• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Zodiac Crisis

Started by Lydyn, May 16, 2008, 07:43:06 pm

Lydyn

May 16, 2008, 07:43:06 pm Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:29:30 pm by Lydyn
Zodiac Crisis

The point of this patch to just make a crazy, but fun (and playable) version of the original FFT game. If you have any suggestions, don't be shy to post them or just any comments on what you agree or disagree with. ^^

~Changes~

Abilities
• Most of the damage/healing parts of the forumlas are multiplied by 1.5
• Most of the percentage in the forumlas have +40 added to them.
• Some added status effects and/or elementals.
• All abilities (except excluded abilities) are at 100% Chance to Learn.
• Protect now casts Protect & Regen.
• Shell now casts Shell & Haste.
• Wall now casts Protect, Shell, & Regen.
• Haste/Haste 2 now casts Haste, Regen, & Reraise.
• Slow/Slow 2 now casts Slow & Darkness.
• Stop now casts Stop & Sleep.
• Regen now casts Regen & Shell.
• Reraise now casts Reraise, Protect, & Shell.

Items
• Most weapons have +2 WP.
• Chaos Blade was lowered to 30 WP.
• Faith Rod now heals and has a chance to cast faith (WP=20).
• Healing Staff has 40 WP.
• Bags have x2 WP.
• Shields have +2% PEv. and x2 MEv.
• Most clothing/armor has x1.5 HP, some few ones have x2 HP.
• All clothing/amor has x2 MP.
• Added Immunities/PA/MA/Speed/Move/Jump to all accessories.
• Potions heal 50 HP, Hi-Potions heal 100 HP, X-Potions heal 200 HP, Ethers heal 40 MP, & Hi-Ether heals 70 MP.
• Unchecked 'Rare' for all items.
• Axes now use forumla 04 like the elemental guns.
• Ninja Blades now use forumla 63 (SP*WP).
• Gave Thunder/Flame/Ice Rod forumla 1F (Dmg_[(100-CasF)*(100-TarF)*(MA+0)*MA/2]) and added possible status effects (Thunder has Don't Act, Ice has Sleep, & Flame has Petrify).
• Flame Rod is avaiable a little later on (after you kill Miluda).
• Mace of Zeus now has a 25% chance to cast Bolt 4.
• Sage Staff has a 25% chance to cast Titan.
• Dragon Rod has a 25% chance to cast Bahamut.
• Flail has a 25% chance to cast Slow.
• Flame Whip has a 25% chance to cast Fire 3.
• Morning Star has a 25% chance to cast Slow 2.
• Scorpion Tail has a 25% chance to cast Stop.
• Windlash Bow has a 25% chance to cast Gusty Wind.
• Wizard Staff and on have at least +2 MA.
• Ivory Rod now has forumla 06 (like the Blood Sword & Bloody Strings).
• Crossbows now have +1 Range and status effects.
• Windslash bow and up have +1 Range.
• Spears now cast spells and share the elemetnal of the spell.

Jobs
• Increased most HP growth values by 3.
• Increased most MP growth values by 3.
• Increased most Speed growth values by 20.
• Increased most PA growth values by 10.
• Increased most MA values by 10.
• Gave everyone innate Gained JP-UP & Gained EXP-UP.
• All classes (including monsters) have several unique combinations of status immunities.
• Squires can now use Ninja Blades, Katanas, Crossbows, Spears, & Shields.
• All classes can use Hair Adornments & Perfumes.
• Some classes can either absorb, helf, or are weak again elementals (higher tier).
• The Pig-Boar monsters are set up for when Sen is done with the Tonberry Sprites.
• Innates;
  • Squire: None
  • Chemist: Throw Item
  • Knight: Defend
  • Archer: Concentrate
  • Monk: Regen
  • Priest: Magic Defense Up
  • Wizard: Magic Attack Up
  • Time Mage: Short Charge
  • Summoner: Half of MP
  • Thief: Two Swords
  • Mediator: Monster Talk & Train
  • Oracle: Move-MP Up
  • Geomancer: Move on Water & Move on Lava
  • Lancer: Ignore Height
  • Samurai: Two Hands
  • Ninja: Two Swords & Any Ground
  • Calculator: Short Charge
  • Bard: Fly
  • Dancer: Fly
  • Mime: Martial Arts, Concentrate, & Defense Up

Job Levels
• Level 1: 500 JP
• Level 2: 800 JP
• Level 3: 1,100 JP
• Level 4: 1,400 JP
• Level 5: 1,700 JP
• Level 6: 2,000 JP
• Level 7: 2,300 JP
• Level 8: 9,999 JP

Skillsets[/u]
• Changed the order the skills appear here to help the AI decide which skills to get first.
• Basic Skill: Added Ultima (Level 1), took away Gained JP-UP, added Move-Get JP, Added Weapon Guard (now 10 JP).
• Battle Skill: Replaced the last four break skills with Ruin skills, Replaced Weapon Guard with Counter.
• Punch Arts: Removed Counter.
• Black Magic: Replaced Flare with All-Ultima.
• Time Magic: Removed Demi spells, added Galaxy Stop.
• Summon Magic: Replaced Lich with Midgar Zolom (which is learnable).
• Guts: Replaced Ultima (Level 1) with Ultima (Level 2).
• Mighty Sword: Added Stasis Sword & Lightning Stab
• Algus' Basic Skill: Replace Head & Armor Break with Power & Mind Ruin.
• Dark Sword: Added Scream.
• White-Aid (Zalmo's skillset): Added Magic Barrier & Deathspell 2.
• Battle Skill (Izule's Skillset): Replaced all his break skills with Mighty Sword skills & Ruin skills.
• Sword Spirit: Took away lesser skills and added Masamune.
• Magic Sword: Took away Drain.
• All Magic (48): Replaced Demi 2 with Life Drain and added Cure 4, Magic Barrier, Galaxy Stop & All-Ultima.
• Destroy Sword: Replaced Ruin skills with Stasis Sword, Split Punch, Shellbust Stab, & Blaster Punch.
• Talk Skill;
    • Invitation
    • Negotiate
    • Death Sentence
    • Cure 3
    • Cure 4
    • Wall
    • Reraise
    • Doubt Faith
    • Blind Rage
    • Foxbird
    • Confusion Song
    • Petrify
Ying-Yang Magic;
    • Cure 2
    • Cure 3
    • Protect 2
    • Shell 2
    • Blind
    • Spell Absorb
    • Pray Faith
    • Zombie
    • Silence Song
    • Dispel Magic
    • Paralyze
    • Sleep
Math Skill;
    • Cure 4
    • Frog
    • Haste 2
    • Fairy
    • Deathspell 2
    • Raise 2
    • Death
    • Slow 2
    • Silf
    • Zombie
    • Reraise
    • All-Ultima
    • Galaxy Stop
    • Cyclops
    • Petrify
    • Magic Barrier

Miscellaneous Changes
• Excluded Monster Skill so monsters many monsters have higher end abilities.
• It's possible to poach all of the rare items from certian monsters, like the Materia Blade or Grand Helmet.
• ENTD File changes to include more interesting battles. For example, changing Rad to a Knight and adding an Oracle into the first battle.

Lydyn

May 17, 2008, 06:09:03 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
There's a full list of changes as far as I know it now. ^^

Raijinili

May 17, 2008, 07:30:28 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Raijinili
How about making every ranged attack reflectable and giving everyone the innate status of Reflect?

Lydyn

May 17, 2008, 09:49:58 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
... why would I want to make all ranged attacks useless?

Raijinili

May 17, 2008, 11:36:21 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Raijinili
Why would I say "make all ranged attacks useless" in such a convoluted way? I'm not stupid just because you hate me.

No, this would make it so that all ranged things have to be reflected off of a unit to hit.

Asmo X

May 17, 2008, 11:39:38 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Also, that's the best suggestion I've heard yet for this "crazy" patch.

What happened to giving squires galaxy stop? I want to see that thrown in just to see how it would play out in the first battle with the cadets.

Lydyn

May 18, 2008, 12:06:50 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "Raijinili"Why would I say "make all ranged attacks useless" in such a convoluted way? I'm not stupid just because you hate me.

No, this would make it so that all ranged things have to be reflected off of a unit to hit.

I never said I hated you and I never said your stupid ... if your going to go there, I'll just ignore your remarks. The thing is that reflect is random. When something reflects, it chooses a random square to hit and ... that's the entire selection of square minus basically 16 (since that's the unit maximum for maps) ... and as far as I see it, it makes all ranged attacks practically useless. I'd never use ranged attacks and nor would the AI.

Squires having Galaxy Stop was just an example anyways. :P I want to make it crazy, but playable. It's no fun to keep losing on the first battle because all the enemies keep stopping you all the time or making it a breeze because you can stop them all the time. If you really want it, just ask me for the patch file and add it yourself if you want. *Shrug*

I'm just trying to make this crazy, but playable.

P.S. - Um, I assume you posted that Cloud sprite for a reason? Not saying you can't post it, but.. it was sort of random. Edit: Nevermind, I read in the news it's a glitch. ^^

Raijinili

May 18, 2008, 12:19:03 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Raijinili
I decided to leave that in because it was weird. I do plan on removing it at some point because it's disruptive.

Also:
>>>>
Reflectable spells bounce off a character with the 'Reflect'
condition and are redirected to another panel.  The new target panel of
the spell will at the end of a line segment drawn between caster and
target, where the target is the midpoint.  This is much easier to explain
with a diagram:
_|_|_|_|_|_|_
_|_|_|_|_|_|_    c = caster
_|_|_|_|_|r|_    t = target
_|_|_|t|_|_|_    r = new target panel for reflected spell
_|c|_|_|_|_|_
_|_|_|_|_|_|_
<<<<

Lydyn

May 18, 2008, 12:24:20 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
The main problem still being that the AI won't use any ranged attacks for that reason ... so, while it's a interesting suggestion, it's not something I'm including. ^^

Raijinili

May 18, 2008, 03:40:07 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Raijinili
The AI knows how to reflect things.

On another note, this is a case of me failing to apply Hanlon's razor, but in this case it's ignorance rather than stupidity.

And no, this isn't me insulting Lyndyn, it's me admitting that I was wrong.

VincentCraven

May 18, 2008, 08:04:45 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
If the AI would use Reflect (or just ignore that it exists at all) then I'm all for it.

You could also make a very basic weapon, like a dagger, add frog 100% of the time.

Perhaps instead of a battle with 11monks you have a battle of 11chickens (Auto-Chicken on one particular job).

You may also consider making a class with non-charge and very low MA for some crazy Meteor action. Like Calculator?
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Lydyn

May 18, 2008, 02:15:27 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I don't know how to make the AI work ... all I know is that if the AI regonizes that someone has reflect, they stop casting magic on them. If someone figures it out, I can make two versions. There's people who's want that like you guys and people who wouldn't - like me.

Again with the Frog, I'd make it a seperate cast if anything, but Nagrarock is unchecked as rare so it's sort of repeative. I can make Nagrarock have like a level 5 enemy level? Like I mentioned eariler, I want it crazier than normal, but also playable. Getting everyone frogged pretty much makes you win or lose. :P

VincentCraven

May 19, 2008, 06:01:27 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Well you really should make the patch designed for you if there is a divergence of interest.

A Tonberry battle would be much less ridiculous, so go with that.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

McCracker1

May 19, 2008, 07:31:02 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by McCracker1
mmmm chicken.... anywho It looks pretty crazy so far a full out tonberry battle would be crazy
make raise 2 cast haste protect and shell

Lydyn

May 19, 2008, 09:23:01 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "McCracker1"mmmm chicken.... anywho It looks pretty crazy so far a full out tonberry battle would be crazy
make raise 2 cast haste protect and shell

Can't make Raise 2 cast anything, since you can only inflict or cancel status effects.

As for designing the patch for me, I kind of am and kind of not. Basically, there's things I really don't want to do such as making ranged attack reflectable for numerous reasons. I guess it's more I'm asking for suggestions, so it's not 100% sure I'll apply the suggestion. *Shrug*

Oh, and there will be full-out Tonberry battles. I already set the general growths for them and they're much more extreme than most monsters - period. ^^

McCracker1

May 19, 2008, 11:50:53 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by McCracker1
nice what are are setting for thier skillset because he's gotta just shank you for a one hit KO

Lydyn

May 20, 2008, 12:19:13 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "McCracker1"nice what are are setting for thier skillset because he's gotta just shank you for a one hit KO

Not sure yet. I'm still going through ENTD edits. :P

Raijinili

May 20, 2008, 01:05:19 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Raijinili
I'm not actively supporting all-reflected. I thought it was a fitting suggestion for a "crazy" patch.

However, why don't you want things to be reflectable?

Lydyn

May 20, 2008, 01:08:32 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
It's difficult to do and I'm not exactly trying to make it super difficult, not to mention the AI wouldn't do it ... thus making it entirely useless to have enemy wizards and archers and making others less effective.

Armorvil

May 20, 2008, 05:17:02 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Armorvil
The AI does make use of Reflect. In my patch, I witnessed some really interesting actions. Example :

1) a summoner casts Carbunkle on an enemy thief
2) the thief moves next to Agrias
3) a wizard moves next to the thief so that the three of them form a single line, and then casts an elemental spell on the thief (or Agrias).
4) thanks to the fact the spell bounces off from the thief to Agrias, she took two consecutive hits from a single elemental spell - effectively killing her. I was like  :lol: