• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Redesign Main Discussion [Newest: HUGE GEAR EDITS!]

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, February 22, 2011, 10:03:22 am

The Damned

*pictures a boss made purely of Float status*

I see you've decided to use pokeytax's Float enabling Fly hack. I thought you hadn't wanted to do that? Or are you planning to change it somehow? Regardless, I suppose the logical (yet unwanted, IMO) Wind weakness is justified in this case.

That said, as much as I like to see Float buffed, it seems to be buffed a lot in...odd ways, at least with regards to what it cancels. For now, I'll continue to trust your decisions with regards to this, though.

(Speaking of interaction between Float and other statuses/statii, Don't Move is listed as Don't Move and Immobilize. It'd be best to stick with one.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

I was undecided.  Decided to go with it.  Float is sort of like a mini-Esuna.  It, Oil, and Undead share a Status triangle.  The basic idea behind it canceling mind-altering status is that the unit being afflicted goes "FUCK I'M FLOATING HOW DID THIS HAPPEN OH SHIT WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING I NEED TO STOP TAKING NAPS AND LISTENING TO MY DICK," which seems like a reasonable reaction.  I'd planned for more of these but there are only so many reasonable ways to implement trinities over duals.

Fixed the Don't Move typo.

The Damned

I see. With that reasoning given, I suppose I get the angle you're going for now and I look forward to seeing how it works out.

For me, I guess I just think that levitation would be something of a mundane thing in a world where magic is so commonplace. Still, it's always interesting to see other (competent) interpretations of what's essentially the same thing, though I don't think Charm is necessarily always due to "hey, your genitalia has taken over your thinking"; my prudishness made me refrain from the Tiamats liking tits comment, for the record.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

Today's update is complete: Stop Status. Don't miss it!

And yes, that flagging means exactly what you think it means: the unit cannot attack or be attacked and its CT is completely frozen until Stop wears off -meaning it may as well have been sent roughly two and a half turns into the future.  There is no way to dispel this once inflicted, which is why the only player-source of it currently is the Dimensionalist's single target Stop spell.

The Damned

*facepalms*

You did what I wanted to do with Stop by using Wall just toggling on the Ignore Attack button. Argh. I completely ignored that for some reason, perhaps because I thought it would be glitchy.

Has it been working out so far?

MysticKnightFF5

You should make a class named "Protoss Arbiter" and give it two spells: a splash-stop inflicting spell and teleport 2 :D

The Damned

Hmmm...I'm not sure how I feel about the Defend status preventing Don't Move and Don't Act. I suppose I'll have to see how the AI uses Defend if you can implement it the way you want since right now it seems like that massively benefits the player.

I'm rather surprised you kept Defend as an evasion increase, though.

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on March 09, 2011, 08:36:09 pmAnd The Damned... sort of, actual testing has been weird so far, may need to do some ASM rigging to make this work properly.

Sigh. I feared as much. Is it screwing up the animation? Or is it more than that, like the AI ignoring the Stopped target long after it's stopped being Stopped? (See, kids, capitalization is important to prevent confusion, though it doesn't help against Confusion.)

RavenOfRazgriz

I'm using FDC's hack that makes it add 25% A-EV instead of doubling evasion, but yeah.  I was barely able to see by the time I finished updated and passed out immediately afterward, so I forget if I noted that or not.

I don't see how that benefits the player over the AI much since you should be Defending on off turns anyway.  Giving up turns and not acting to prevent being hit with a status that stops you from acting doesn't seem like a huge exploit.  It's mostly a flavor change that I may revert because Paralyze and Immobilize are kinda important in breaking evasion tanks that are likely to spam Defend more than other units.

For some reason the Ignore Attacks flag isn't making things get ignored for me, as far as Stop goes.  It's probably an easy fix, just find the Wall code and point it to Stop instead.

The Damned

...Couldn't you just make Wall the new Stop, then? Why bother shuffling it around?

Also, why specifically A-EV for Defend?

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: The Damned on March 10, 2011, 05:50:23 am
...Couldn't you just make Wall the new Stop, then? Why bother shuffling it around?

Also, why specifically A-EV for Defend?

Animations.  Wall has none so it's easier to repoint the code that's more readily documented over to Stop then to try and find Stop's animation, disable it on Stop, and repoint it to Wall.  It also saves me the minor inconvenience of adjusting all the Inflict Statuses over to using Wall and actively remembering that Wall = Stop.

Because it allows Defend to apply on all sides and to both physical and magical attacks, and I'm removing any multiplicative evasion modifiers.  Plus, that's just how FDC's Defend modifier handles it, though I bet I could easily change that if I really wanted to.  I just see no reason not to.  His Blind hack works the same way, by the by, adding 50 A-Ev in a place where Concentrate and Transparent can't ignore it, if memory serves.

RavenOfRazgriz

I added a sizable chunk of detail to the Elements section to give a decent hint as to how Elements have been re-applied, to take a break from listing Statuses for a day or two.  I also updated the Evasion description a bit.  Both are here, too, for those who are lazy like me:

Elements have been reworked to serve an entirely different function than the "hit the weak spot!" role the once held, and are now a somewhat deep but optional aspect of character design.  Mastery of Element usage will have noticeable rewards, however, though it is not without its weaknesses. There are now only 7 Elements (Holy, Dark, Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Wind - Water and Ice have in effect been merged for a decent number of reasons), and the modifiers relating to them have been noticeably changed. Element Boost is set at +25% damage, Element Half becomes Element Resist at -25% damage, and Element Weak is set to +25% damage.  These changes are mostly due to how Boost/Resist/Weak are spread around in the new Element system, since larger values (+/-50% to +/-100%) would cause huge disparities in damage from Element based skills that I don't want to be seeing.  Absorption is still present (Null not as much, in an odd bit of contrast), but equipment is designed so that only certain element combinations can be absorbed, meaning no skillset can be obviated entirely via Absorption setups.  Trading stacks of PA and MA for Elemental setups can actually be quite rewarding in this new system in spite of that, for reasons anyone whose seen AI Tournaments can attest to.  While not entirely related, Oil and Float now also only provide a +25% damage bonus for similar reasons.

Evasion application will be modified in order to better support smart battlefield positioning, as well as innate Weapon Guard.  Evasion tanking will still be possible with both the modified application and adjusted scores, but will take far more thought than "Mantle + Abandon lol" to execute effectively.  Evasion for Weapon, Shield, and Class now applies at 100% value from front, 50% value from either side, and 0% value from back, making getting behind a unit incredibly valuable.  Mantles, however, still apply their evasion on all sides.

The Damned

I see, with regards to the A-EV. I don't recall Stop having an specific animation. (Or did you mean that Wall causes animation problems? Because I only remember Dark/Evil Looking doing that?)

As for Element and Evasion stuff, I agree with these changes. I hadn't thought about nullifying back evasion outside of mantles, but it really does make sense. As for Elements, that sounds like stuff that I wanted/needed to do, but I was under the impression that the game couldn't take anything that had to do with more than one decimal place. Maybe that's just Two Hands and Two Swords or something I'm making up entirely.

Good to know that Oil and Float are going to be 1.25% weakness, though. Certainly helps in Float's case.

RavenOfRazgriz

Stop makes the unit stop marching.  Wall doesn't.

It's less x1.25, but more x5 then /4, which is basically the same thing.  I'm using the low numbers both because it makes more sense given how damage is being modded in general and because weak/resist/boost is going to be more common... and using them more with things like x2 damage and halve damage is asking for hell.

Honestly, even if Float took double Wind damage, I doubt that'd weaken it much.  Wind is often one of the weakest Elements in terms of raw damage, and it gives you a crapton of buffs now to compensate, so... yeah.

RavenOfRazgriz

I'm trying to get back on the ball here, so I'm posting up my entire equipment list as soon as I finish things on it to make up for the lack of piecemeal updates the last couple months. I was able to salvage it despite all the factory resets I've been dealing with, thank god.  It's just incomplete.  Focusing on this and status and stuff for a while, I need to get back on the ball in a way that doesn't involve classes, I burned myself out on them far too much I think.  I've also stolen this glorious Wand idea from Celdia.  The concept is entirely hers, but the presented examples are my own. I've had the vast majority of this done since somewhere in the middle of last year outside of the newer additions such as Wands and Gauntlets.  Yay, procrastination.

So now, I'm just going through to update and post all of it.  For now, this only covers Notes to Guns, and everything here is still WIP.  All previously posted sections also saw updates to correct WP values.

(-1). Notes
0. Fists
1. Knives
2. Ninjatos (Ninja Swords)
3. Swords
4. Greatswords
5. Katanas
6. Axes
7. Spellswords
8. Wands
9. Guns
10. Crossbows
11. Longows
12. Polearms (Spears)
13. Poles (Sticks)
14. Gauntlets
15. Shurikens
16. Bombs
17. Shields
18. Helmets
19. Hats
20. Armor
21. Clothes
22. Robes
23. Shoes
24. Rings
25. Armlets
26. Mantles
27. Unused Item Slots

"Doubleshot" refers to an added ability of some weapons:

Doubleshot:
""
01 Dmg_[Weapon]
Cannot Target Self, Normal Attack, Animate on Miss, Evadable, Counter Flood, Countergraspable.
Weapon Range, 0 MP, 0 CT.

Formula: (CasFury+20)*(TarFury+20)/10000*((PA+6/2)*PA)

Used By: All.

Properties: Range 1, Striking, Two Swords, no Two Hands.

Formula: (CasFury+20)*(TarFury+20)/10000*PA * WP.

Used by:

Properties: Range 1, Striking, Two Swords, no Two Hands.

Common Items:

Dagger:
"A common dagger."
4 WP, 5% W-EV.
No Special Attributes.

Mage Masher:
"Strange dagger that cripples mana as well as flesh."
5 WP, 5% W-EV.
100% Manaruin.

Blind Knife:
"Knife with a toxin that affects the eyes."
6 WP, 5% W-EV.
100% Add: Blindness.

Toxic Knife:
"A dagger tipped with deadly poisons."
7 WP, 5% W-EV.
100% Add: Poison.

Slick Knife:
"A dangerous dagger covered in flammable oil."
6 WP, 5% W-EV
100% Add: Oil.

Main Gauche:
"A wide parrying dagger."
9 WP, 20% W-EV
No Special Attributes.

Zorlin Shape:
"A peculiarly shaped dagger dipped in a tranquilizing toxin."
5 WP, 5% W-Ev
100% Add: Sleep.

Rare Items:

None Currently.

Formula: (CasFury+20)*(TarFury+20)/10000*PA*WP.

Used by:

Properties: Range 1, Striking, Two Swords, Two Hands.

Common Items:

Ninja Knife:
"A Kunai dipped in a paralytic syrum."
6 WP, 5% W-EV.
100% Add: Immobilize.

Hidden Knife:
"Concealed, translucent-looking blade that seems impossible to deflect."
6 WP, 10% W-EV.
Innate: Concentrate.

Short Edge:
"Short blade that's swung twice in quick succession."
5 WP, 0% W-EV.
100% Doubleshot.

Ninja Edge:
"Ninjato with a wide edge that deflects attacks more easily."
8 WP, 15% W-EV.
No Special Attributes.

Sasuke Knife:
"Replica of a Ninjato used by a legendary ninja."
7 WP, 10% W-EV
PA +1.

Spell Edge:
"Rune-inscribed Ninjato that enhances spellcasting prowess."
8 WP, 10% W-EV.
MA +2.

Rare Items:

Iga Knife:
"The first of a pair of Superb Ninjatos made by a secret organization."
?????

Koga Knife:
"The second of a pair of Superb Ninjatos made by a secret organization."
?????

Used by:

Common Items:

Broad Sword:
"A simple broadsword."
5 WP, 10% W-EV.
No Special Attributes.

Long Sword:
"A longsword, better for parrying attacks."
6 WP, 15% W-EV.
No Special Attributes.

Iron Sword:
"A heavy, sturdy-bladed sword forged of iron."
7 WP, 10% W-EV.
No Special Attributes.

Rune Blade:
"Sword with ancient runes etched onto the blade."
8 WP, 5% W-EV.
MA +2.

Ancient Sword:
"Sword with strange properties and made from ancient methods."
7 WP, 15% W-EV.
100% Add: Immobilize.

Sleep Sword:
"Wide-bladed, jet-black sword with an enchantment that puts those it cuts to sleep."
5 WP, 15% W-EV.
100% Add: Sleep.

Coral Sword:
"Single-edged coral design sword that harnesses Lightning."
9 WP, 10% W-EV. Lightning Elemental.
Absorb: Lightning.

Flame Sabre:
"Enchanted red blade with a flame design."
9 WP, 10% W-EV, Fire Elemental.
Absorb: Fire.

Ice Brand:
"Sword with an ice-clear blade."
9 WP, 10% W-EV, Ice Elemental.
Absorb: Ice.

Diamond Sword:
"Sword with diamonds embedded in the blade."
9 WP, 5% W-Ev.
PA +1.

Rare Items:

Blood Sword:
"Bloodsucking Sword with a magneta blade."
6 WP, 10% W-EV, Dark Element.
Absorb HP.

Nagrarock:
"Ebony sword from the Apocalypse."
4 WP, 20% W-EV.
PA +1, MA +1, Speed +1, Move +1, Jump +1.

Used by:

Properties: Range 1, Striking, Two Swords, Forced Two Hands.

Common Items:

Defender:
"Wide-bladed Knight Sword with a gem-laden hilt."
10 WP, 40% W-EV.
No Special Attributes.

Rare Items:

Save the Queen:
"Knight Sword given as a symbol of one's loyalty to the crown. Contains a blessing for the start of battle."
12 WP, 25% W-EV.
Initial: Protect, Strengthen: Holy. Weak: Holy.

Excalibur:
"Holy Sword whose very existence is the stuff of legends. Said to have been once wielded by a great king."
12 WP, 25% W-EV.
Initial: Reraise, Strengthen: Holy. Weak: Holy.

Ragnarok:
"Legendary Knight Sword forged during the Apocalypse. Temporarily reduces damage from magic during battle."
12 WP, 25% W-EV.
Initial: Shell, Strengthen: Holy. Weak: Holy.

Chaos Blade:
"Sword forged in Chaos, said to have been gifted to man by God himself. Users begin the battle being healed by God's Blessing."
12 WP, 25% W-EV.
Initial: Regen, Strengthen: Holy, Dark. Weak: Holy, Dark.

Enhancer:
"A long, gem-laden sword from another world."
15 WP, 30% W-Ev.
PA -1, MA +3.

Used by:

Common Items:

Ashura:
"Bright white Katana with a flame design on the blade."
9 WP, 20% W-EV, Fire Elemental.
Strengthen: Fire.

Kotetsu:
"Katana with a tiger engraved on the blade. Gives off an evil aura."
9 WP, 20% W-EV, Dark Elemental.
Absorb: Dark.

Osafune:
"High quality sword from Osafune. Runic engravings react to shed blood and absorb its mana."
10 WP, 20% W-EV.
100% Manadrain.

Murasame:
"A peculiar sword whose movements flow like water. Designed with properties to preserve life."
11 WP, 20% W-EV, Ice Elemental.
Strengthen: Holy.

Murasama:
"Demonic bloodsucking Katana that transfers energy back to its user."
9 WP, 20% W-EV, Dark Elemental.
Absorb HP.

Kiyomori:
"Well-made famous sword. Special blade design deflects blows with ease."
12 WP, 35% W-EV.
No Special Attributes.

Ame-no-Murakumo:
"Replica of a sword from a dragon's tail, the blade is fused with mystic dragon scales."
13 WP, 20% W-EV.
MA +2.

Kiku-ichimonji:
"Crysanthemum crested Katana infused with the power of the planet."
12 WP, 20% W-EV. Earth Elemental.
Strengthen: Earth.

Rare Items:

Masamune:
"Beautifully crafted Katana and sheath from a master swordsmith.  Blade length is otherworldly."
14 WP, 10% W-EV.
Range 2.

Chirijiraden:
"Ornamental Chirijiraden with flame-like engravings, it was once a Holy Sword that purged evil."
15 WP, 10% W-EV.
Strengthen: Holy.

Used by:

Common Items:

Battle Axe:
"Ornamental Battle Axe.  Still has the power to cleave both metal and flesh in one stroke."
6 WP, 0% W-EV.
100% Armor Crush.

Giant Axe:
"Huge-headed Axe that crushes defenses."
7 WP, 0% W-EV.
100% Shield Crush.

Slasher:
"Highly destructive Axe that cleaves the foe top-down."
8 WP, 0% W-EV.
100% Helmet Crush.

Crasher:
"Enchanted destructive axe that cuts through barriers."
9 WP, 0% W-EV.
100% Cancel: Protect, Shell, Reflect.

Rune Slicer:
"Axe with a rune-inscribed head that robs blessings."
10 WP, 0% W-EV.
100% Cancel: Reraise, Haste, Regen.

Rare Items:

None Currently.

Formula: (CasFury+20)*(TarFury+20)/10000*MA*WP.

Used by:

Common Items:

None Currently.

Rare Items:

Moonlight:
"Ethereal blade that transcends existence. "LS-99" is inscribed on the hilt."
8 WP, 0% W-EV.
Innate: Concentrate, Range 4.

Formula: MA*WP.

Used by:

Properties: Range 4, Striking, no Two Hands, no Two Swords.

Oak Wand:
"A simple oaken wand for casting magic."
4 WP, 0% W-EV.
No Special Properties.

Dispel Wand:
"Strange wand whose magic removes all blessings from the target."
3 WP, 0% W-EV.
Cancel: Float, Reraise, Transparent, Regen, Protect, Shell, Haste, Reflect.

White Wand:
"Wand infused with healing powers."
7 WP, 0% W-EV. Holy Elemental.
Heals HP. Strengthen: Holy. Weak: Holy.

Black Wand:
"Wand infused with dark power."
5 WP, 0% W-EV. Fire, Ice, Lightning Elemental.
Strengthen: Fire, Ice, Lightning. Weak: Fire, Ice, Lightning.

Hex Wand:
"Attack and curse the target, making their flesh mimic the walking dead."
3 WP, 0% W-EV.
100% Add: Undead.

Wizard Wand:
"Carefully crafted wand for focusing magic power."
6 WP, 0% W-EV.
MA +2.

Rare Items:

Will Wand:
"Special wand that focuses the will of all who come in contact with it."
3 WP, 0% W-EV.
Always: Will. 100% Add: Will.

Formula: (CasFury+20)*(TarFury+20)/10000*WP*20

Used by:

Properties: Variable Range, Direct, no Two Swords, Forced Two Hands, Unevadable.

Common Items:

Romanda Rifle:
"Rifle from the northern Romandian area."
4 WP, 5% W-EV.
Range 6.

Mythril Rifle:
"Rifle constructed from magic-conductive mythril."
6 WP, 5% W-EV.
MA +1, Range 6.

Revolver:
"A small, one-handed gun with shorter range."
7 WP, 0% W-EV.
One-Handed, Range 4.

Restored Shotgun:
"Incredibly old, close-range gun that has been painstakingly restored to working order."
12 WP, 5% W-EV.
Range 2

Romanda Sniper:
"Refitted Romanda Rifle that can achieve a much farther range without losing power."
4 WP, 5% W-EV
Range 8.

Rare Items:

None Currently.

Used by:

Properties: Direct, no Two Swords, no Two Hands.

Common Items:

Bow Gun:
"Simple one-handed crossbow."
4 WP, 5% W-EV.
No Special Properties.

Salem Crossbow:
"Crossbow that destroys magic power."
5 WP, 5% W-EV.
100% Manaruin.

Night Killer:
"Crossbow that fire arrows tipped with eye-damaging toxin."
6 WP, 5% W-EV.
100% Add: Blindness.

Poison Crossbow:
"Crossbow that fires poison-tipped arrows."
7 WP, 5% W-EV.
100% Add: Poison.

Gastraphetes:
"High-powered crossbow that blasts back targets."
8 WP, 5% W-EV.
100% Knockback.

Enhanced Bow Gun:
"Bow Gun with a refitted launch device for higher output.  Fires two arrows per shot."
5 WP, 5% W-EV.
100% Doubleshot.

Rare Weapons:

None Currently.

Used by:

Properties: Range 5, Direct, no Two Swords, Two Hands Only.

Common Items:

Long Bow:
"Simple longbow for ranged battle."
6 WP, 5% W-EV.

Silver Bow:
"Blessed bow for hunting undead."
7 WP, 5% W-EV. Holy Elemental.
No Special Properties.

Windslash Bow:
"Bow that harnesses the wind to fire arrows at breakneck speed."
8 WP, 5% W-EV. Wind Elemental.
Innate: Accuracy Boost.

Magus Bow:
"Bow with engraved runes that enhance magic."
9 WP, 5% W-EV.
MA +2.

Artemis Bow:
"Bow blessed by the hunting goddess with superior range."
10 WP, 5% W-EV.
Range 6.

Yoichi Bow:
"Replica bow, based on one used by a famous archer."
11 WP, 15% W-EV.
No Special Properties.

Rare Items:

Perseus Bow:
"Legendary bow said to have had the winged sandals of Perseus used as part of its materials."
8 WP, 20% W-EV.
Always: Float.

RandMuadDib

Question for you: How do you get it to be range 4 -and- striking? I thought the striking bit meant that it was automatically melee/range 1?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: RandMuadDib on May 21, 2011, 01:16:23 pm
Question for you: How do you get it to be range 4 -and- striking? I thought the striking bit meant that it was automatically melee/range 1?

I think I need to change it to Lunging.  I just sort of pasted that in quickly because the Striking/Lunging/Direct bits really aren't all too relevant to how the weapon actually works.  I mostly just listed that stuff there more for myself so I have fingertip-access to all the info I'd need when I get to adding this new run of weapons into FFTPatcher.

RandMuadDib

Alright well from what I've read/found, the striking/lunging/arc etc. bits override the number you put in for range. Striking limits it to panel, lunging limits it to the two panels that poles and lances get. Unless I missed something completely.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!