• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

RAD 3: 35 jobs.

Started by pokeytax, April 12, 2011, 08:42:20 pm

Mudvayne

i feel dumb haha i've followed all the directions on here perfectly even deleted the bard/dancer requirement in order for the job to be accessable but to no avail..
i don't even know what i'm doing wrong anymore so it's hard to ask for help

pokeytax

[post your .xml and .xls files[/size]

It's hard to diagnose your issue without a concrete example.

The patch should be simple enough to work with any existing save file, though.
  • Modding version: PSX

Mudvayne

i apologise for being such an idiot and i even feel like i'm adding the wrong files here but it's worth a shot -

also your help is MORE than appreciated

Mudvayne

Quote from: Mudvayne on July 22, 2011, 08:20:56 pm
i apologise for being such an idiot and i even feel like i'm adding the wrong files here but it's worth a shot -

also your help is MORE than appreciated

also i think i was only able to upload one of the two files
when i tried to upload the other file (of the type that was not supported i couldn't)
so i did my best and added em to a zip file to go from there

pokeytax

July 22, 2011, 10:58:55 pm #84 Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:59:20 pm by pokeytax
What program are you using to paste the XML into? It's saved as a .qpw. It should just be boring old Notepad or another bare-bones text editor. I don't see anything about your .xls that should break anything.

Here's the sample .xml I used for my patch, if you want to put into your FFTPatcher directory and try patching it.

MagiusRerecros

I don't see anything in the Job Wheel tab that should break anything, but I saw a bunch of cells in the Sprites tab that just ssay "04040404" that I don't remember being there in other .xls files that I've seen... Unless I just hadn't noticed them before? Also, when I look at the xml tab, there are a bunch of cells that just say "#N/A", with an error message that says "A value is not available to the formula or function." And yes, I do have the Analysis Toolpak with Excel.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

pokeytax

Quote from: MagiusRerecros on July 23, 2011, 12:46:14 am
Also, when I look at the xml tab, there are a bunch of cells that just say "#N/A", with an error message that says "A value is not available to the formula or function." And yes, I do have the Analysis Toolpak with Excel.

This is because the file was opened in OpenOffice(?) and converted to use ISERR instead of ISERROR somehow, which isn't recompatible with Excel. But there's a big red blotch in the jobs table hex which can't be helping. What program are you using to open the spreadsheet? Excel, LibreOffice Calc, OpenOffice Calc?

MagiusRerecros

Mudvayne

July 23, 2011, 06:42:57 pm #88 Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 06:45:15 pm by Mudvayne
i do appreciate your help, fellas. i got it working :)

i unlocked a lot of jobs now, though it makes the game extremely easy using it

i got  my characters to where i wanted and then tried to play it on a different fft iso (not just the regular - like 1.13 or fft rebirth) but when i try to start a battle with those charactrs that's where i run into even more problems
ex - i had a character as assasin and in the formation screen his sprite showed up as lede (sp - sorry, the female assassin) and when i went to use her in battle she showed up as weigraf haha
i was also unable to use any of her abilities

i feel as if i'm just out of luck here unless i just play on a regular version of fft but then the game is so easy it's not even worth playing ;\
any ideas

RandMuadDib

its a general rule to never hack an already hacked iso. using this on a game thats already been patched (1.3, rebirth, etc) its bound to screw up the game.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: pokeytax on July 20, 2011, 06:47:44 pm
It's 15. I'm probably just going to find a way to make certain skillsets primary-only to get around this, because it's triggered by exceeding 32 equippable secondaries.

Wouldn't that mean the upper limit is only 34 for any particular unit then assuming we count Mime, Mr. Pokeytax?

If you count Bard and Dancer as two separate jobs, the theoretical limit would need to be adjusted to in the realm of 65-67 since males/females could have two completely separate job trees.  :P

Being able to make more Mime-like Jobs would be... interesting regardless, though, even if Primary Only doesn't end up fixing the Job Limit issue.

pokeytax

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on July 24, 2011, 07:10:07 am
Wouldn't that mean the upper limit is only 34 for any particular unit then assuming we count Mime, Mr. Pokeytax?

Basic Skill - Math Skill = 17
Sing/Dance = 1
(minus current Primary) = 1

Of course, as you say, this is a cap on the number of jobs with equippable secondaries available at one time, not the total number.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: pokeytax on July 24, 2011, 09:19:06 am
Basic Skill - Math Skill = 17
Sing/Dance = 1
(minus current Primary) = 1

Of course, as you say, this is a cap on the number of jobs with equippable secondaries available at one time, not the total number.

1 Primary Job
1 Mime
32 Equippable Secondaries
=
34 Jobs.

Unless my math escapes me.  Y'know, that and how hex loves multiples of 16 and such.  Lest I'm misinterpreting your use of 35 or otherwise being stupid.

pokeytax

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on July 24, 2011, 09:28:10 am
1 Primary Job
1 Mime
32 Equippable Secondaries
=
34 Jobs.

Unless my math escapes me.  Y'know, that and how hex loves multiples of 16 and such.  Lest I'm misinterpreting your use of 35 or otherwise being stupid.

Ohhhh. Yeah, true, no unit has Bard and Dancer at once. That's... that's... pedantic.

Mudvayne

Quote from: RandMuadDib on July 24, 2011, 02:38:12 am
its a general rule to never hack an already hacked iso. using this on a game thats already been patched (1.3, rebirth, etc) its bound to screw up the game.

i see, makes sense

thanks to everyone who helped me, it's much appreciated  ;)

MagiusRerecros

Pedantic: ostentatious in one's learning; overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, especially in teaching.

Timbo

So, I'm a little foggy on how this works and I have a few questions. First though, let me see if I understand this right

1. The way I understand it, this patch can be used to create extra jobs that have a variety of requirements to unlock.
2. These classes share JP and Job Level with one of the 17 standard jobs on the job wheel.
3. Skill slots are shared. Meaning having skill slot A1 purchased in one job makes it automatically learned in another.
4. Bard, Dancer, and Mime should never be shared.

Is it possible to add mastery in a specific job to the list of unlock requirements? A class that requires master Wizard and Master Priest mage. It seems to me that requiring a RAD job to be mastered in It's shared job would force all of it's skills to be pre-learned. This is useful for jobs like the Red Mage which have different combinations of other classes abilities.

What if you made a Knight and shared it with the Squire? What happens if you then make Samurai share with the Knight? Do the Samurai and Squire become indirectly linked thus sharing Job Level and JP or does the game get mad at you and crash?
  • Discord username: Timbo

pokeytax

You're pretty much right.

Mastery (as in the "Mastered!" flag and star) is a little wonky with RAD. Although you could have the job require FF for Wizard A1/Wizard A2/Priest A1, you might as well just set a high job level requirement and use one of the skillsets that autolearns in battle.

If you make Knight Share Squire and Samurai Share Knight, Knight and Squire will be linked and Samurai will sit in Knight's spot (this won't have any visible effect).

Vanya

A few questions, good sir.
Could you explain columns AL, AM & AN?
And If I understand correctly any job that shares with Mime will be able to track JP, but won't be able to learn skills, right?
Also, if I have a job share with Bard/Dancer then they won't show up for females/males respectively, correct?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯