• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT Sequel: Horrid Disarray

Started by Disco_Peach, November 06, 2008, 08:13:10 pm

Does this hack look promising?

Sure
13 (92.9%)
No, bro
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: November 19, 2008, 11:07:58 pm

Disco_Peach

November 06, 2008, 08:13:10 pm Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:11:51 am by Disco_Peach
Hey guys! I've been talking to many of you in the chat (Lydyn and Voldemort7, in particular) concerning a mod I'm making of FFT.

From what I've read in Lydyn's second hack, people seem to want to believe that Ramza and Alma died. That would make too many plotholes (oh yes, fanboys, so settle down). I'm aiming to make my hack a direct sequel to FFT. This is because it focuses around the fact that Ramza's party does survive the Altima cataclysm, they just agreed to remain "disappeared".

I'm not going to go into too many details so as to not ruin any twists (don't worry, my story's not very complicated; just hope it keeps you playing). Basically, the game starts in Orbonne Monastary with Alazlam finishing the story (FFT) to what appear to be descendants of the Hokuten and Nanten. These descend from those who deserted both armies and hid away when Delita rose to power. When these people leave, someone comes asking for Alazlam. This person is apparently a descendant of Mustadio. This person's uncle is tried for heresy for going on about the "truth". His uncle also tells people the same story that Alazlam tells. Anyways, if the story were true, then his ancestor must've left something behind. Mustadio's descendant finds a book hidden in his family's workshop. He doesn't understand the language but Alazlam does. It appears to be a book written by Olan's apprentice, Marcus.

(not going into too many details, but anyone interested then ask away!)

Then you go to the past. Olan is found by Delita's men and imprisoned in Lionel Castle for spreading rumors about how a Beoulve truly saved the world and of the King's (Delita) treachery. From outside of Olan's cell, his apprentice is instructed to find Ramza. Ramza would be willing to rescue him from impending execution. Since no one else would know where to find Ramza, Olan wants you to first go to Goug Machine City to find Mustadio and Agrias (they get married and have a kid in the sequel). They might know where he is.

Mustadio and Agrias live in hiding under disguises. Lavian and Alicia help them out because of this. Marcus asks around for them but nobody knows anything. When he gets ambushed by Delita's guards (who followed him because of overhearing his conversation with Olan), Mustadio and Agrias join to save you. They join in order to keep their secret safe. They must eliminate the following party. They agree to accompany you only until they find Ramza (not even they know where he could be). When they leave, the leader of the squad was only feigning death, and he goes to inform King Delita.

That's how it starts. I'm only really looking for help with the scenes. I don't have a clue as to how to edit an event to make it my own. The rest I think I can manage. I already started spriting and designing the job classes and skills. Though the job classes may appear to be from FFT, they are more or less the same mold, but the skills change 80%. Here are the classes and skillsets:

Soldier -> Training
Medic -> Aiding
Knight -> Shatter
Archer -> Archery
Priest -> White Magic
Warlock -> Black Magic
Fighter -> Combat Skills
Thief -> Steal
Time Mage -> Time Magic
Shaman -> Voodoo
Ranger -> Field Skills
Dragoon -> Lancer
Alchemist -> Alchemy
Summoner -> Contracts
Shinobi -> Ninjutsu
Harlequin (female exclusive) -> Entertainment
Beastmaster (male exclusive) -> Blue Magic
Mime -> Mimicry

some special jobs include:
Marcus (main character) ->Apprentice
Mustadio -> Gunner
Agrias -> Astral Knight

Yojimbo (hired samurai) -> Soul Edge
(much to many's dismay, this class uses the Katana's skills but with Gil cost instead of breakage, therefor the skills won't be as broken)
-The Yojimbo class will be exclusive to a character
Mathemagician (corny, I know) -> Calculations
-The Mathemagician class will be exclusive to a character
Buchaneer (pirate) -> The Code
This class is a mix of Snipe skill and some of the FFT vanilla's Mediator Talk skill
-The Buchaneer class will be exclusive to a character

Basically, the story is that, when Ramza and co. killed Ajora, they made a pact. This pact is the "true" Zodiac Brave Story. For these are the warriors who rescued Ivalice from the demon. Ramza and crew split up and take the Stones with them in order to prevent them falling into the wrong hands. Even if they were to cast them into the ocean, people might still be able to find them.

My story "soothes" the Zodiac Brave Story and explains more into detail the truths and myths behind the Zodiac Stones. Also, since this follows the original timeline, the story changes but not the history. Delita is still the hero of Ivalice, Ramza is still a heretic, and the Zodiac Braves save Ivalice from the demon. Remember, the past has already occurred. What truely happened is what I want to put in there. How it truely ended.

I just hope you guys are interested enough to see how it is I switch the FFT around in its sequel. Obviously, I can't reveal any crucial plot points here, because that would take the fun away, but anyone interested in the story can PM me, that'd be fantastic. And anyone who think they can help me with the scenes, or at least point me in the write direction then that'd be awesome!

Thanks for reading such a lengthy post! I'll post most of the job class skillsets, reactions, etc when I finish sorting them out. I don't want any shitty classes and any broken ones! But it's 70% done!

Well? ;).

Thanks for reading all this! Opinions?

KazeKasano

November 07, 2008, 10:55:04 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
I'm assuming that Delita survives the ending in this?

I'd be very interested in working with you on this story.
If they take the auracite with them at the end... Would it be plausible to have them use it?
Like say Ramza becomes the host for Belias in Wiegraf's place...
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

DarthPaul

November 07, 2008, 01:48:57 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
who cares delita goes from being awesome i like this character to what a douche i hope his wife kills him in the ending cutscene
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

KazeKasano

November 07, 2008, 05:20:58 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
I for one believed all along that he wasn't dead.
He did stab that bitch though!
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

DarthPaul

November 07, 2008, 05:57:48 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
well by the official square wiki he did die after that scene via bleeding cause he did stab here with the knife she stabbed him with
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Disco_Peach

November 07, 2008, 10:15:40 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
Arigatou gozaimasu, KazeKasano!!!

If you can keep secrets then PM me! I can't tell you more about my story! And yes, Delita survives, otherwise his descendants wouldn't be ruling Ivalice in Alazlam's timeframe ;). Since history isn't changed, I try to keep as true as possible to what might've occurred if FFT did have a true sequel. Also, Ramza isn't the main character here, and there are many new people to meet!

Oh! I also forgot 2 classes in my list!:

Ebon Blade -> Evil Sword
Paladin -> Holy Sword

With these two the list is 20 classes.

DarthPaul

November 08, 2008, 11:23:12 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Thank you for not making the mistake of keeping the same main character.  I look forward to any characters you can think up, and Ebon Blade will be like a dark knight or worse(in a good way).  Though the name Horrid Disarray is quite a name to live up to.

Nagafen

November 08, 2008, 12:30:06 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Nagafen
Wow. This looks awesome. And yeah, I wondered on the immediate aftermath as well, so this is promising. And I'd love to help in any way, if you want. Not saying I'm good, but it sounds fun, and I'd love to know the story better as well.

DarthPaul

November 08, 2008, 02:52:23 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Maybe you should play off the "Tynar Rouge" subquest from the psp version and give Mustadio and Agrias and history.....if you know what I mean.

Disco_Peach

November 09, 2008, 10:04:42 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
To Nagafen: Thanks! I'm really new at hacking FFT. So most of this stuff is greek to me. I'm still playing around with the FFTPatcher to see what limitation to place on my imagination. As for the story, if you're serious about helping me out then PM! So i can tell you much of the juiciness of the story! Thanks for the interest! But event editing is still the area I need the most help with.

To darthpaul: Thanks, bro. Trust me, the Dark Knight class is pretty shitty, I mean you only got 2 moves to use. Booooooring! But the abilities set for the Ebon Blade class is gonna come up shortly! I'm almost done with the planning. So when I'm satisfied with it, I'll toss it to the wolves to see what surfaces!

As for the Tynar Rouge subquest, when I read that in a WofL review, that inspired me to stay even closer to the original FFT plot as possible. So I want to try to develop that relationship even further.

As for the new characters:
Though 99% of the characters from FFT make an appearance, not all are playable, and some only appear for a scene or two. Marcus is the main character, and you start off with 4 generic soldiers, each sex and primary job. There are many special jobs for characters that join your party. Also, unlike FFT, some characters either leave your party or die. So if you don't know what's gonna happen, sometimes time spent grinding a character will go to waste ;))

I've been real busy with my job and my classes, but I hope to reveal the major skillsets soon. (Job and classes as in the real world; work and university)

Thanks for the attention and for reading this far in my post!

Edit: Ah yes, darthpaul, I know the title must be lived up to. That's why I named it that ;). You'll have to play it to see how it all ends!

DarthPaul

November 09, 2008, 10:50:45 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Well thank you for meeting my questions with the answers i desire it really puts my faith in this patch.  And the Bleach reference was a little harsh but well merited.  Last but not least if there is any way i can help i shall pledge my allegiance to the Disco as you are an inspirational patch deviser.

Disco_Peach

November 09, 2008, 11:11:11 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
lol! Sorry about the Bleach comment. I love that manga - one of my top 10 of all ever, in fact (the MANGA, the anime is pissing me the fuck off... much like Naruto I have stopped watching the animes).

Thanks for your allegiance and faith in this patch. Right now I'm just tinkering with the FFTPatcher and the classes and such. I'd like to throw some ideas your way if you like via PM. I want to see if my ideas for skills are any good or if we can make some good animations for them. Everything's basically on-paper in the sense that when all is done, all that's left is patching and beta-testing. I did want to ask some help in the monster category. But to talk of that here would ruin some things. So if you think you can help me out in the following areas:
-Skill animations
-Event editing
-Monster design
-FFT Hacking in general (changing the flags on the World Map, for instance. the game doesn't start in Mariland Magic City. It starts in Lionel Castle and from there to Goug via the Zigolis Swamp).

I believe in team work. So if we can make a little team together, we can make this patch even more kickass. I'm always open to ideas and I believe in the work of others as well. So let me know, darthpaul!

Glad I was able to answer your questions!

DarthPaul

November 10, 2008, 11:02:14 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefers to read those two's mangas over watching the anime.  Also yes shoot me any ideas and I'll start thinking up ideas.  On a second note I hate (absolutely HATE) the one piece anime.

Disco_Peach

November 10, 2008, 09:11:19 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
lol

One Piece doesn't entice me to see it. But yes, the Bleach and Naruto manga are the best. Cuz their killing the name with the anime. The anime is dead to me.

SentinalBlade

November 10, 2008, 09:33:05 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
What makes the anime so bad  or worse than the manga? i dont have enough money to go buy alot of manga anymore...

I dont even want to read the one peice manga after seeing the show.

DarthPaul

November 10, 2008, 09:36:46 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Voice overs are crappy and the changes they make to the story for convenience are annoying.  Abarai Renji ROCKS

Disco_Peach

November 10, 2008, 10:22:28 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
1) I only watch subtitled anime
2) www.onemanga.com - read them for free in high quality scanslations :P

DarthPaul

November 10, 2008, 11:09:47 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Wow some one else who goes to onemanga.  Ok off topic but anyone who wants to read the best manga ever read Bitter Virgin (note its a shoujo-seinen manga not an H-manga) on onemanga.com and after that go to mangaworld.org.  Solaris-svu are the ones who scanlated it (mainly Gari the guy from my sig) they have many great manga.  Also for those who like H-manga most of the Solaris manga comes from Solaris-H (also Gari), and it's all very high quality scanlations. *pant*

Disco_Peach

November 10, 2008, 11:27:06 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
Best Mangas:

Naruto
Bleach
D.Grey-Man
Deathnote
Claymore
Doubt (Rabbit Doubt)

and yes, bro. i go to onemanga and mangashare for all my manga needs
may the lord jashin bless them always

DarthPaul

November 11, 2008, 11:09:23 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I have yet to see the live action DeathNote movie yet. :(