• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:50:42 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

i have an idea.......

Started by altimitt, January 11, 2009, 02:15:45 am

Zalge

January 15, 2009, 05:16:12 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
UPDATE!: I have even more information they are connected!

Look at the pieces I have surrounded with boxes... looks really similar, right? and by similar, I mean the same! They are the same world, this world is just... REALLY REALLY HUGE!!!

philsov

January 15, 2009, 05:51:30 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteUmm... but SE even says they are connected. Even Vagrant Story is in the same Ivalice and that's not even an FF.

yes, SE is the game developer pulling references out of its ass for profit.  There's no interaction between any of the games short of name dropping, must less the creation of plot holes that's easily fixed by poor writing that makes most fanfiction literature worthy.

QuoteLook at the pieces I have surrounded with boxes... looks really similar, right? and by similar, I mean the same! They are the same world, this world is just... REALLY REALLY HUGE!!!

Truthfully when this argument comes up people usually connect the eastern part of FFT to the western part of FFXII and go "ZOMG BIG MAP", but once again they are, for all practical purposes, completely different universes.  I could just as easily say that the events of FF5 and FF3 are on the same planet, just that so much time passed between the two that all the lands/mountains are different and/or there was some great catastrophy that reshaped the face of the planet.  But really!  They're the same thing!
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Archael

January 15, 2009, 07:19:40 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quoteyes, SE is the game developer pulling references out of its ass for profit. There's no interaction between any of the games short of name dropping, must less the creation of plot holes that's easily fixed by poor writing that makes most fanfiction literature worthy.

^ this

it's all about $$$

Ivalice Alliance is a gimmick for $$$

ShadowX

January 16, 2009, 09:37:32 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ShadowX
Quote from: "Voldemort7"it's all about $$$

Maybe it is for money, but you can't really argue since you aren't on the development team.

Then again it all comes back to the imagination of the players. Those who'd want to make a storyline believing  the Ivalice Alliance or those who don't. I honestly would play a patch done either way.

Archael

January 16, 2009, 11:37:18 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "ShadowX"
Quote from: "Voldemort7"it's all about $$$

Maybe it is for money, but you can't really argue since you aren't on the development team.

Then again it all comes back to the imagination of the players. Those who'd want to make a storyline believing  the Ivalice Alliance or those who don't. I honestly would play a patch done either way.

I'm not saying don't make a patch based on it because Ivalice Alliance is a gimmicky cash cow $$$ for Square.

I'm saying Ivalice Alliance is a gimmicky cash cow for Square.

I don't think one needs to be on Square's dev team (if that is what you were suggesting) to see that is what they were trying to do.

Other gaming companies have done it, and will continue to do it, I think someone outside their dev teams can see this.

DarthPaul

January 16, 2009, 11:47:59 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Indeed people get $ signs in their eyes when they see a gimmick as good as Ivalice Alliance and no amount of common sense will talk them out of raping that idea to a bloody pulp.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

The Damned

January 17, 2009, 12:07:28 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Since this may be relevant to my own patch (which philsov will apparently hate for Great Justice), I have to ask: What is this Ivalice Alliance?

I've neither seen nor heard of it before this page, including when I was perusing FFCompendium specifically for stuff relevant to Ivalice.

(@ OP: You're going to have to make your own patch. Kind of obvious.  :?)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

DarthPaul

January 17, 2009, 12:11:59 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
It is the new games SE is working on focusing on Ivalice to make a story out of it.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

altimitt

January 18, 2009, 03:05:16 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by altimitt
Quote from: "Asmo X"Dude no one is going to make a patch for you. Are you fucking retarded or something?

although i said "i hope someone make a patch of it." it doesn't mean:

----"hey, you, RANDOM DUDE. make me patch pronto."-----

as i said at my post, "i hope someone takes note of this."

what i had in mind that time was if someone made that patch i'll be more than glad to play it, despite whatever it may have [crappy dialog, unbalanced characters, etc.] that's what revisions are for right?

and another thing i'm just pointing out a minor dialog in fft wherein mustadio said that "during the time of st. ajora.....blah blah blah....."

ivalice during st. ajora's time would be a great setting for a fft prequel.
maybe that's just me, eh?

although you guys can disregard this minor point.
it doesn't really matter, it can serve as a basic setting for any story [like ivalice alliance does] but only this time you dudes get to write your scripts yourselves.

Asmo X

January 18, 2009, 09:25:00 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
What the fuck does that even mean that you "hope someone takes note of this"? Do you care if someone makes it or not? If not, why ask? As Vincent says, thats not how it works around here. We don't "hope" that someone will pick up our patch ideas. If you want to see this made, there are plenty of resources you can use to learn how to do it.

enigma43

January 18, 2009, 01:00:30 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by enigma43
Who knows how far I'll go, but I gathered up all the info about the war from the game, and I'm going to make the main characters The Sable Swords (mentioned in a feat), who are going to fight against the troops Gaffgarion leads because of his cruelty.  Simon joins as a guest, Ramza's father joins at the end of the game (like an Orlandeau) and there is a sidequest where you help Elidibus (future member of the party) find a tomb, the Cataclysm, to help fight off the Romandan and Ordalian Empires.  Any help would be appreciated...lol

philsov

January 18, 2009, 02:48:39 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quotewhich philsov will apparently hate for Great Justice

I'm a gameplay slut.  The storyline could feature Chip and Dale trying to save Flash Gordon from a Dune sandworm for all I care.

Actually, that sounds pretty badass.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.