• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:22:17 am

Counter deathblow.

Started by Hyraldelita, March 10, 2015, 05:24:40 pm

Hyraldelita

Hello guys i'm new here =)

I used search and i wasted some time looking for other post but i didn't find any..

So here is my question...

Is the counter deathblow counter, supposed to miss so much?

I learned the skill the first time , and i didn't know how it was working cause it was missing around 90% of the time..

Is it me or the description is missing something? Don't know maybe it has a very low% to hit? cause it's a very powerfull counter.

but not very usefull if you use 16 mp and miss most of the time specially in the early game!

Thanks for the answer and sorry if the question has already been made!

Kurosabes

Hi, welcome to FFH

Which mod would that be from? There are lots of different mods out there, it would be helpful for others to know to find an answer your question.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Jumza

March 10, 2015, 08:53:07 pm #2 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:16:49 am by Jumza
It's one of Clouds reaction abilities from JoT5. No idea what the answer to your question is though :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Hyraldelita

yea is from jot5 i hope someone call tell me something couse i really like the skill potential but.. so much miss xD

Kurosabes

Note that I may be wrong because I haven't played the mod (yet).

From a quick look through FFTPatcher, assuming Counter Deathblow = Counter Tackle because it shows in Cloud's skillset, the chance to hit is MA+30%, plus it is evadeable, so yes, it is probably intentional.

3lric

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Deathblow_%28Ability%29

Deathblow has ALWAYS been a gamble. This is not a new thing.

Hyraldelita

March 11, 2015, 11:39:26 am #6 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:00:49 pm by Hyraldelita
Elric i perfectly understand that a deathblow/critical hit has low chance to happen , but as a counter and for 16 mp at the start of the game is somewhat no very usefull.

I just want to help, to make a more balanced skill!

That skill is kinda useless (i keep saying at the start of the game the way it is) and usually deathblow skills are active skill that you decide to use, a counter is a pssive skill you want to count on to defeat enemies. At least for me putting a counter that miss so much defeat the purpose of the counter itself, or not?^^

Edit post:

Today i was fighting undead with cloud monk, and he countered with deathblow, (unharmed so without element) and i healed the undead for 336 HP it's normal?XD

Kurosabes

It's a regular thing in a lot of mods I've played for damage % abilities like Demi 2 (and in this case Deathblow) to be dark elemental, so that important enemies like zodiac bosses nullify dark to not abuse those skills on them. And the undead absorb Dark as you probably know already.

Hyraldelita

aaah well sure i know ^^ but if im not wrong, on the counter deathblow description is not written dark elemental!

well ok, i still don't know the % of the counter but i think this post is solved, thanks^^