• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:10 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Spam is Back!

Started by Eternal248, November 01, 2011, 06:00:00 pm

Eternal

November 01, 2011, 06:00:00 pm Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:11:23 pm by Eternal248
I've decided to remove Spam, since nothing in it is productive, and heavens knows some of the content in it is... questionable. If you have any comments/concerns feel free to post them here or PM me!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

November 01, 2011, 06:07:14 pm #1 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:47:11 pm by Dome
My signature will talk for me
I have nothing more to say to you, Et

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

st4rw4k3r

oh yeah! Best move I have seen made on FFH for the year I have been here!
Good Job!

GeneralStrife

Very funny et, now put spam back.

Eternal

You make the false presumption that I'm kidding.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Thank you guys, you ruined spam
Your non-stop pile of "Dome U SUCK LOLOLOL1" topics ruined spam so much Et decided to remove it without even giving us a warning
You should feel great now, FFH has no place to goof off a bit

dinosaur

You're joking .... right???  Like seriously....

st4rw4k3r

Dome, thats not why.
There has been want of that folder taken out for a while now.
Its the least productive folder, and not to mention the most active.
By taking it away, we will:

• Hopefully Have More Patches

• And The people that only were here for spam, will leave.

Its actually a good thing.

GeneralStrife

But the moderator of spam made his own patch.

Not to mention 99% of people that posted in spam posted elsewhere first, more often. Except random weird noobs and kaijyuu.

st4rw4k3r

So spam served as a distraction. If you watch the patches folder for 2 weeks without the spam folder here, I bet there will be a lot more patch work done.

Dome

November 01, 2011, 07:22:01 pm #10 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:26:13 pm by Dome
"More" doesn't mean "Good", expecially if the "New patches" section is flooded by ideas that will never turn into playable patches

Spam was a place in which you could goof off, but many ppl turned it into a mindless "DOMEUSUCK" shit. I tried to avoid that, but it was useless: Enjoy your fun-less FFH

Now, if an hacker wants to relax a bit, will probably go elsewhere...and maybe never return (Something I might consider)

Joseph Strife

Oh man, come on, i mean, there are time we need to talk serious and time we need to hang out, spam was to hang out, but of course there were some people that only posted in spam, but those wasn't serious people, you guys that are in FFH before than me already know how to see who is a serious person and want to help who isn't, i think that this wasn't necessary. Just leave spam be, serious people will make good things for FFH even jerking off sometime in spam. I do see Raven's point, but that's just to heavy for me.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Wow, this really makes me with I never posted my semi-serious discussions in Spam.

st4rw4k3r

formerdeathcorps

November 01, 2011, 07:52:19 pm #14 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:53:17 pm by formerdeathcorps
Spam is FFH's bar.  It attracts lonely people, bored people, new people, and alcoholics.  WE can't simply argue that because the bar is full of alcoholics, it should be closed.  Yes, the spam-addicts will stop coming, but you'll also reduce the morale of the people who want to simply unwind.

I think the real problem is that Spam's topics no longer function in any reasonable context.  They're just...there.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

We need to get to our days of plotting drunken rebellion, like the rebels we were.

RavenOfRazgriz

This was a terrible move and you should feel bad.

Also, st4r, that train of thought is not only flawed, but outright wrong.  If I didn't have something to particularly contribute at the time, not having somewhere to goof off isn't going to change that.  If you think it will, you're an idiot.  All you've done is encourage people to go off-site more often to rewind, which results in a higher chance of not wanting to come back and /less/ patches.  If you've been paying any attention at all, there's actually been more patchwork getting done as of late between having people motivated to do work, them having the tools to do it, and winter coming into full swing.  Spam's... fairly awful state hasn't somehow made that not happen, and it's not been somehow dissuading people from working on patches or whatever they do normally.  Most people, Kaijyuu aside, were still seen perusing all the work-relevant topics they perused like Sprites, Patches, etc. more than often enough given the general activity level of the boards and most project leads. You're wrong, your logic is flawed, and the facts just flat out tell you to take a chair, sorry.  You can easily see this is true by the huge /negative backlash quickly being accumulated by this move - by people who /contribute to various tools or projects/.  In my case - /someone who doesn't even use Spam/.  Unless you're going to say myself, Pickle Girl Fanboy, formerdeathcorps, GeneralStrife, dinosaur, and... hell, even Dome are people who don't/haven't contributed to anything here, which can easily be proven false with any number of forum searches.  So please, please, please stop this terrible, terrible train of thought while you're ahead.

In fairness, Spam's been turning into a nice crusty dogturd for quite some time, but... it's Spam, its ebb and flow aren't really our concern because its quality is only the quality needed for people to go goof off at the bar adequately, as FDC put it.  As such... yup, this was a terrible idea and you should feel terrible, Eternal, because no one's happy about it sans one so far.

dinosaur

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on November 01, 2011, 08:50:20 pm

We are community ... dare I say ... family? We need a place to have fun and joke around. Spam always gave me the lolz when I needed it. It is a place for our members to joke around with each other. We are friends not business partners!

st4rw4k3r

dino does strike a good point there

GeneralStrife

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on November 01, 2011, 08:50:20 pm

If I didn't have something to particularly contribute at the time, not having somewhere to goof off isn't going to change that.  If you think it will, you're an idiot.  All you've done is encourage people to go off-site more often to rewind, which results in a higher chance of not wanting to come back and /less/ patches.  If you've been paying any attention at all, there's actually been more patchwork getting done as of late between having people motivated to do work, them having the tools to do it, and winter coming into full swing.  Spam's... fairly awful state hasn't somehow made that not happen, and it's not been somehow dissuading people from working on patches or whatever they do normally.  Most people, Kaijyuu aside, were still seen perusing all the work-relevant topics they perused like Sprites, Patches, etc. more than often enough given the general activity level of the boards and most project leads. You're wrong, your logic is flawed, and the facts just flat out tell you to take a chair, sorry.  You can easily see this is true by the huge /negative backlash quickly being accumulated by this move - by people who /contribute to various tools or projects/.  In my case - /someone who doesn't even use Spam/.  Unless you're going to say myself, Pickle Girl Fanboy, formerdeathcorps, GeneralStrife, dinosaur, and... hell, even Dome are people who don't/haven't contributed to anything here, which can easily be proven false with any number of forum searches.  So please, please, please stop this terrible, terrible train of thought while you're ahead.

Took the words I couldn't think of right out of my mouth.