• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:49:51 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Equip Two Different Weapons.

Started by lunar, August 12, 2018, 10:16:43 pm

lunar

So my question is how would i be able to am a person us a gun and sword at the same time?
  • Modding version: PSX
"Lassworm!."
  • Discord username: Tensho

Xifanie

What do you mean? We can't just guess what you have in mind
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Nyzer

It would be very buggy. The game uses your main hand to determine the range of both weapon attacks. A gun with sword range, or a sword with gun range.

Don't do it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

lunar

Well my question was could i be able to make a class or a person use a gun and a sword at the same time. Like a sword and shield but instead it is a sword and gun? 
"Lassworm!."

Nyzer

Quote from: Nyzer on August 12, 2018, 11:07:31 pm
It would be very buggy. The game uses your main hand to determine the range of both weapon attacks. A gun with sword range, or a sword with gun range.

Don't do it.

lunar

ok then. but i will try other things like maybe use a lance with range
"Lassworm!."

Nyzer

Any time you set up two weapons with different ranges for dual wielding, it just looks and plays badly in game. Don't mess with it unless you want your game to look like a terrible mess in that regard.

Basic melee weapons only, or crossbows only, or guns only. No in between.

lunar

alright just wanted to know if i could do something like that.
"Lassworm!."