• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:33:19 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Patch Proposals/Ideas Thread

Started by Dominic NY18, February 14, 2009, 01:59:21 pm

Vanya

February 24, 2009, 03:02:15 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
That wouldn't be any problem at all. ^_^
What I'd love to do in the long run is a tactics remake of FF1 with a new overworld & maps.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Celdia

February 24, 2009, 04:39:35 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Celdia
While I'm sure that would be very interesting, that's definitely more than a simple little patch. Though one patch that leads to another then to another...well, building it once functioning piece at a time certainly wouldn't be a bad way to start.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

ShadowX

February 24, 2009, 09:42:42 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ShadowX
I'm just posting to say I recently lost my old computer that had all my work on it. And that would also explain my absence. After I continue to recover all the stuff I lost I'll continue to update my post.

Sorry I got off topic ^_^

Archael

February 28, 2009, 02:23:35 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Anyone who understand image aspect ratio / resolution better than me

what exactly did they do to WOTL's Camera to get it to 16:9 resolution?

I believe the camera shows a little more of the map in WOTL, as you can see in DominicNY18's screenshots

Desocupado

February 28, 2009, 04:17:49 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Desocupado
Maybe a total storyline turnover would be nice.
What about Ramza joining the church? And then trying to take it over while facing Thundergod Cid, Agrias and such people.
Think of Tactics Ogre Lawful mode story. (Tough the SNES title "Der Langrisser" have a better story with this kind of choice).

Havermayer

March 03, 2009, 02:01:06 am #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Havermayer
I forgot about the "Debug Code" thing.  It sounds like it has some nice features.  So, would it be possible to create a patch that's based around the debug code and perhaps even expands upon it?  

One of the cooler features of it was that it allowed you to pit two teams against eachother (both controlled play player 1), so it was sort of like an FFT multiplayer.

More on this debug mode:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197339/3878

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMpR38LB6E

SentinalBlade

March 03, 2009, 02:15:19 am #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
^ Its funny, when FFT was rereleased in japan as "Ultima Edition"

It gave support for two controllers...which im betting more than anything, they let people use debug mode to whack the nsot out of eachother....

Havermayer

March 03, 2009, 02:20:13 am #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Havermayer
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"^ Its funny, when FFT was rereleased in japan as "Ultima Edition"

It gave support for two controllers...which im betting more than anything, they let people use debug mode to whack the nsot out of eachother....

Neat, I didn't know about that.  What other features did this "Ultima Edition" have?

jimmyjw88

March 03, 2009, 06:42:55 am #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Ultima edition??
0.o
Oooo....
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kokojo

March 04, 2009, 06:39:41 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
The Boss Tryout Pacth.

In this amazing Pacth, You start with a team of guys, all level 50, with all jobs and random skills unlocked, also with randoms faith brave and signs. (you get to sort them)
Your Hero is Level 65, and he has more Skills, and a set Brave/Faith.

You start with a variation of weapons and armor, x4 of each, because you can actually only use 4 persons per battle.

Using 1.3 Statstable and skills (Execpt specials one)

As you start your journey, there is no turning back! Fight bosses afther bosses, such as :

The Golem : With an Innate Protect, Shell and regen, you are gonna have trouble taking him down, bruteforce fight !
The Puppetter and the Puppet : While the puppet is a Slow moving, unkillable monster of Hell, the pupetter is just a Coward magician that likes to teleport, bring him down and the battle is over.
The two chosen one : As these two battle over their greatness, you try to survive all the spells that are raining around you.
The Mastermind : Your units will never think the same way afther this battle.
The Chiken of evil : Just attemps to bring it down...just attemp to.

And there it goes, the ideas been trown. If we get a minor contribution from people, this could very well be done, as it involve more balancing than anything else, a so simple event editing, rather than a full pacth.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Asmo X

March 06, 2009, 11:41:46 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I think you should only be able to bring 3 units to battle. Also, new skills(ets) probably. lots of abilities don't scale well in encounters where you aren't fighting a variety of units.

red_bird

March 11, 2009, 11:28:04 am #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by red_bird
i'm implementing a system for leveled spells for my patch, wherein the weakest level 1 spells have the AoE and Veritical of the vanilla level 4 spells and the level 4 spells have the worst AoE and Vertical, with levels 2 and 3 being between them.  this is an attempt to make every ability useful within the framework of FFT Vanilla, and when that doesn't fly, within the framework of similiar FFs.  I think FF 9 is the traditional FF most like FFT in... spirit?  intention?  execution?  i don't know.  i just wish FF9 had a geomancer, and a physical equivalent of Vivi's Focus.

i did something similiar with the samurai abilities.  i made koutetsu similiar to kikuichimoji, but half as strong, and i reduced kikuichimoji's range and aoe by half.

Shade

March 11, 2009, 03:04:46 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Quote from: "Kokojo"The Boss Tryout Pacth.

In this amazing Pacth, You start with a team of guys, all level 50, with all jobs and random skills unlocked, also with randoms faith brave and signs. (you get to sort them)
Your Hero is Level 65, and he has more Skills, and a set Brave/Faith.

You start with a variation of weapons and armor, x4 of each, because you can actually only use 4 persons per battle.

Using 1.3 Statstable and skills (Execpt specials one)

As you start your journey, there is no turning back! Fight bosses afther bosses, such as :

The Golem : With an Innate Protect, Shell and regen, you are gonna have trouble taking him down, bruteforce fight !
The Puppetter and the Puppet : While the puppet is a Slow moving, unkillable monster of Hell, the pupetter is just a Coward magician that likes to teleport, bring him down and the battle is over.
The two chosen one : As these two battle over their greatness, you try to survive all the spells that are raining around you.
The Mastermind : Your units will never think the same way afther this battle.
The Chiken of evil : Just attemps to bring it down...just attemp to.

And there it goes, the ideas been trown. If we get a minor contribution from people, this could very well be done, as it involve more balancing than anything else, a so simple event editing, rather than a full pacth.

The Puppetter and the Puppet would be fun and we can do it by giving puppet intiate wall status and pupetter teleport 2, also we could give pupetter move-hp up, intiate regen and haste status.

The two chosen one(better name: the great battle of grand sage and arch witch) they could have big spell that have something like 5 AOE and unlimited verticality and spell that they have status immunity, but you don't. their spell don't hit themselfs.

My Ideas:

Lord Marbolo: I think game would give him the great bad breath. it would have AOE of 3 with samurai way so it will do it to suroundings(this word is failure). It would have marbolo skill expect for bad breath because he has better version of it. extra skill would be fury breath(It would be range of norma fire breath and it gives 100%  bersek(I wrote it wrong)). support skills would be counter flood 50% change to hit so it has 50 brave, MA up. it would have move of 2.

Demon general:
Yes demon general to kick your ass with assistent of soldier demons.
General demon would have heck of move and jump. He would have as his skill some AOE 2 buffing(100%, but also it can't hit you gg). His hp would be only 2000 but he has hp restore and his brave is 35, so 35% change when he is critical. he knows how to rez people.

Soldier demons would be rapers they would have low hp. but they do alot of damage. they would be bad asses as casters and figthers. martial arts, dragon spirit. they would start with reraise. they know way of healing.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Kokojo

March 13, 2009, 02:46:06 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Thank you shade, those a good ideas il probably use if i make the pacth.

Anyway, asking the community, would you like a Random Battle Idea thread ?

I noticed a lot of new pacthes would need new random battles, and those battle could use your setups, ideas, and even the AI team from the 1.3 tournament. It would just be ideas afther ideas, and anybody could use them.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Raikomaru

March 14, 2009, 02:52:57 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Raikomaru
At the behest of Cheetah, who kindly directed me here after my first post went awry, here are my thoughts.

From what I noticed of the PS-version of FFT, a lot of the 'unbalancing' comes from the enemy units. It's easy enough to reassign Elmdor and such to make them less broken, but then there remains the monster units. They suck, are overpowered or some combination thereof. I had this idea to remedy that little deficiency.

By the by, the reason why I don't just implement them myself is probably because I'm the single-worst coder on the face of the Internet(read: because I don't know jack about coding). Therefore, I do this, so as to help and inspire other people.

1: Make the Monster abilities work like, say, human job skills, and can be arranged as such. Monsters, too, gain JP and learn stuff from a tree of skills, thus making the monsters much more formidable and varied, and eliminating the need for those palette-swaps(we can simply use the palette we like the best, unless said palettes work like other jobs for them). This makes fighting monsters funner, as one'll never know what crazy new abilities they'll use this time.

2: The abilities themselves should also work like some of the human abilities. In other words, give the monsters a normal attack in addition to said skills, and give some of the bigger ones(IE: Choco Meteor et al) a charge-time.

3: ALL monsters should be available, including the enemy-only Apanda's and Archaic Demons of either gender. Ultima Demons, given who they masquerade as, might require new spritage as well, as their colours don't really fit the Archaic Demon mold.

4: Now, regarding Boco. I know of a sure-fire way of making him more useful: make him work like the Chocobo from the Dungeon series. Has his own Job Changes(although he starts off with the Chocobo skillset), equips gear and such. Might be fun, and, thus, makes him useful.

5: Monsters don't just drop off eggs whenever they feel like it and clog up every spot on the roster like 'tards. Instead, every monster in your party has sort of an 'Egg Gauge'. When it's full, you can command them to drop said egg into your party.

Hope this was useful. If you have any plans of your own to add to my list, feel free to.  :D

CidIII

March 14, 2009, 03:42:37 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
I call for a random battle thread, great idea!
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

Zuka

March 17, 2009, 01:01:00 pm #76 Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 01:05:05 pm by Zuka
So I'm thinking about a patch where all the items are buffed to the extent of being basically lvl 99+ gear, just for funsies, anyone have any other ideas that might make this patch WAAAAY too powerful for both PC's and NPC's? I think it would be fun to have a whole new inventory of gear, whether or not superpowered I kinda want to do a remake where all the items are different, anyone got ideas?

|| Edit || I do think just making all new items would be a better idea. however, I'm actually going to start work on a zombocalypse patch, anyone interested in the idea? I mean, interested enough so i should start a thread?

Kaijyuu

March 19, 2009, 01:21:45 am #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
I'm thinking of adding Mog (from ff6) as a secret character. What would be a better way to implement him?

1) Have him be "female" as far as the game mechanics are concerned. (dancer job available, female for the purposes of zodiac compatibility, ect)
2) Male with the dancer abilities as part of his skillset.

I actually like 1 as far as mechanics are concerned (too many male special characters already), but I'm pretty sure he's a dude.

EDIT:
Quote from: "Zuka"So I'm thinking about a patch where all the items are buffed to the extent of being basically lvl 99+ gear, just for funsies, anyone have any other ideas that might make this patch WAAAAY too powerful for both PC's and NPC's? I think it would be fun to have a whole new inventory of gear, whether or not superpowered I kinda want to do a remake where all the items are different, anyone got ideas?
I'm not sure about making the items overpowered, but a remake of all the items in the original game isn't a half bad idea. All new items would put an interesting twist on even vanilla.

Akai

March 22, 2009, 12:44:57 am #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Akai
That does sound interesting. In fact, it goes well with an idea I'm about to bring up. Maybe we can work together?

Basically, I plan on adding moogles to FFT similar to how FFTA did it, with a new separate job tree and everything. In fact, I've already planned out the two job trees, forgive the n00bishness of it.

Let me explain the new jobs being added.

1) Mog Knight: Think similar to Monk only with weapons and armor! If you've played FFTA, you'll know them off the bat.

2) Animist: think Mediator with some other improvements.

3) Tinker: Must be good if it requires a lot to unlock, eh? Think Chemist, but the opposite effect! Potions that hurt and cause status ailments! Ever wanted to give Elixirs more of a punch? Here's a job for you!

I plan on replacing the sprites of the females with their respective moogle class and fortunately, I'm a pretty good spriter! Never worked with FFT sprites, so let's hope for the best! I plan on making Mustadio and his dad as moogles so you can have your Gunner class. 'Course plan on improving that Engineer job as well! For an added twist, Marache and Rapha won't be in the same job tree either!

It's just that...I've no real idea how to do half of these changes I'd like to do. Any help would be fully appreciated! ^o^;;;

LastingDawn

March 22, 2009, 02:24:00 am #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, well you have it 100%, Squire as a base, then the "Dancer" "Bard" to make the split legit and very simple. You have a solid idea, but you will need the sprites of course, hehe.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!