• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Time Warp

Started by Xifanie, August 04, 2010, 10:24:43 am

Xifanie

August 04, 2010, 10:24:43 am Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:31:35 am by Xifanie
I tried to restore important topics deleted by Voldemort, but I accidentally fucked up the forum's index. That's what you get when messing directly with the database...
Basically I was clueless, so I proceeded to time warp. Sorry, if you posted within the last 10 hours, your posts are gone.

EDIT: Oh by the way, I banned Voldemort. I have yet to take a final decision for his case.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

GeneralStrife

O.O
What did Voldemort do?

Xifanie

He deleted many topics out of rage at 1:30AM and claims he doesn't remember.
The moderation logs proves he did though.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kagebunji

Don't ban him, he was really pissed, and wasn't thinking straight. I know it is hard to decide, but unban him, I would be pretty pissed if I were him too. All up to you
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

philsov

put your hands on your hips~
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Archael2

I made this account to post here to let you guys know why I deleted topics, but let it be clear that I am not asking for an unban. I came on FFH mostly to work on KoI, Zodiac's hack, with Asmo (we were actually doing some really cool stuff, but now that I'm banned I guess alot of the stuff I had planned will never see the light of day)

Last night while on IRC with Asmo on #FFTIA I stumbled upon some crazy marketing topic R999 made on IA about making official leaks of IA, stating that the quality of the mod is such that it should be featured on gaming sites and magazines

Asmo and me called R999 out on it, saying that it was crazy talk, because stuff like that can get FFH into trouble. Not just IA, but the entire site could get a Cease & Decist from Square. In fact, with the grandiose way R999 talks about things, I'm surprised SE hasn't noticed yet - he treats it all like a Blizzard Activision Corporate release of a full game with DRM on it.

R999 edited the topic immediately (Although I should have screen capped it so you would see how crazy it actually was) and I deleted it shortly after. I also (apparently according to the mod log) deleted like 5-6 other topics in the process, all at once, and that is why I'm banned. Though I don't see why that matters if Zodiac just did a lolTime Warp and got them back without much trouble

Ideas like the ones R999 has, mainly riding the success of WOTL for iPhone are dangerous as hell, and I was very frustrated to see that his intentions were to do it on the backs of other people's work. As many of you know, the only thing R999 actually works on is spriting, and depends(depended?) on other people to actually finish IA for him. And then reading that he wanted massive success on gaming mags? C'mon, that'd piss you off too, especially if you are someone who has put in as much effort as me on FFH (the entire thing, not just 1.3) and trying to make it a better place.

I'm glad I deleted the topic(s) and don't regret doing so, IMO R999 is bad news, and if I have to get banned for this message to get across to you, then I'm fine with that.

Asmo X

So basically, you're mad at R999 for removing a topic that he should have removed? Can I ask how LDs story thread was going to get FFH into trouble? How about the event thread? Hero breakdowns? Astathon sprite thread? How are these topics endangering this site?

Archael2

The Astathon sprite thread was endangering people's eyesight

LD's story thread was endangering people's sanity

The event thread I concede

:)

Asmo X

Archael2

^ yeah ok

I spoke to Zodiac, I told him that I'm not coming back

later guys

enjoy 1.3

Asmo X

Kagebunji

See ya, Arch, we will miss you!

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Kagebunji"See ya, Arch, we will miss you!

beawulfx

Ok I know I don't come around here as often but I thought I kept up on most things, but what the heck is FFTIA? I haven't seen anything about it on the forums, is it only being discussed on IRC or what have you? This topic/Arch's banning is unfortunate, but well, I have no idea what the real problem was since I've never even heard of this mod/hack that was causing so much trouble.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

Smash

Lmao

Give R999 a special member title

PX_Timefordeath

August 04, 2010, 03:23:30 pm #15 Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:56:09 pm by PX_Timefordeath
See ya, Arch, we will miss you!

Yeah, it'll definitely be less fun.

Zozma

Quote from: "Voldemort2"^ yeah ok

I spoke to Zodiac, I told him that I'm not coming back

later guys

enjoy 1.3

Goodbye... (said in very monotone voice with a slight hint of a smile)
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

FFMaster

Later Arch. It won't be as fun around anymore.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

scatttman

that explain why my post were deleted

Dome

Quote from: "Zodiac"Oh by the way, I banned Voldemort
Come on, tell me you're just kidding, like you did when you told everybody that the 1.3 section was deleted from the forum...(The whole FFT: Item toke jopic)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"