answer for them (and I want to be able to for everything in my XML file). I could be nuts... it just seemed reasonable to me.

So my vote would be to move the fixed version to Choto.xml and take it out of Razele.xml.

Problem is, if we did that, Razele.xml would literally have nothing left because this contrasts with how I edited the hacks.  If you look closely at any of the 457 FFTP files, you'll see hacks by FFM, me, or Pride mixed in with edited versions of code made by Xif, nates, or Razele.  These edits were done to increase the number editable bug-free features so I had to merge similar hacks.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Glain

Hmm... I see. No problem. That seems to work. Either way is fine.

I think I found another problem with a Razele hack. "Require Sword - Require Weapons" is editing BATTLE.BIN, but it's supposed to be SCUS.

formerdeathcorps

Yeah, that's me being dumb.  Feel free to fix that and re-upload 480.

formerdeathcorps

All right, I think I found my copy of R999's Source Code changes.

Eternal

Glain, could you put the ID -after- the skill/item name? It makes it hard to type things in if you don't know the hex for everything.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Eternal248 on April 05, 2012, 04:16:43 pm
Glain, could you put the ID -after- the skill/item name? It makes it hard to type things in if you don't know the hex for everything.

You would need to widen the listboxes considerably for this, else the hex would be pushed off the page and be useless.

Glain

I think I can alter the listbox itself to change what the type-ahead does. I don't really want to put the hex to the right because it breaks the convention.

I put in the R999 changes to Shishi. From what fdc uploaded, I took the two that seemed the most current/correct (there were three sets of the same two files), and imported them into the project... however, that only got me some of the functionality. I had to do a few things myself to get things to the same point. Not sure why that is but it seems to work now, so future Shishi versions should have those features (Quick reimport with Ctrl+R; frame numbers don't change when changing sprites).

I also did something... interesting with FFTorgASM. I've been importing some of my MHA code into the FFTP project... Now why would I do that? I present... an epic tale of patching ASM!

Here's a hack I'm going to have in my XML file. This is a bit different from a previous hack because it checks item type instead of item number... but what's interesting is the way it looks in the XML:

<Patch name="Require Materia Blade -> Require Item Type X (Default Lance)">
    <Description>
      Require Materia Blade -> Require Item Type X (Default 0x0F = Lance)
      (Weapon type list removed for space)
    </Description>
    <Location file="SCUS_942_21" offset="4CE24" mode="ASM">
      li      t0, 0x0f
      move      v1, a1
      sll     t1, v1, 1
      addu     t1, t1, v1
      sll     t1, t1, 2
      lui     at, 0x8006
      addu     at, at, t1
      lbu     v0, 0x2ebd(at)
      lbu     t3, 0x0184(s1)
      subu      t1, v0, t0
      sltiu     t1, t1, 1
      sll     t1, t1, 2
      or     t3, t3, t1
      j       0x5c668
      sb     t3, 0x0184(s1)
    </Location>
    <Variable name="X" file="SCUS_942_21" offset="4CE24" default="0F" />
  </Patch>

Heh heh. As for the pseudoinstructions here (li and move), so far I'm only allowing them if they map one-to-one to an instruction, but I may put in support for multi-instruction ones. You can also safely assume variables are patched in after the code itself, so you can write code and then just overwrite it with the variable, instead of trying to fool with the <Variable> and <Location> tags so they match up exactly, as I do here.

Pride

* Pride opens spoiler and reacts

Also the inventory section in the patcher does not work, would you be able to fix this?
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Glain

D:

I thought I fixed that a few months ago (the posts are earlier in this thread). Is it back to not working somehow or are you just not using one of our newer versions?

Pride

April 07, 2012, 12:20:02 am #91 Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 01:40:31 am by Pride
I must not be using a newer version... I'll double check later

Edit: It works I must have accidently patched with .457 or something. :x Sorry for the scare
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Kourama

Will most of the FFT Patcher changes you have made work in WotL?

Also Eternal was nice enough to supply me with a copy of his .fftext file for WotL KO because of the restrictions to patching the WotL version. Is there a way to add an option to FFTactext to remove the kanji code for the PSP version?

Glain

April 10, 2012, 11:31:35 am #93 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:37:11 am by Glain
The PSP version doesn't have the expanded QuickEdit for TacText, at least as of yet. Adding it in would basically consist of mindlessly editing an XML file. If anyone's interested I can probably send the file and what you'd need to do.

I believe FFTorgASM hardcodes PSX values (locations of files in the ISO, etc) in a few places. Current ASM hacks don't work for PSP anyway.

Other than that, most changes should also apply to PSP. Pretty much every change to Patcher/Shishi should.

Is there a way to delete all the kanji? Probably... there usually is... but I might have to know each specific section that would have to be blanked.

Kourama

Good to know. I knew about the asm hacks though.

MysticKnightFF5

Could we get some ctrl + v and ctrl + c all up in this shit?

Glain

Er... what specifically should be copy-pasteable that isn't?

MysticKnightFF5

No no no, not adding in copy/pasta, just adding a shortcut to it.

Glain

Well okay, so you're saying there are places where you can copy/paste but you can't use ctrl+c and ctrl+v? Where is that?

MysticKnightFF5

In no areas can I use ctrl + c and ctrl + v.