• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:40:39 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Patch Proposals/Ideas Thread

Started by Dominic NY18, February 14, 2009, 01:59:21 pm

Akai

March 22, 2009, 10:49:05 am #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Akai
Aye, like I said, I'm a pretty good spriter, just never worked with FFT sprites before. My biggest concern is hacking it properly, though looking how different FFT and FFTA sprites work, looks like I've plenty of work to do. *Pushes his hat forward* Alright, time to get to work!

Cheetah

March 22, 2009, 12:46:14 pm #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Well Akai if you can back this idea up with sprites to boot then sounds like you could have a pretty sweet project going.
Current Projects:

Oblivion

March 22, 2009, 03:32:46 pm #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
I plan on doing this as soon as I am able to edit the names of jobs, abilities, weapons, items, descriptions, etc. that appear in the game.

Jobs

All the jobs that are available in WOTL but some with new sprites and changes to their names and abilites.

Job List

Cadet: Ramza's Chapter 1 Squire Job
Mercenary: Ramza's Chapter 2 & 3 Squire Job
Heretic: Ramza's Chapter 4 Squire Job
Recruit: Delita's Squire Job
Paladin: Delita's Holy Knight Job
King: Delita's Ark Knight Job
Guard: Argath's Squire Job
Sentinel: Zalbaag's Ark Knight Job
Spellblade: Dycedarg's Rune Knight Job
Lord of Blades: Orlandeau's Sword Saint Job
Fallen One: Gaffgarion's Fell Knight Job
Khamja: Rapha's Skyseer Job and Marach's Netherseer Job
Gunner: Mustadio's Machinist Job
Maquis Of Limberry: Elmdore's Ark Knight Job
Guardian: Agrias's Holy Knight Job
Corpse Brigade: Wiegraf's White Knight Job
Knights Templar: The Knights Templar Job (Cletienne, Isilud, Barich, Wiegraf, Folmarv, & Loffrey)
Berserker: Meliadoul's Divine Knight Job
Servant of Zalera: Celia and Lettie's Assassin Job
Priest: White Mage Job
Wizard: Black Mage Job
Druid: Mystic Job
Ranger: Archer Job
Martial Artist: Monk Job
Sorceror: Time Mage Job
Soothsayer (maybe...any suggestions?):Orator Job
Mimic: Mime Job
Lanista: Dark Knight Job
Hunter or Trickster (undecided...any suggetstions?): Luso's Game Hunter Job
Death Eater: Argath's Death Knight Job
Magic Knight: Beowulf's and Aliste's Templar Job
Weapon Master: Onion Knight Job

That's it so far. Updates will come soon. If anyone has any suggestions post them here. I accept criticism but no flaming, please.
"A little sport before dying, dear boy?"

Skip Sandwich

March 24, 2009, 01:48:35 pm #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
this idea is inspired by Razele's hacks that allow equipment to modify stat growth and multipliers, a free multiclass patch, where all classes have neutral growth in all areas, so something like the following: 10 HPC, 10 MPC, 50 PAC, 50 MAC, 100 SPC.
Equipment and equipment set ups would be the main focus of the patch, hacking wise, with care taken to give each and every item purpose, until at least the end of the chapter it can be acquired. I'm thinking 9 total weapons and armors of each type should be sufficient, with the first 7 of each group being store bought, 1 rare poach only, and 1 move-find/steal only (1-of-a-kind). Some weapon types will have to be dropped in order to make room for extra weapons, I'd lean towards dropping Flails, Harps, Silks, Poles, Rods and Bags.

some proposed specifics for item growth/multiplier impact
Assumptions for initial calculation
HP=MP
PA=MA
2 points of HP/MP growth are worth 10 points of PA/MA growth, or 5 points of SP growth
HP/MP multipliers are equal to -10 x the growth modifier
PA/MA multipliers are equal to -2 x the growth modifier
SP multipliers are equal to -1 x the growth modifier

Armor: HPC -2, HPM +20, MPC +2, MPM -20
Helms: HPC -1, HPM +10, MPC +1, MPM -10
Clothes: no change to multipliers or growths
Hats: MPC -1, MPM +10, HPC +1, HPM -10
Robes: MPC -2, MPM +20, HPC +2, HPM -20

Weapons

Knives:  HPC +2, HPM -20, PAC +10, PAM -20, SPC -10, SPM +10
   Ninja Swords: HPC +1, HPM -10, PAC +5, PAM -10, SPC -5, SPM +5
   Swords: PAC -5, PAM +10, MAC +5, MAM -10
   Knight Swords: PAC -10, PAM +20, MAC +10, MAM -20
   Axes: PAC -15, PAM +20, MAC +10, MAM -20, HPC -2, HPM +20, SPC +5, SPM -5
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

SilvasRuin

March 24, 2009, 03:18:40 pm #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
To ehrgeiz20:

You misspelled Marquis.  You left the R out.  Just figured typos are best caught early.
Wizard, Priest, Druid, and Sorceror... do you plan on changing them quite a bit?  I could see them keeping the same exact abilities, especially since Wizard and Priest were their original translations.

What is Ranger going to be?  Adding swords or just daggers?  It's got to have more differences to Archers than the FFTA(2) Hunters and Snipers with that name.

Soothsayer would likely keep Condemn and maybe the ability 1.3 made Reraise.  Presumably it would be about predictions and time.  I could see Mystic type status abilities and something like Reflexes or Shirahadori for reaction as they would see the attack coming.

Are you eating Ninjas and Geomancers for Lanistas and Weapon Masters?  What about Dragoons?  Even if you centered your patch around WOTL, I don't believe you can allow the Onion Knights to use abilities that aren't innate.

Lanistas were absolutely horrible in FFTA2.  PLEASE tell me you're not going to try mimicking them.

I would prefer Hunter over Trickster, but with Gunner and Ranger, what hunter-oriented skills would be left?  It seems to me that "Game Hunter" is more a reference to a merc that targets FFXII type Marks rather than a traditional Hunter, so if you want to make him more like his backstory would suggest, he'd probably be something in between a merc and a Hunter.

Why call him a Death Eater?  Just for the sake of changing the name?  Same question for Magic Knight.  Do you intend to change anything?

What is supposed to make Weapon Master useful instead of the garbage that Onion Knight is in vanilla?  What do you plan to change?

FFMaster

March 24, 2009, 07:31:06 pm #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Hard Mode patch

Original topic
http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2572

QuoteI've been thinking about this for a little while now. The patch is fairly hard right now, but I want to push difficulty to its limits (without it being impossible). Of course the battles at the start will be easier than the ones in Chapter 4, but almost all battles will have a difficulty increase.

What I am thinking
-"Hard Mode" starts from Dorter Trade City
-Enemy have more levels, and better R/S/M than they have right now
-Team combo's will be used by the enemy (Bard + MP Switch and strategies like that)
-More special units (White Knights, Lune Knights, Heaven/Hell Knights, etc.) will be in battles
-More rare equipment will be on enemies (some stealable, some not)
-Better Brave/Faith (not random) for all enemies
-Monsters/generics will be mixed into story battles

I just want to know if there would be enough people willing to play this kind of patch.

Right now, I am planning to use 1.3 as a base, with major edits.

Suggestions/ideas appeciated. Posting here since I don't want to further clutter the New Projects section.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Archael

March 24, 2009, 07:38:13 pm #86 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "FFMaster"Suggestions/ideas appeciated.

Razele has some ASM hacks that give EVERY enemy (not just specials) Innate DEFENSE UP / MDEFUP

definitely use those

Oblivion

March 25, 2009, 01:26:28 am #87 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"To ehrgeiz20:

You misspelled Marquis.  You left the R out.  Just figured typos are best caught early.
Wizard, Priest, Druid, and Sorceror... do you plan on changing them quite a bit?  I could see them keeping the same exact abilities, especially since Wizard and Priest were their original translations.

What is Ranger going to be?  Adding swords or just daggers?  It's got to have more differences to Archers than the FFTA(2) Hunters and Snipers with that name.

Soothsayer would likely keep Condemn and maybe the ability 1.3 made Reraise.  Presumably it would be about predictions and time.  I could see Mystic type status abilities and something like Reflexes or Shirahadori for reaction as they would see the attack coming.

Are you eating Ninjas and Geomancers for Lanistas and Weapon Masters?  What about Dragoons?  Even if you centered your patch around WOTL, I don't believe you can allow the Onion Knights to use abilities that aren't innate.

Lanistas were absolutely horrible in FFTA2.  PLEASE tell me you're not going to try mimicking them.

I would prefer Hunter over Trickster, but with Gunner and Ranger, what hunter-oriented skills would be left?  It seems to me that "Game Hunter" is more a reference to a merc that targets FFXII type Marks rather than a traditional Hunter, so if you want to make him more like his backstory would suggest, he'd probably be something in between a merc and a Hunter.

Why call him a Death Eater?  Just for the sake of changing the name?  Same question for Magic Knight.  Do you intend to change anything?

What is supposed to make Weapon Master useful instead of the garbage that Onion Knight is in vanilla?  What do you plan to change?

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll be sure to spell Marquis correctly.

Please note that the fights in my patch are going to be hard.

The Wizard job is going to have access attack, status, and time magicks but more attacking magicks than the rest. It will not have access to the level 4 spells Firaja, Blizzaja, and Thundaja. They also cannot use Flare and Death, but now have higher magick attack/defense, evasion, and speed. The Priest job will have access to support, status, and time magicks. Priest's cannot use Holy and Curaja anymore but now have higher weapon/magick defense, evasion, and speed. The Druid job is going to have access to status and time magicks. Druid's have higher weapon attack, seeing as it has access to decent attacking weapons (this was done to make the job better). It als gets a speed and evasion boost. The Sorceror job is the ultimate magician now. Having access to the time magicks not in use by the other jobs, plus the ultimate spells Flare, Holy, Firaja, Thundaja, Blizzaja, and Curaja. They can also use Ultima (Ramza's Version). This job gets a huge speed, evasion, and magick attack boost.

The Ranger Job is going to have Poach as an innate ability and will have quicker charge times. It is going to have access to bow, crossbows, knives, and guns. Concentrate is going to cost more job points.

As of right now, the Soothsayer job is basically aand Orator renamed. But I will fix that soon.

Ninjas and Geomancers are still in the game. Lanistas and Weapon Masters will not be replacing anything. Weapon Masters are going to be ten times better than the Onion Knight (lame name) job. They will be able to dual-wield any weapon and (if you want) any shield. Lanistas are going to have access to the Death spell as well as other "evil" abilities that usually would only be used by enemies.

Yes, I agree. Lanistas sucked ass in FFTA2. I am not mimicking the job. My Lanista is going to receive a huge weapon attack boost, but lower weapon defense (the HP and MP drain skills they have make up for that).

I like your suggestions. I'll base Luso (he's a Game Hunter) more off of his back story and give him a whole new skill set. Gunner is just a rename of Machinist. Aside from during the storyline, Mustadio never does anything machine related. Maybe I'll give him more. Ranger is explained above, but I wil alter it more.

Argath's Death Eater Job is going to be a helluvalot better and harder to beat. I wanted him to be more like he is in the link battle where you fight multiple Argaths. He's going to have a new skillset and better stats. I want he battle to be epic. He's going to have Vampire and other "evil" attacks. I decided to leave Bowulf and Aliste alone for now but that will change soon enough.

Weapon Masters are going to have two skillsets (if possible). They are going to be a lot of good abilities from around the game. I'm also going to boost stats. To keep it similar to Onion Knight, it gets better when all jobs are mastered... a lot better.

Anymore questions, comments, or suggestions?

Let me know.

Btw, if anyone wants to help, don't hesitate to ask. I need a spriter to help me with (you guessed it) spriting.

Did I mention that the fight with Argath is going to be harder than the final boss? He's going to be accompanied by other bad guys killed in the game (Wiegraf and Miluda are there, as well as Gaffgarion).

Sprites I need (as of now):

Sorceror Job (getting rid of Time Mage Sprite)
Undead Wiegraf
Undead Miluda
Undead Gaffgarion

Anyone want to help, let me know.

I wuz gonna say somthin else, but i forgot... (bad habit) :?

SilvasRuin

March 25, 2009, 02:45:17 am #88 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I don't see how you'll be able to do Weapon Masters.  I am under the impression that there currently isn't a way known to allow Onion Knights and Mimes to use abilities, so if you use Onion Knights as the base for Weapon Masters, then they presumably wouldn't be able to equip any abilities either without another hacking breakthrough, and I don't think ASM hacking cuts it for WOTL.

You'll need to remove abilities such as Equip Gun, Equip Crossbow, and other similar abilities AND Dual Wield, otherwise you would get dual pistol Orators, dual bow archers, and so on unless you somehow give Weapon Masters some very complicated coding.  Dual Wielding bows is bizarre anyways.  Dual Wielding any weapon probably isn't the best route to go with them.

You still haven't mentioned Dragoon, Summoner, and Samurai.  What about them?  You can't just add jobs to the wheel (at least, as it is now), and Onion Knight probably can't be altered all that much beyond stat multipliers, movement and jump, and innate support abilities.  

To give it two skillsets, you'd have to not give it one of its own and then turn Defend or something into a skill menu, which is a hack that's not been done yet.  Even then, I'm not sure you could make one for each job, and there's no telling how it will work if and when such an ASM hack is made.  Even if such a thing became possible, how in the world would you stop those support abilities granting an extra skillset from being able to be used in other jobs to wind up with a total of three skillsets?

Perhaps I misunderstood though.  Two unique skillsets maybe?  I suppose Defend could be turned into a skill menu eventually (I think I recall such a possibility being mentioned in one of the ASM hacking threads) and only appear as an innate support ability...  Of course then they could equip a second skillset from another job that way and wind up with three.

I've been toying with a significantly changed job tree myself, and I've almost ironed out a concept for it all that I really like.  After figuring out what classes I wanted and what purpose I wanted them to serve, I wound up with two leftovers.  I decided to take the Onion Knight/Weapon Master route, which is where this becomes relevant.  Instead of trying to make funny limitations or attempting to give them a ton of unique abilities, I figured I would give one the best support abilities for raw power as innate abilities and the other for spellcasting (and surviving through charging them).  I decided to give neither of them abilities.  The idea is that between their stats and innate abilities, the physical oriented one would be the best job for any physical oriented skillset and the magic oriented one would be the best job for any magic oriented skillset.  What's the catch?  They have no skillset of their own and thus can't use skills from two jobs.  They likely wind up the best at whatever you choose to use them for, but they cannot match the versatility that the "normal" jobs have.  Maybe that inspires you.  Maybe you like that idea as is.  Maybe you hate the idea.  The point of relating my concept was to try and help stimulate ideas.

Where and when is the Argath fight supposed to occur?  Are you changing it to an optional battle?

Your Lanistas sound almost like the FFX-2 Dark Knights.  You haven't given all that many details so far though, so that's only a guess.  If they are, I approve.  I know that game isn't universally popular, but I feel it has the most fleshed out Dark Knight class the games have had yet other than the pathetic Lanistas of FFTA2 and FFXI which I know next to nothing about.  Hm... that just gave me an ability idea for my stuff.

What's the point of giving the Sorcerers Ultima when they are also being given Flare?  Are you going with 1.3's Ultima?  I only see it being used by them when they don't have time to charge a longer spell.

Who's going to get what Time Magic?  Are Sorcerers going to be given Meteor along with the tier four spells?

Are you planning on changing Ramza's abilities?  Is Sorcerer's ultima going to be "blue magic" only?  What about normal Squires and Chemists?

If I may, Seer and Parivir are the jobs that stand out in my mind as the signature Human jobs from FFTA2.  Perhaps you could make Luso a variation or combination of the two.  Or just pick one for him and ditch the other.  Magick Frenzy might be difficult to emulate though.  You could instead opt for mimicking some setup from FFTXII or the hero characters from Revenant Wings.  The international version of FFXII has a job system of sorts that could have some interesting setups to choose from to emulate.

Ranger still sounds like a Hunter to me, only with the addition of guns.  I take some of your comments to mean you plan on changing their skillset.  Until you do, just giving them two more weapon types and innate Poach doesn't sound like to me like it is different from Archer enough to warrant a significant change in name.  Hunter to me is only very slightly different from Archer in meaning, as far as this series goes, thus the description sounding more like a Hunter than Ranger.

Oblivion

March 26, 2009, 05:00:37 pm #89 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
to silvasruin:

i'm working on a "demo" version of my patch showing some of the changes. it'll be easier to answer questions by showing you.

i like the seer/parivir idea. i just might do that. good idea silvas.

Zuka

March 28, 2009, 11:01:15 am #90 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Allright, well, I'll be abandoning the Zombies patch, despite the fact when I posted in here no one said a thing (maybe 1 reply) and when I posted it's own thread I got a TON of feedback, But hey, it's cool, I'm just not going to worry about new patches...

VincentCraven

March 28, 2009, 11:34:06 am #91 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
It's not just a matter of feedback

It's also a matter of getting done what you want to do, and having people interested in playing the patch.  If you are dependent on feedback to getting anything published, chances are you'll stop making it when the newness factor wears off.

Once you actually have something made for people to look at, then your potential fans will have a stronger position in what they feel about your patch.  That, and you'll get a better idea of whether or not you want to go through with the whole process.  But if you don't really feel like making the patch anymore that's cool too.  I rarely play any patches that have anything short of a complete overhaul, so I probably wouldn't care whether you had something or not.

I've been at the computer too long....
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Asmo X

March 28, 2009, 12:07:41 pm #92 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Here's what you wrote about your idea in this thread:

Quote|| Edit || I do think just making all new items would be a better idea. however, I'm actually going to start work on a zombocalypse patch, anyone interested in the idea? I mean, interested enough so i should start a thread?

Wow sign me the fuck up!

Also, no one cares if you aren't making patches.

Kokojo

March 28, 2009, 01:07:23 pm #93 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Zuka, don't abbadon, just get something good done, not just ideas. At first when i started The call of power, i din't have any feedback, but at first as i provided people something to see, i got a lot of comments. A great elaboration comes with some feedback. But on a story, all your ideas, but include something for people.

Also, join the chat, i got most of my ideas there.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Cheetah

March 29, 2009, 05:33:00 pm #94 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
That is some really good advice you gave Kokojo.

It is sad that this thread is so quiet, when in reality it should be one of the busiest on the forum.
Current Projects:

Asmo X

March 29, 2009, 11:37:53 pm #95 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Seems pretty active to me. Seems like the amount of feedback a project is getting is commensurate with how interesting it is. I still really dig Koko's boss rush idea. Let's talk more about that. Should there be new sprites or would it be easier to modify sprites from other sources similar to what SB did for SoR? Also, how many stages should there be and which maps would be the best? Is there shopping? How many units should you get?

Shade

March 30, 2009, 12:22:01 am #96 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
I would guess five units, Place where the fights are that you can chooce a battle like DD. From Maps and number of them I don't know.

Thse were quesses.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Asmo X

March 30, 2009, 01:00:31 am #97 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
5 still sounds like way too much if you aren't going against a whole team. 3 would be better. 4 max. I don't know if it's possible to use other maps in the DD. That would be good. What if all the maps were in cities? It would sort of be like Ghostbusters. You'd have to go and eliminate monsters from streets, libraries, churches etc etc.

Shade

March 30, 2009, 01:02:20 am #98 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
lol that's great damm Idea.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Kokojo

March 30, 2009, 01:37:03 am #99 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
From what i've done for the boss pacth, it is mostly :

King : Oh no, ive put some EVIL butter over my crumpet ! The kingdom is doomed!
Vilain : Hahaha, i am the evil buttermaster ! Fear my minions that will corrupt your cities!
Hero : Never fear for i am here!
*Hero chooses from 16 random generics, he can take them all, but only 4 can fight*
Hero : Now i can battle those monster, rawr.
Vilain: Nooo!

Yes, all battle should be in cities, and this would be an easy thing to do, minus the skill. If someone starts the FFTpacther editing, il do all events no problems, since it's really easy. Sprites could be a bigger problem... but we could overcome this, i think monster editing is easier.

We should make this the first co-up pacth. (Cheetah, Voldemort, and the community for ideas, Voldemort for FFTpacther, me for events, and so on and so forth...) I swear if we get on it, this could be done in less than 2 months withouth any problem.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.