• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:35:25 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

DTE for BOOT.BIN 5 failed. The ISO has NOT been modified.

Started by MysticKnightFF5, July 09, 2011, 11:06:37 pm

MysticKnightFF5

I already read through the forums; I already tried every solution they gave me--going so far as to jack a new FFTactext that isn't posted on the boards.
My question is, is there a new fix for it? I kind of HAVE to change names to complete this mod because it's a character mod.

Eternal

Try saving it as a .ffttext, and open that and then try patching. Not sure if that's been mentioned on here yet or not.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

RandMuadDib

Shortening names that you're not using? Check for Kanji (i doubt there's any in that particular file but you can check) What Eternal suggested usually works for me when i use FFT:complete as a base for my patch.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

MagiusRerecros

Yeah, the problems are usually due to the files containing too much text. Et's suggestion seems to work a fair amount of the time (most notably when FFT:C is involved, as RandMuadDib mentioned), but otherwise shortening various strings, or eliminating useless ones seem to work for me.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Enosioph

shorting wont work...
ive tested it.
regardless, if u edit the jobnames or dismissal quotes, it will affect the boot.bin 5.
and the ISO will NOT be modified.
well, thats wat i think.
correct me if i'm wrong.