• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:35:38 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Starting a new patch

Started by BeoulveBlack, July 21, 2008, 01:05:12 pm

BeoulveBlack

July 21, 2008, 01:05:12 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
alright, so i've finished all the new characters that are going into my new patch, but i need some help redoing the events.

could someone give me a bit of a push in the right direction as to how i edit the event animations; i'm really needing more liberty in what events i use to introduce characters and battles. are there any programs that make this easier that i'm missing?

P.S.
examples of event edits would be helpful. for instance, if after the mustadio zaland fort city scene, i wanted him to just stand thee instead of show his gun, how would i do that?

LastingDawn

July 21, 2008, 01:25:24 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
http://auritech.fantopolis.com/viewtopic.php?t=444

Zodiac's Event Decompiler is absolutely wonderful, but in the site move we lost a lot of the meanings of the terms used within. There's also many things to know about the format of events. All events are run side by side their appropriate scenario. Every x2000 blocks of data is a scenario, each "Event Script" in the Decompiler corresponds to it's scenario number.

Events are normally simple affairs, one or two scenarios at most.

Battles on the other hand... everytime the battle is paused to make way for events, a scenario is used, so try to stick to the limits of the event numbers. Now Test.evt can't really be freely meddled with unless you have knowledge of Attack.out as well. This little guide should be able to help you, and always use the 5th Page of Maps for reference purpose.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!