• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Project Gold (Luna's Mod)

Started by MysticKnightFF5, January 07, 2011, 08:02:05 pm

MysticKnightFF5

January 07, 2011, 08:02:05 pm Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:11:20 pm by MysticKnightFF5
Objective: To make a more realistic FFTactics and edit the classes immensely. A later version (if I have time) will be released without the class changes.
Changelog:

Almost every class (except mime, and a few others) will receive major changes.
HP will be decreased, as well as most armor effects on HP.
Clothes will be given speed bonuses and eva bonuses, but you'll likely die if hit.
Heavy armor will decrease speed and eva, but offer a surpluse of HP to take several hits. Unless it's an axe, those will still hurt.
All polearms (including axes) will be changed tactically.
Everyone will have innate Weapon Guard and very high innate P-EVA. Magic will require significantly more MP, chances are more than your max if you try spell rushing.
Fire will be purely damage
Blizzard will cause don't move, don't act, or stop, and probably have higher range.
Thunder will have ranged AND powerful, but equipment that nullifies Thunder will be easy to get.
Tier 1 Elemental (F/B/T) will be free to learn.

Will be given the item command, and the Basic Skills skillet will be removed. Squires can now equip every weapon in the game except guns. Squires will be given a hefty set of movement and reaction skills, probably.

Breaking skills will be removed and given to a later class. (probably Paladin) Not sure what to give them yet.

Can equip most weapons but keeps the same skillset. Wave fist will be removed, and monks will acquire a few throws, if possible.

Concentration removed, kept relatively the same.

Suggestions much obliged, not even the foggiest of how to balance this beast. Equip gun removed.

Jump will be cut down significantly and replaced with a few dragoon abilities, probably Reis' (dragons will be fearsome beasts now)

Blade grasp given to Ninja, a deadly counter attack will be given instead.

Given blade grasp, not much difference otherwise. May have some non-throw skills. If this happens, skillset will be renamed to Ninjutsu.

Will have low level magic (Fire/Thunder/Blizzard/Cure) and some non-elemental magic.

Will not have low level magic, but have mostly the same magic.

Will have all elemental magic (misisng out on spells such as Flare), and will have lower MP, same MP growth, and sword capability.

Will have many status ailment causing spells and status strikes (if possible, I recall people having numerous problems attempting this), a long with strong sword skills (better than Red Mage).

Will have many spells from Time Mage (Haste removed from Astromancer Set), and will have Celestial Stasis as their ultimate, high CT requirement.

Basically the same, except Geomancy will be almost completely MA based.

Will have several powerful moves taking advantage of status ailments, but only a few status ailment abilities will be given as spells. (while many weapons causing needed status ailments will be given to the dark magi) Most effective with any undeads in the party or on the enemy side.

Same thing

Might have some break skills and will definitely have healing spells. Will have the skills Orator used to have.

Low level spells, mid level spells, and enchantments. Almost completely physical based. Will probably change as the project progresses.

Knightswords will become Sword Breakers, and if possible, made two hand for a large amount of them.
Flails will be replaced with...something...anything
Axes will be given a significantly stronger WP, but most likely same formula, and have higher W-EVA. (might turn it into a level based formula)
Spears will become heavy on offensive power.
Swords will be given increased accuracy, and knives will increase speed and accuracy.
Sword breaker knives will greatly increase W-EVA.
Katanas (both Samurai and Ninja) will have 0 W-EVA (making them very easy targets), however will have killer WP. Ninja will keep Reflex, and be given Blade Grasp.
Bows will be kept relatively the same.
Guns will keep nearly 100% to most, and deal (most likely) instant kill damage to anybody but Heavy Armor, and will be somehow limited.
Crossbows will be less accurate but more powerful than bows, in addition to having status effects.
Staves will have outstanding P-EVA and M-EVA, along with resistances to various status effects.
IDK if I missed any weapons here, I'll go back and check to make sure I got everything.

Lenneth Valkyrie has been added.
Maybe Jecht, if I can acquire a Jecht sprite.

--
Contained is an Open Office spreadsheet with the class skills. Though, not in much detail.

MysticKnightFF5

BAHAHAHA I haven't updated this in forever. Well, for the time being, screw messing with the text. Here's a new spreadsheet. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em...since, I've gotten no feedback at all without asking. Aside from that, anything incomplete is miscalculations and polishing.
Enclosed is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.