• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:15:13 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics: A New Adventure

Started by Oddeye666, July 01, 2009, 07:48:35 pm

Oddeye666

July 01, 2009, 07:48:35 pm Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:21:03 am by Oddeye666
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V1GWT0TN

This patch is focused on balancing and making things more fun.  I will not lie I did to take lots of ideas from 1.3, but I've added in enough of my own ideas to make it worth while I think anyway right now I only have files for the PSP.  If anyone needs "alternate" means of getting this please feel free to email me at: mailto:alexbharmon@gmail.com">alexbharmon@gmail.com

Anyway here is a list of the changes also about 95% of the text accurately reflects the changes made.

Job Class requirements:

Squire-None

Chemist-None

Red Mage- None

Thief-None

W. Mage- Chemist Lv. 2

B. Mage- Red Mage Lv. 2

Summoner- B. Mage Lv.3

Time Mage- W. Mage Lv3

Sage- B. Mage Lv.4, W. Mage Lv.4, Summoner Lv.3, Time Mage Lv.3

Knight- Squire Lv. 6

Templar- Knight Lv.4, Red Mage Lv. 4

Crusader (Male only)- Knight Lv.6, W. Mage Lv.6

Assassin (Female only) - Red Mage Lv.4, Archer Lv. 2, Squire Lv. 2

Ninja -Thief Lv. 6

Archer -Thief Lv.2

Geomancer- Monk Lv.4, Archer Lv.2  Red Mage Lv. 2

Monk- Squire Lv.2

Dragoon- Squire Lv.4, Monk Lv.2, Archer Lv.2, Thief Lv.2

Samurai- Squire Lv.4, Monk Lv.2, Mystic Lv.2

Mime- Every Class (except Holy Warrior, Assassin, and Dark Knight) at Lv.6

Dark Knight- Master Knight, Master B. Mage

Onion Knight- Squire Lv.6, Chemist Lv.6

Squire
Equips: Can now equip Shields, Lances, Crossbows, and Guns in addition to its regular equips
Innate: Safeguard
Expanded Skillset

Chemist
Can now equip Crossbows

Red Mage
Can now equip Sword and Instruments
Innate: Swiftness, Halve MP
Red Magick

Thief
Can now equip Ninja Blades, Guns, Crossbows,and Clothes
Innate: Treasure Hunter, Beast Tongue
Skillset expanded

Knight
Equips: Lances, Flails, and Fell Swords
Innate: Defense Boost
Rend Helm, Armor, Weapon, and Shield are now ranged with a very fast charge time. The Ruin spells are added, and also has Sanguine Blade and Statis Sword

Archer
Equips: Knife
Innate: Concentration
Skillset expanded

Monk
Added Suffocate to the skillset

W. Mage
Equips: Flail, Instrument, and Books
Innate: Arcane Defense

B. Mage
Can now equip knives
Innate: Arcane Strength
Added Unholy Darkness to the skillset

Time Mage
Innate: Swiftness
Can now equip instruments.

Summoner
Innate: HalveMP
Can now equip Swords

Templar (or Orator)
Can now equip swords, knight swords, rod, pole, shields, and helmets. Can no longer equip guns
Innate: Tame
Completely revamped skillset it is the same as the original Templar's skillset

Geomancer
Can now equip Knife, Rod, Staves, Crossbow, Bow, Instrument, Book, Pole, and Cloth. Can no longer equip Axes
Innate: Move on Lava, Any Weather

Dragoon
Can now equip knives and Swords
Innate: Arcane Defense

Samurai
Can now equip knives, Bows, Lances
Innate: Double hand

Ninja
Can now equip Crossbows

Sage (replaced Arithemetician)
Can now equip knives, Books, Staves and Rod
Innate: Manafont
Skillset: Invigoration, Empowerment, Curaga, Meltdown, Quake, Flareja, Gravija, Nanoflare, Midgarswarm, Poisonous Frog, Faerie, Energize

Crusader (replaced Bard)
Equips: Swords, Knight Swords,  Armor, Hats, Clothing, and Robes
Skillset: Holysword skillset plus Steel, Chant, Praise, Preach, Crush Weapon, Crush Helm, and Vengeance

Assassin (replaced Dancer)
Equips: Katanas, Ninja Swords
Innate: Dual Wield, Beast Tongue
Skillset: Embrace, Aphony, Aegis, Ultima, Charm, Vampire, Entice, Enlighten, Intimidate, Condemn, Induration, Mincing Minuet, Life's Anthem, Chant

Dark Knight
Skillset: Normal skillset plus Trepidation, Crush Armor, Crush Accessory, Vengeance, and Condemn

Special Characters

Ch.1 Ramza
More Equips
Innate: Brawler

Ch. 2&3 Ramza
More Equips
Innate: Swiftness, Brawler

Ch. 4 Ramza
More Equips
Innate: Swiftness, Brawler

Sword Saint
Can now equip Fellswords
Innate: Fly

Skyseer

Malak
Innate: Dual Wield

Agrias
Innate: Concentration

Beowulf
Innate: Doublehand, Swiftness, Safeguard

Demonic Knight
Innate: Doublehand, Swiftness, HP Boost

Meliadoul
Innate: Parry

Other Notes:
Swordskills do not require Swords, and Limit does not required the Materia Blade

All daggers now add +1 speed

Sword Skills are now evadable

Monsters are a whole lot tougher

Try using the Rend Helmet, Rend Armor, Rend Weapon, or Rend
Accessory Skills to see something interesting

Some sprites look different in formation then they do in battle

Energize is on the Sage, Automaton, and Ch. 4 Ramza skillset. Energize now increases health to 100% butcan only target the caster and only works when the caster is in critical status.

Steel works the same as energize except it only increases health by 33% and can be used on anyone within range of the caster. Again only works on units in critical.

Chant now has a range of like 3 or 4

Faerie now revives the dead.

All Knight Swords and Fell Swords are forced two handed, also WP was drastically lowered.

Materia Blade now has 14 WP and +3 MA

Dragon Rod now has 20 WP

Zeus Mace now increases speed by 2 and MA by 1

Staff of the Magi WP=10 and will randomly petrify enemy.

Stoneshooter WP=13

Xbows and Bows all have had WP boosts

Gengi Shield, Armor, and Helmet all give +1 Pa and + 1MA

Helms and Armor now all give more HP

Green Beret now gives +2 Speed 90 HP and 40 MP

Black Cowl gives +3 MA 70 HP and 70 MP

Thieves cap now only gives 40 HP

Carabiner Armor now gives +1 Speed

Circlet now gives + 1 MA

Brigadine now has +140 HP and 60 MP and comes with Innate Reraise and permanent regen.

Ninja Gear now gives 80 HO

Lordly Robes give +2 MA, HP+ 130 and MP + 80 and Permanent Shell

Angel Ring now absorbs all elements

Magick Ring now grants + 1 speed and innate Haste

Maximillian now gives 200 HP and +2 PA and Permanent Protect

Moonblade now has 15 WP and gives Permanent Haste

Nirvana now has 30 WP and heals on hit

Dreamwaker has chance of putting opponent to sleep on hit

Stardust rod now randomly casts Demi on hit

Grand Armor now like Brigadine and Brave Suit in that it only has innate Reraise and Permanent Regen

Minerva Bustier now gives +3 MA and + 20 HP

Mirage Vest now gives 3 Speed points and +10 HP

Sage's Robe now the same as Minervia Bustier except it gives 150 MP

Sage's Ring now grants 100% magick evasion

Spiked Boots give +2 Movement now
Rare Poach for the Wisenkin is the Platinum Sword
Minotaur  common poach is now Nagnarock
Marlbro common drop is Sasuke's Blade and the rare drop is Kodachi
Ochu common drop is Morning Star and the rare drop is Nagnarock
Greater Marlbro common drop is the Gengi Glove and the rare drop is Osafune
Behemoth common drop is Magick Ring and rare drop is Black Cowl
Behemoth King common drop is Zeus Mace
Dark Behemoth common drop is Brigadine
Dragon common drop is Green Beret and rare drop is Materia Blade

There may be some other minor changes, but this is mostly it.  If anyone would like to have the growth and multiplier changes feel free to email me.

philsov

July 01, 2009, 11:10:53 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
did you make any entd modifications?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

DarthPaul

July 01, 2009, 11:33:25 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
.......Don't call it FFT Perfect. Nothing is perfect, and I am not fond of superiority complexes.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Asmo X

July 02, 2009, 12:24:50 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
lol "perfect".

Oddeye666

July 02, 2009, 12:38:12 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Oddeye666
Lots of entd modifications, but I didn't mention those because I kinda wanted them to be a surprise.  Almost every story battle has been modified.  Also I was gonna call it complete, but that name was already taken so I settled on perfect because it took me a while to perfect the process of getting the text, sprite, and game edits to all work perfectly in fact I have been working on this since about last year.  I'm not trying to be superior, but I would be so bold to say that while my project is not as extensive as some of the others out there it is completely done... which is more than a lot of the other projects can say.  Anyway guys I'd appreciate if some people could at least try it, and tell me what you think.

Xifanie

July 02, 2009, 01:12:56 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
You should still be more creative because "perfect" sucks.

And also don't upload on megaupload, it fucking sucks; just like any other file sharing website. Just add the patch as an attachment to your post.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

akwikone

July 02, 2009, 02:51:21 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
QuoteSword Saint
Can now equip Fellswords
Innate: Fly

what's the point?

I mean it's makes no sence, at all, why would a full trained warrior of the sword, know the magical art of flying???

DarthPaul

July 02, 2009, 03:22:43 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
FFT Extreme...

IT'S A TRAP!!!
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Oddeye666

July 02, 2009, 04:04:27 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Oddeye666
I added an attachment(Sorry I'm new here.)  Also I added Fly to make Orlandeau fit in with how I see him more.  He is the end all be all in terms of sword users so much so that he is nick named "Thunder God Cid"  This nick name to me implies that while he is an expert swordsman he is more than that he is a character that seems to rise above a beyond those around him in most things that he does.  In this patch a balanced out his skills as well as his attacks so that he is not the same all powerful character he was before, but still a very useful ally that is maneuverable in all sorts of situations.  Need some well grounded support throw Orlandeau Red Magicks, need some extra fire power boost his MA and give him Spirit Sword(Iaido).  This maneuverability of the class led me to try and think of an innate skill that would reflect this so I came up with Fly as his innate skill.  

Also I named it extreme because I did not know what else I should call it my runner up names were: Final Fantasy Tactics: Cookies and Cream Edition OR Final Fantasy Tactics: Fun Hack.

Anyway I really do encourage you all to try it before you criticize it this is my first time on this board, and you all seem very critical of something you havn't tried.

philsov

July 02, 2009, 09:30:06 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
is this compatible with the psx version?  

can you be awesome enough to create a ppf of your files for easy patching?

Asmo X

July 02, 2009, 09:40:42 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
When you write "innate haste" is that the same as "permanent haste"? Because I'm pretty sure having permanent haste on an item was well established to be a bad idea balance-wise.

Oddeye666

July 02, 2009, 10:20:40 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Oddeye666
No, it means initial sorry I put the wrong thing I will edit it too make it correct.  Also sorry I havn't translated it to PSX yet.  If its popular enough I probably will.  Also sorry I have no idea how to make it a ppf.

Asmo X

July 02, 2009, 11:10:31 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I don't get your geomancer changes. Why can it equip all of that shit and fly?

philsov

July 02, 2009, 12:38:35 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
you use a program called ppf studio.  it condenses all changes into a single file that easy to patch.

Oddeye666

July 02, 2009, 03:53:48 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Oddeye666
I gave Geomancer the new equips to further diversify his equip options.  Also that was a typo he has Move on Lave, and Any Weather

Smitson

July 02, 2009, 07:32:31 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
I'll try this out tonight I guess.

not psp master

July 03, 2009, 05:40:01 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by not psp master
Good, good... For PSP, yeah? Sounds great to me. I'm not the only one who hacks WOtL!!
I wonder... Is it really a good idea to have Red Mage from the beginning? Also, I'd make a green mage. And bullets. But that's only my opinion, of course. Anyway, good job!

Dome

July 03, 2009, 06:14:19 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "not psp master"And bullets
This is called idea stealing...
Btw, this patch is only for psp or also for psx?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Shade

July 03, 2009, 06:44:22 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
I think there was also same named patch before this, but not on this site.
Just put on youtube final fantasy tactics extreme. It looks harder then 1.3
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Oddeye666

July 03, 2009, 10:24:12 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Oddeye666
I changed the name because there is already a Final Fantasy Tactics Extreme.  Anyway yeah Red Mage's rock at first, but after about Chapter 2 they kind of just become a carrier job class.  Also I think I forgot to throw this in there Luso skillset is now that of a Blue Mage.