• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Jobs

Started by Christopher Robin, May 25, 2008, 05:10:00 pm

Christopher Robin

May 25, 2008, 05:10:00 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Christopher Robin
Okay, on the job list, there's a couple of blank spots... is it possible to just add your own new job in those?  I know you can add new skillsets.

But I'm wondering what that does to sprites.

Vanya

May 25, 2008, 05:24:57 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Pretty much the only thing we can do right now is add special jobs, or edit existing generic jobs. No way to add new generic jobs.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Christopher Robin

May 25, 2008, 05:41:13 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Christopher Robin
Okay, but if I add a new special job, do I have to overwrite something if I want it to have a new sprite?

I'm not certain how'd you set the new clas as the 'base job' that would overwrite Squire.  Unless you worked it like a Zodiac and hey just can't access the job wheel...

VincentCraven

May 25, 2008, 05:59:26 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
You could just overwrite the dupe of Gafgarion or something.  But you have to replace something to add another sprite.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Christopher Robin

May 25, 2008, 10:08:26 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Christopher Robin
Hm.  Odd.  Why does the game have Sprite Sets for all the characters from the Prologue battle?

Or rather, why does it have a sprite set in the list, but not actually HAVE them?  For instance, I set Rad to use the Rad sprite instead of the generic Male one, and he's a glitched chicken.  All of the characters from the battle have messed up sprites if you choose their own sets.

Zozma

May 25, 2008, 11:15:06 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
those are for the character name only, there are more actor names than special jobs, so they wont match up correctly.
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Christopher Robin

May 25, 2008, 11:18:48 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Christopher Robin
Alright, here's another question.  I could swear I saw another topic with about this but...

Anyway, I got new Alicia and Lavian sprites working, replacing the extra Cecila/Lede ones.  Those work fine.

But my new Rad sprite doesn't work in battle.  I replaced the extra Gafgarion, and he works fine.  Rad also works... during the church cutscene.  But he glitches during the prologue battle.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Zozma

May 25, 2008, 11:26:39 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yes, there is a topic on this, each map is limited to only 9 different sprites at a time ( you cant see all of them but this is counting the chocobo, delita, and ovelia...) to fix this....:

change the chemist to a knight (this removes one of the "different" sprites from the battle) you shouldn't have a problem now...

but i also noticed that there was the first version of delita in this map too in the entd editor even tho u never see him, id remove that as well if whats posted above doesnt work.

also when i corrected the problem, i made it so rad was already present outside where he ends up standing when the battle starts... instead of how hes set up now "randomly present" i don't know if you HAVE to do that, but he wouldn't come out the door at all when i didn't put him there already.
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!