• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:53:21 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The Knights of Order: Update (July 30th)

Started by Zalge, November 27, 2008, 09:49:31 pm

Zalge

November 27, 2008, 09:49:31 pm Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 04:57:07 pm by Zalge
Final Fantasy Tactics Alternate Story Project;
Codename- The Knights of Order

Current (and probably only) Workers:
Me- Everything

Features:
All New Jobs with all new Sprites.
New Musical Score.
New Story line.
New Characters, and Old Characters

Sprites:
Fate Knight (Ponil Dunra)
Destiny Knight (Zalge Dunra)
Blaze Knight (Winona Renma)
Old Man (Can't tell)

Sprites:
Shadow Knight (Marcus Fiury)
Breeze Knight (Hiala Hurnio)
Tarantula Leader (Golagros Levine)
Terra Knight (Faren Hurnio)
Aqua Knight (Ransa Yon)
Bright Knight (Terna Calm)
Fencer Male/Female (Replaces Knight)
Ranger Male/Female (Replaces Archer)
Rogue Male/Female (Replaces Thief)
Berserker Male/Female (Replaces Monk)
Pikeman Female (Replaces Lancer)
TBA Male/Female (Replaces Geomancer)
TBA Male/Female (Replaces Ninja)
Element Knight Male/Female (Replaces Samurai)
Medic Male/Female (Replaces Chemist)
Warlock Male/Female (Replaces Wizard)
Cleric Male/Female (Replaces Priest)
TBA Male/Female (Replaces Oracle)
TBA Male/Female (Replaces Time Mage)
Spirit Caller Male/Female (Replaces Summoner)
Blue Mage Male/Female (Replaces Calculator)
TBA Male/Female (Replaces Mediator) (I'm giving the talk skill abilities to the gender specific jobs)
Muse (Replaces Bard)
Assassin (Replaces Dancer)
Red Mage Female (Replaces Mime)

Sprites:
Pikeman Male (Replaces Lancer) (Smash's Cavalier Sprite)
Soldier Male/Female (Replaces Squire) (Vanya's Warrior Sprites)=COMPELTE=
Miruden Leader (Blansch) =COMPLETE=
Kidnapped Girl (Tietra Fiury) =COMPLETE=
Rebel (Tietra Fiury) =COMPLETE=
Fell Paladin (Voldemort) =COMPLETE=
Psychic Warrior (Zodiac) =COMPLETE=
Leader of the Shrine Knights (Algus Sadalfas) =COMPLETE=
Red Mage Male (Replaces Mime) =COMPLETE=
Templar (Zozma) =COMPELTE=

These events occur after Ramza's 'Death'. With Delita stabbed and killed by Ovelia, there was no one to take the throne. Soon, a conflict ensued that threatened to tear Ivalice apart, until 7 knights appeared, calling themselves "The Knights of Order". The Knights stopped the conflict and proceeded to rule Ivalice themselves in "The Council of Order". Peace reigned for a little while in the kingdom of Ivalice. However, when an attempt was made on the life of Ponil Dunra, The Knight of Fate, fingers were immediately pointed around the council, and even at the common people of Ivalice. Soon after, Ponil was stricken with an illness that killed him, and his 18 year old son, Zalge Dunra, was forced to take on the role of the 7th member of the council, as the Knight of Destiny. The attempt on Ponil's life still sparked debate and aggression in the council until War spread over Ivalice between the knights. 6 factions being formed, The Blaze Corps, The Order of the Clouded Sky, The Earthen Domain, The Sea Armada, The Light of Intervention, and The Shadow Brigade. Zalge, the Knight of Destiny, refused to take part in the war. He is suspicious of, and appears to question the legitimacy of his father death to illness, and wants an end to the war. His quest brings him against not only his fellow Knights of Order, but the Previously Disbanded Shrine Knights, A Criminal Conspiracy, and Hordes of monsters.

Soldier (Replaces Squire)
Fencer (Replaces Knight)
Ranger (Replaces Archer)
Rogue (Replaces Thief)
Berserker (Replaces Monk)
Pikeman (Replaces Lancer)
TBA (Replaces Geomancer)
TBA (Replaces Ninja)
Element Knight (Replaces Samurai)
Medic (Replaces Chemist)
Warlock (Replaces Wizard)
Cleric (Replaces Priest)
TBA (Replaces Oracle)
TBA (Replaces Time Mage)
Spirit Caller (Replaces Summoner)
Blue Mage (Replaces Calculator)
TBA (Replaces Mediator)
Muse (Replaces Bard)
Assassin (Replaces Dancer)
Red Mage (Replaces Mime)
Templar (Zozma's Job)
Fell Paladin (Voldemort's Job)
Destiny Caller (Zalge's Job)
Psychic Warrior (Zodiac's Job)
Heretic (Old Man's Job)
Rebel (Teitra Fiury's Job)
Turk (Subject to Change) (Reno and the rest of the Turks' Job)
Engineer (Corban Black's Job)
Shinra Infantry (...Shinra Infantries' Job)
Cyborg (Golagros's job)
Criminal (Blansch's Job)
Arch Sorcerer (Bolmna's Job)
Holy Spellblade (Karsten's Job)
Vampiric Knight (Vincent Craven's Job)
Knight Lord (Algus's Job)
Spy (Snake's Job)
Ex-SOLDIER (Cloud Strife's Job... edited. His moves won't be so tough to use)
Terrorist (Barret Wallace's Job; Joins during Cloud's Sidequestline)
SOLDIER 1st Class (Zack Fair's Job; Joins during Cloud's Sidequestline)
Flower Girl (Aerith Gainsborough's Job; Joins after Cloud's Sidequestline)
Flame Seer (Jenna's Job; becomes Flame Master after her Sidequestline)

Currently, like the original game, I'm splitting my patch's story into 4 chapters. I'll give you the names of the chapters so you can wonder what they are about =D.

Chapter 1 - The Fires of War
Chapter 2 - The Witch's Pyre
Chapter 3 - The Tears of Healing
Chapter 4 - The Phoenix

Some quotes that I think everyone will love =D

"I didn't do it for you, I did it for me."

"She was standing in the way, can you not see that?"
"-She- was the only one in the council who supported me! We were friends!"

NOTE: As you should have read above, I've eliminated Calculators and added Blue Mages, who, of course, like in other Final Fantasies learn their moves from monsters. But also note that Monster Abilities aren't the only things that can be learned Blue Mage Style. There are other moves that can be learned by certain classes.
Also note that the Mime has also been eliminated, and replaced with the Red Mage. Fear not though, the Red Mage will be a quite powerful class, containing not only Medium level magics, but a few magic attacks unique to the Red Mages.

Update
Well guys, I'm back. I might finish this project eventually. Though because I'm making a whole new storyline and I've lost a majority of my script that I wrote when my old computer crapped its pants and stopped working. I'm sure I can recreate a majority of the script and I think I still have some of it written down on paper somewhere. However right now I'm mostly focused on a game I'm making with RPGmakerVX but I'll be coming back to this eventually so don't worry guys. The Knights of Order will not remain in the grave for a super long time... maybe another year. As much as I'd like to work on this more, my other project needs much more attention then I've been giving it. I mean, my intro into the game looks horrible so I'm rewriting the script which obviously will take some time. And then I can finally get into the bulk of the game which will probably take a year or more to complete. Then there is beta testing it and adjusting all the items and enemies to make the game's progression of enemy difficulty be fairly simple, not really too hard and not too easy on normal battle difficulty (as I do have a script for battle difficulty). So, unfortunately, it will be a long time before I really touch this project again. I'll probably start hanging around the forum more though.

Xifanie

November 27, 2008, 10:17:00 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
You can't just call people for help immediately.

Yes it is hard to do alone, but if you can't do almost all the work yourself in the first months, this project is better off dead.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Zalge

November 27, 2008, 10:28:02 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
I guess, but I don't know anything about scripting. I know one guy at my school that knows a little about it, but he probably wouldn't help me. I'm more of an artsy/creative guy, not technology xP

I'll try, but I'm probably gunna do mainly writing and sprite making for the first month.

Asmo X

November 27, 2008, 11:38:55 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Sorry to break this to you, but "artsy/creative" doesn't get anything done. Really, what you're asking for here is for someone to do the vast majority of the work. It's better you find out this project is a complete pipedream nice and early.

Also, welcome to the forums.

Zalge

November 27, 2008, 11:46:16 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
@Asmo X; haha, I guess I better go learn up on scripting then, huh? I'm a bright guy, I'm sure I can figure this out =D

I'll make my pipedream a reality even if it means staying up all night some nights, studying scripting =D

But, for now I'm gunna get the sprites done and write out the dialogue for scenes. If I set my mind to this, I can do it. Sure, I'm only a teenager, but... anything is possible, right?

Also, thanks for the welcome.

Archael

November 28, 2008, 02:36:38 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Zalge"@Asmo X; haha, I guess I better go learn up on scripting then, huh? I'm a bright guy, I'm sure I can figure this out =D

I'll make my pipedream a reality even if it means staying up all night some nights, studying scripting =D

But, for now I'm gunna get the sprites done and write out the dialogue for scenes. If I set my mind to this, I can do it. Sure, I'm only a teenager, but... anything is possible, right?

Also, thanks for the welcome.

^ the right attitude

Zalge

December 30, 2008, 01:22:22 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Um... Update. Up on the top post... like, in 5 minutes from when I'm posting this message.

Goomba

December 30, 2008, 03:19:02 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
What? How could Delita be 1 shotted by someone in the Princess job? Ovelia's PA growth is far too low for that!

Zalge

December 30, 2008, 04:39:52 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Uh, in the last scene of FFT Delita is stabbed and he takes the dagger and stabs her right back. Hes in the ruins of a church, who is gunna find someone(granted its their king) bleeding to death in a church in the middle of nowhere? He bled to death, thats how he dies.

DarthPaul

December 30, 2008, 05:22:26 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Zalge does tell the truth all reports have Delita bleeding to death.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Goomba

December 30, 2008, 06:08:55 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
No way! He could just do like he did before and and wait for the woman closest to him to crystallize, absorb her soul, and then go about his business.

Zalge

December 30, 2008, 06:14:28 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Absorbing a crystal does not stop bleeding. Absorbing the crystals were a way that restored their fatigue, it didn't mend their bodies. Their bodies were mended after the fight. Delita did not have any bandages on him. See, that also explains why Dycedarg was injured in bed after the attempted assassination. There were dead people all around, but he had to wait for his wounds to heal.

DarthPaul

December 30, 2008, 07:13:08 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Lol what I meant was official announced by Square Delita died after killing Ovelia. That was not an assumption it is based in fact.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

December 30, 2008, 07:23:34 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
good, he dead! see I tol you!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

The Damned

December 30, 2008, 07:43:32 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "darthpaul"Lol what I meant was official announced by Square Delita died after killing Ovelia. That was not an assumption it is based in fact.

Do you have any link to this official source?

I'm curious for confirmation on anything with regards to FFT's ending.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

DarthPaul

December 30, 2008, 11:17:14 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I am sorry I do not have the link but shall find it. I saw it a while ago with some other cleanup pieces of information.

EDIT: This isn't the article I was talking about but it is good enough to make a point.

http://theexplodingbarrel.com/?p=965

P.s. I hate Delita with a passion because of the way he used every one when he himself didn't want to be used. That type of hypocrisy boils my blood and If I had been Ramza he would have died.....a lot earlier.

LastingDawn

December 31, 2008, 01:05:42 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Eh? the game completely Contradicts he died. The game's opening even says he went on to lead a Golden Age of prosperity, unless they set up a fake Delita, I don't think they could have done that. A fake Delita also wouldn't have been hero to the people, as Delita was portrayed/
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zalge

December 31, 2008, 01:08:16 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Hm... did it say WHEN Ovelia stabbed him? While it seems unlikely, it could be possible that the stabbing occurred years after Ramza's "death". Its not very logical... but it might explain things?

DarthPaul

December 31, 2008, 01:10:53 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
We don't know that he didn't lead the golden age of prosperity before his confrontation of Ovelia though.  No disrespect intended of course LD but without a sturdy time line that they don't give us alot is up for assumption and I'm almost positive that I saw a paper on the subject published by Square.  Though to give benefit to the doubt until I find it I won't be too insistent on the subject.

Zalge

December 31, 2008, 01:13:34 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
It could be that he only just lead them in the right direction? Did it say specifically that he lead them directly into the golden age? Hell, theories.