• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:53:37 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Flashtics [*** 0.6 Available ***]

Started by dbp, December 30, 2010, 01:13:41 am

dbp

Thank you guys for your help.
Very appreciated.
QuotePS: I made a comment in your "Help" thread questions about ripped sound effects and provided a useful link.

Thank you ! I just saw it !
But i don't know if i can make work all these stuffs on Mac ?
I leave in Japan and only have a Mac laptop with me. I don't have bootcamp yet so i cannot run windows program for the moment sadly...

QuoteCan flash piece together sprites? I feel like we understand the coding which builds the sprites and I would think it would be faster to implement that then create a completely new animation system.

QuoteI'm bad at artistic stuff sorry, but I do know a bunch of sprite generators, if you want them.

Yes, Flash can do pretty much anything you want, the problem is i really need to make my own system here.
If my goal was to make a FFT Engine i would do so, but my gaol is to do a kind of reusable Tactical RPG Engine. Not only for FFT.

But believe me, it will be a piece of cake to implements new chars.
Regards !
Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

Cheetah

I think you missed the point of the link. If you click any of those listed it plays the sound, thus you already have an archive of all the sound effects.
Current Projects:

dbp

Cheetah, my apologize !
I must be really blind ! (Or too lazy to not even click on the link you provided to me).

This is totally awesome !
I will add sounds also in the next demo !
Regards.

dbp

Some WIP
I am working on all kind of box display right now.

Simple Display Box
Dialog Box (Portrait on right or left)
Menu Box (Background disabled menu change colors).

I can also handle typewriter effect on any kind of display box.
I made some progress but it need more work to display long list menu etc...

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Amazing stuff as always, dbp! Keep up the good work, and I wish you the best. We'll help however we can!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Cheetah

Haha, glad you figured it out dude. This is looking really really great.
Current Projects:

dbp

Glad you liked it guys  :D
Thank you for your support.

Regards.

Tigerspike

Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

dbp

Guys your messages are really funny :D
But i am very far to be awesome or god hehe.

I would be a little bit better than a standard guy if i can provide a really enjoyable game to play.
That is far to be the case.

Anyway, your support really boost me to continue and the feedback i got from you is really enjoyable.
It is really a long time project and i need to do it step by step. Fortunately my experience in game development help me to not do stupid mistakes. I take my time to think before acting.

I hope that what i said make sense because sometimes i feel like my English is really bad.
In fact my English teacher really hated me back in school days, so i wasn't very much motivated about learning English.
But that is another story :D

Cheetah

You are making me want to learn more about programming in flash because you are making this look so easy. Though I know that in reality it isn't.
Current Projects:

MysticKnightFF5

dbp

February 02, 2011, 10:39:59 pm #54 Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:41:08 pm by dbp
Hi !
Some news before the next release.
Sadly i could not implement attacks yet for a simple reason. It takes a lot of time. (Enemy sprite sheet, Basic Artificial intelligence, Charge Time system, etc) So maybe in the next next release.

My next post will be the next demo.It will be available tomorrow or during week end, so stay tunned !
See you soon.

Cheetah

Thanks for the updates dbp, I don't know about everyone else but I check this thread obsessively. Forget the AI, just give us the ability for two players to be controlling the characters and we will wish for nothing else.

How can we support you in the enemy sprite sheet department?
Current Projects:

MysticKnightFF5

By using the sprite editor he supplied for us? >.> And I agree, work on AI after you give us the ability to control both teams xP

dbp

February 04, 2011, 07:09:46 am #57 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:10:27 am by dbp
Here is the Sprite Sheet i use for Cloud.

But 2 warnings
- The Attack and 2 Units fighting on battlefield will only appear in the next next release.
- Also, this Sprite Sheet is not definitive and may change in the future

Eternal

I'm with Cheetah, screw the AI. A program like this would be grand for PvP, and it seems like it'd be less intense than running it on an emulator. This is some great stuff, and I look everyday to see updates. :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on February 04, 2011, 08:28:19 am
I'm with Cheetah, screw the AI. A program like this would be grand for PvP, and it seems like it'd be less intense than running it on an emulator. This is some great stuff, and I look everyday to see updates. :D

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"