• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

December 01, 2013, 03:35:04 pm #2600 Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:57:22 am by Barren
Are you still going doku? because when I clicked on your twitch link it said its offline
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

Elmdork

December 01, 2013, 06:09:56 pm #2604 Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 07:21:04 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
That was fast! Great match up, I really don't wanna trade zero's paralyze for raise 2, but in the long run it will probably turn out better. Bothered me when she used paralyze instead of chiri and died needlessly.

About the comments: echo grass is long gone. Instead of covering the weakness with a Dracula mantle, I decided to let em' live with it. If you can berserk my team and still win, you earned it. It's charm I gotta look out for and seriously consider covering, though having my samurai with raise 2 and esuna is a decent option. I will have to think it over as my team has 2 distinct and simple behaviours, and its easy to unbalance their tactic.

Edit: zero now has white magic. Let's see if it can spring them out of sandbag mode.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Elmdork

T..triple feature?! Awesome! Thanks barren! Now, I changed everyone to Capricorn and zero stayed cancer. If this were done, she probably would use protect. I almost like her better with paralyze, but you can't argue with the sandbag comeback. The only thing is the archers rather do damage than cure petrify. That's a problem.

Thanks again, barren I'll watch them a million times.

Zotis

Wow... I can't believe how stupid the AI was with spin fist, looks like I need to ditch it.

Good job though Rouroni, that was that team's first loss.  (not counting the older drafts anyway)

Elmdork

December 04, 2013, 08:12:40 am #2608 Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:12:51 am by Rouroni Elmdor
Thanks, zotis. Gave me a run for my money, and if it hadn't been for my last minute yin yang to white magic switch (which looks jimmy rigged) it would have been yours indefinitely, both rounds. Glad you got to take a look, has to be among my best battles ever.

Oh right, about the spin fist: the AI is actually pretty smart with it, I just messed up its' plan by putting the mime into critical. That bit with the paladin was pure luck though. I've never seen 5 auto potions go off in a row, and if I missed one, the game would be yours.

Spin fist isn't the best choice given the worst case scenario takes a chunk of your team down with it, I think secret fist would be a decent choice, at least for small maps where the mime gets close, and you might get two death sentence for the price of one.

NECRO EDIT: currently working on 2 new teams I expect to release simultaneously. If all goes to plan,you'll see  "dorter city duelists"  - a take on my old grave robber build, and "order of steel serpent" which fortells the first segment in the rouroni zero series, a 3 team package that includes zero in every one, but during a different walk of life. As lame as it sounds, you may enjoy completing "quests" that pit your team through a series of story driven combat. Like the idea? No? Well too bad, I'm doing it anyway.

Otabo

December 07, 2013, 08:01:11 pm #2610 Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:16:30 pm by Otabo
Not a single Solution was used from that female squire.  :cry: Didn't matter in the long run as the ninjitsus were doing enough damage without it; that plus the archer sniping away at them with Hawk's Eye/normal attacks were more than enough to keep them on the defensive. Giving the squire Focus might not be worth it just to improve Solution's %. Then again, it does help the Healing Staff heals when she goes for them. Probably need to change undead units to run Equip Armor though if only because of all the bloody Seal Evil running around nowadays. GG, though.

Elmdork

Woo! Look at all the videos!
I laughed when the priest cast slow in the first battle. That humor soon wore its' welcome. That frame rate is atrocious. Other than that, great series!

reinoe

Thanks for the vids T.L.  It's always great to see uploads.  Hopefully Andante can continue to improve on his teams.

I think the team that really grabbed my attention was the "Quick Step".  That thief needs another 20 MP to take full advantage of Absorb MP.
My dreams can come true!

Andante49

Thanks for all the videos, next time hopefully won't be so embarrassing  :oops:

Go sleep! The mimed liches are really scary, great positioning for the revive chain. GG Barren

One stigma magic should be enough to cover two cursed rings right? *Facepalm* Great to see blood sword. GG CT5Holy

Two don't moves, cool.......conveniently lined up for one esuna with the stone gun, not so cool. Just couldn't stand up to such a strong offense. GG CT5Holy

Even with the speed advantage my chemists couldn't keep up with the pumped chiris and quakenadoes. No trigger for dragon spirit didn't help things either. GG Angelus

Enough speed and mobility to outrun melee + effective sand bagging to recover if caught = my loss. GG Otabo

One I can't lose, awesome! Seeing an elemental absorb team not act like one, always fun.

Barren

reinoe

Quote from: CT5Holy on December 08, 2013, 02:48:06 pm
Dokurider (Bomb Squad) vs LightningHax (Firmly Grasp It)  (must watch!)

Brilliant use of Gold Armor for the undead Paladin.  And while I'm gushing, I don't want anyone to forget that Angelus created a new standard in TWO-HANDS Shieldrender.

Intent the The thief uses Masamune after reviving and then runs away.  Then, in theory anyway, he uses quickening.  Thief will also use quickening if everyone on the team is hasted.  I'm using the same theory for my samurai on Mello Yello.

I have no analysis, CT5, took care of that for me. ;)
My dreams can come true!

Zotis

Lots of matches!

May I request a match against Fenire please.

Reks

Quote from: Zotis on December 12, 2013, 12:18:37 am
Lots of matches!

May I request a match against Fenire please.

He can go against me, too. I'll be polishing SWA soon.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

I can do some matches today. Zotis, which one of Fenire's team would you like to go up against?