• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:09:39 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Play Testers for V1.3 ENTD Wanted!

Started by Archael, May 17, 2008, 02:46:55 am

Archael

June 01, 2008, 11:06:06 am #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Hey man glad to hear ur enjoying it.

I will admit it is alot more challenging but some people like it depending on their playstyle.

I'll also admit some battles (starting in chapter 2) can get pretty ridiculous if you dont prepare for them.

And starting in chapter 3 and 4 some battles are insane even if you do prepare for them.

Alot of balance work is needed but this time the storyline fights are the ones needing toning down, not the player. Once Argg0 finishes his playthrough we can do V1.3 beta.

Kamikaze_Ice

June 01, 2008, 02:20:48 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kamikaze_Ice
i've been enjoying the 1.307 as well.  once i got two black mages in chapter 1 i flew though it and most of chapter 2 as well.

only tough spots i found, as someone who didnt do random battles, were the "save mustadio" battle, and you actually chose to save him. bugger died 50% of the time before i could even get close enough to toss potions and such, and the other 40% of the time it was because everything went after my mages :(
time mage 1-hit ko'ing with holy, other time mage casts slow/stop, with a monk casting petrify with some insane success percentage on ramza.
that archer charming one of my males (usually the ninja or ramza)

first time i ever got a use out of HP Restore :( most of the time was spent on the execution site.
you think you're doing good then you miss one attack and poof everyones been resurected and you just wanna cry in a corner lol.

i saw a thread about a job tree reorginisation, and made me wonder if some classes might get changed in 1.3b, like say dancer/bard (its the only reason i never make them, guys having to level as casters just... bleh)

side note: move mp-up is on bards, and mp switch is on dancers now yes? i figured it'd be better to swap them around. females get their move get mana since they cast, and seeing as melee dont use magic that much being male and all. if the AI had access to it, it would make some mana shielded melee units. just a thought i had.

Archael

June 01, 2008, 03:32:46 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Dancer is a physical class and bard is a magical class. But I get what you're saying. Honestly, either way is fine, but MP Switch makes female physicals a little better, not to mention female samurais / ninjas / geomancers better. Moe MP UP can help the male casters to spam their stuff, since they don't have such great MA.

I'm waiting on Argg0 to finish his 1.307 so I can release 1.3beta with all the fixes done since 1.307.

I thought some encounters like Golgorand and Izlude would need nerfing, but people are surprising me and finally did get past them.

After many resets. :D

Kamikaze_Ice

June 01, 2008, 07:37:42 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kamikaze_Ice
i didn't have much trouble with izlude. just had ramza Steal Heart the lancer that also has Steal, and then watch as she steal's her own teams heart so i get like two to three extra units for a few turns :)

one thing i encountered was a Ninja with Equip Crossbow. (riovanes entrance battle)
she attacked me from range with crossbow, and then did a ranged melee hit.

dunno if this was intented or what but boy was that wierd.

Archael

June 01, 2008, 08:29:01 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Kamikaze_Ice"i didn't have much trouble with izlude. just had ramza Steal Heart the lancer that also has Steal, and then watch as she steal's her own teams heart so i get like two to three extra units for a few turns :)

one thing i encountered was a Ninja with Equip Crossbow. (riovanes entrance battle)
she attacked me from range with crossbow, and then did a ranged melee hit.

dunno if this was intented or what but boy was that wierd.

Not intended.

Interesting. First swing was crossbow, then she swung with fists and hit you for a second attack?

First time I hear that ever.

Kamikaze_Ice

June 01, 2008, 09:11:13 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kamikaze_Ice
well it was a ninja sword, but yes it also hit from range.

oh, theres also a little glitch at the story battle of Grog Hill.
you have female chemists, and one of them had dialog at the begining of battle.
when said chemist is talking, the female sprite changes into a male sprite for one line (when the chemist is facing downwards at the squire she's talking to)

and there also might be another little glitch, but it could also just be the iso too.
waay back when teta gets kidnaped and Zalbag kills the noob trying to take Alma. when Zalbag swings his sword, its kinda corrupted. nothing ground breaking but just thought i'd point it out.

piddly things to note: Coral Sword menu sprite looks different now, yes, but it dosent match up with the pallete of the battle sprite (still default blue). changeable?
and some skills that now require mana, like chakra, dont flash red when you dont have enough mana to cast them. (i imagine because that skillset originally didnt have anything needing mana, so it never had lines of code to flash red when unavailable)

hope something i've said is useful :)

VincentCraven

June 01, 2008, 09:14:12 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Attacking with a ninja sword from range? You didn't make Crossbows 2Swordable did you?
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Archael

June 01, 2008, 09:20:56 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quoteoh, theres also a little glitch at the story battle of Grog Hill.
you have female chemists, and one of them had dialog at the begining of battle.
when said chemist is talking, the female sprite changes into a male sprite for one line (when the chemist is facing downwards at the squire she's talking to)

Already Fixed, thank you!

Quoteand there also might be another little glitch, but it could also just be the iso too.
waay back when teta gets kidnaped and Zalbag kills the noob trying to take Alma. when Zalbag swings his sword, its kinda corrupted. nothing ground breaking but just thought i'd point it out.

No clue why this happens. AT ALL.

Quotepiddly things to note: Coral Sword menu sprite looks different now, yes, but it dosent match up with the pallete of the battle sprite (still default blue). changeable?

Probably, but not really interested. If it's really an issue, we'll just revert Coral Sword palette back to normal.

Quoteand some skills that now require mana, like chakra, dont flash red when you dont have enough mana to cast them. (i imagine because that skillset originally didnt have anything needing mana, so it never had lines of code to flash red when unavailable)

Yes we are aware of this one. Thanks. The Chakra MP cost is not a perfect solution because as soon as you get enough MP to use it it just gives MP right back, defeating the original purpose.

I'm seriously thinking of leaving Chakra free for V1.3beta, since Monk's Earth Slash is now evadeable.

Quotehope something i've said is useful :)

Very useful. I figured out what causes the crossbow issue BTW, already fixed.

And no I did not make crossbows two swordable.

Kamikaze_Ice

June 02, 2008, 05:54:14 am #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kamikaze_Ice
its me again. no work makes time for fft.

i know you're changing the storyline battles, but what about the side-story battles for the extra characters?

just started chapter 4 and went to get the Beowulf and Reis part out of the way, but battles at the Colierry Under Ground dont seem to be edited for difficulty :(
all the chemists basically have empty R/S/M and all wearing appropriate gear for their level (pre-set mithril guns with flash hats, black costumes and feather mantles mostly, them being about 39 at the time)

1CF to 1D4 in the ENTD section (nearly at the end of the 'story battle' group) so you don't have to search if you don't know where i'm talking about.

i'll just ignore these fights for now and hope their settings get edited

Chapter 3 Weigraf-Velius wasn't so hard either. Jump and Calculator skills made the fight pretty easy (frog demons, slow Velius, repeat slowing till dead).

<3 the patch so far. still just those two tough spots for me. i'll let you know if your Chapter 4 makes me want to cry in a corner.

VincentCraven

June 02, 2008, 08:13:28 am #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Quote from: "Voldemort7"Very useful. I figured out what causes the crossbow issue BTW, already fixed.

What was the problem?  I'd like to know so that I never have to run into that myself.

Archael

June 02, 2008, 10:38:35 am #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
The fact that you used Jump and Calculators @ Riovanes Wiegraf means the difficulty as successfully been increased lol.

Anyway, no, I haven't touched the side quet ENTD's but I know which ones you're talking about. I can definately ramp those up too, as well as all the DD, Cloud, and Worker 8 fights.

@VC: When I used ENTD to force Equip Xbow and a Gastrafitis on one of the ninjas, it works kinda like placing the bow their with a gameshark. It breaks the normal rules and forced the game to equip that even if they cant.

This meant that the game never went through the process of <RANDOM>ly equipping the xbow on the ninja and checking for the "no two swords" flag unchecked. So, it will read as a ninja with a Two Swords, bow range, first strike uses right hand weapon (Gastra) and second strike uses the fist @ gastra range.

It's hard to explain just try it out yourself.

If you STILL want a ninja in your ENTD with equip crossbow, you must give her or him Equip Crossbow and let the <RANDOM> fnction equip one naturally, which isn't too smart considering the AI has a tendency to use low-level things when Equip X is enabled, I'm not sure why. (Equip Spear--> Javelin I comes to mind alot.)

Forcing a crossbow on there like I did with the Gastrafitis will result in the bug.

I assume a similar thing would occur if you force two xbows on a ninja, with or without equip xbow.

Archael

June 02, 2008, 11:25:13 am #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Now could SOMEONE tell me which one's the TRUE END event file?

They are both almost identical.

192 END

and

1D9 END

EDIT: Got something very nasty planned for Deep Dungeon and Steel Giant fights. Cloud not so much, since what you fight there is generics anyway.

Caliburn

June 02, 2008, 03:04:33 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Caliburn
Quote from: "Voldemort7"EDIT: Got something very nasty planned for Deep Dungeon and Steel Giant fights. Cloud not so much, since what you fight there is generics anyway.

Haha, that was one of those battles where if you're overleveled, it is a massive pain in the ass, mostly because of those damn birds and hydras.

Archael

June 02, 2008, 07:22:18 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
@ Kamikaze_Ice: From the patchlist:

24. Serpentarius stats increased greatly, gained MBarrier and Speed Save. No longer vulnerable to Stop and Slow.

25. Deep Dungeon random encounters remain the same.

26. END Encounter Apanda's are now Party Level +10-15, Serpentarius Party level +25.

27. Colliery Underground, Zarghidas Trade City and Nelveska Temple encounters difficulty increased.

28. Cloud now joins at [Party Level] with all jobs up to Mime unlocked. You must still find Materia Blade.

Now... about those random encounters in the world map.. could use more human opponents.

VincentCraven

June 03, 2008, 09:00:13 am #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
:cry:

I pretty much breezed through ch1 on my second playthrough, but that mean archer with Concentrate...

I'm going to go in this time with a couple of sacrificial lambs (Rad and Lavian) and see how it goes.

Edit: Okay, that was waayyy too much luck.  I was able to invite 2 units on that battle.  The battles right after it (Arguay Woods, Zirekile Falls) were much easier in comparison.  Either that first battle is too hard or the other battles are too easy.

Kamikaze_Ice

June 03, 2008, 05:19:19 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kamikaze_Ice
any chance to get a full list of changes for the side-story battles for reis, beowulf and the like? i'd love to play up to where you get cloud with your new changes.

that little red dot at Goland Coal City keeps tempting me :( get like three people turned to stone or dead before i can attack.
/cry
back to trying another tactic :)

Archael

June 04, 2008, 12:50:59 am #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
lots of changes to colliery underground fights and Nelveska and Zarghidas

I still have to finish Deep Dungeon and random human enemy teams for world map, then beta time. im working as fast as I can and my other activities will allow.

Shade

June 08, 2008, 06:30:23 am #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Have to try some fights of this is the Adramelk. In old one with calcuators its was waayy too easy I mean come on I putted thme teleprt and they goed corners and from there they beat crap out of.
So does some body have save file before of this fight or close at this fight.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou