• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Hostile Takeover

Started by nates1984, January 19, 2009, 08:11:39 pm

nates1984

January 19, 2009, 08:11:39 pm Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:33:54 am by nates1984
Video Demonstrations: http://www.youtube.com/user/nates1984

Patching Instructions: Download the zip file attached to this post. Apply extend_ISO first, then Hostile_Takeover_v.25, if you don't have ppf-o-matic3, which is used to apply PPF patches, then you can find that in the zip file as well.

Criticism isn't just welcomed, it is encouraged. Current version is broken pretty badly.

Recognition:

First and foremost, thank you to Zodiac, for running this site to begin with. Without it none of us could be here, literally and figuratively. Also thank you for the various ASM edits you've provided us with, a few of them are present in my patch.

Razele, for his ASM edits, many of which are present in this patch, and many of which are a dream come true.

Melonhead, for FFTPatcher, TacText, and Shishi, because without them, I wouldn't have even started this project. Hex editing all this shit would take far, far too long.

Zozma, Cheetah, Vanya, GreenArcher, VincentCraven, AuraDragon, Kuraudo Sutoraifu, Miroshi Beshima, and McCracker. All of the new sprites in my patch come from these guys.

A second thanks to Zozma, due to the sheer number of his sprites I used.

Squaresoft, for the game engine, and making the original game so ridiculously easy that I seeked out ways to make it harder, which in turn led me here.

Voldemort, for 1.3, because if I hadn't played that I wouldn't have realized the extent I could alter FFT. I still don't forgive him for what he did to Elmdor though.

My ex-girlfriend, for being so much of a lazy shithead and alcoholic that I left her. It's what has given me enough free time to work on this.

And last, and definitely least, our college education system, for being so much of a fucking joke that I seriously studied less then 10 hours last semester and still walked away with good grades. If it was actually worth a damn I wouldn't have had this much free time. So thank you, Mr. Big Brother, for lowering the standards and expectations so much that those of us with half a brain aren't challenged in the slightest.

To-do List

Formula 08 becomes MA*MA

Formula for all weapon types becomes PA*WP

Create MA+Y formula for status effect spells accuracy, or accurately be able to use current formula.

Rebalance items.

VincentCraven

January 19, 2009, 08:16:09 pm #1 Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:18:46 pm by VincentCraven
Hey cool.  A patch that's actually done.

Let's see how it goes.

Edit: Or is it?
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

nates1984

January 19, 2009, 08:17:33 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by nates1984
Well, I'd say it's far from done. =P

VincentCraven

January 19, 2009, 08:19:13 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Sorry, didn't read whole text box.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Goomba

January 19, 2009, 10:37:44 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
Yippie!