• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:15:22 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Resolution

Started by Lydyn, November 04, 2008, 07:50:13 pm

Would you like to see this done?

Yes, I'd love to see this done!
33 (47.8%)
Not interested.
3 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: November 04, 2008, 07:50:13 pm

Lydyn

November 06, 2008, 01:47:31 am #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Well, in this one he does live - regardless. It's actually very important he does for what I have in mind, but I am trying my best to do it artfully and not in some lame cliche way.

philsov

November 06, 2008, 12:21:33 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quotebut I am trying my best to do it artfully and not in some lame cliche way.

So Delita's not a Lucavi? Whew.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Lydyn

November 06, 2008, 01:02:16 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Haha, that would be lame.

Lydyn

November 06, 2008, 06:33:57 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Okay, it's time to ask ... what would everyone interested in this like to see done with classes? Any suggestions are fine but I can't promise I'll use them. I'm thinking of using theme-based classes of the types of factions you run into and the like. Not sure how that will work yet though. Some of my own suggestions would be to make Calculators into a different class all together ... taking away Invite from Mediator and giving it to Ramza Chapter 2&3/4 (which fits the feel of what I'm doing anyways). Otherwise ... go! Any other help is welcome too, like maybe random encounter ideas, or sprite ideas/submissions (I'm not an expert at Sprite editing yet, so some may not be possible for my skill level yet).

Also, the new story layout;

Well, the general layout (without too many spoilers) is you start off with Ramza and Alma in your party at first with an introduction paragraph. You run into Agrias and battle issues.

You find out she's branded as a traitor after trying to see the new queen, Ovelia. As the story progresses, you find out that Ramza was able to keep hold of four Zodiac Stones from the explosion, but you're finding some of the others in other's possession. As you continue, you start to unravel the mystery of the stones, the origin of Ramza's ancestry, and the true goal of a new appearing villain. You also confront Delita within the story, as King of Ivalice.

How did Delita survive? Why is Agrias a traitor? Is Ovelia still alive? What are the origins of the stones? Why are they in Ivalice again? Who was Ramza's ancestor, whom Altima claimed to have been beaten before by? Who's this new threat that appears? Hopefully this patch will answer all of these questions. ;)

The Damned

November 07, 2008, 10:07:16 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Well, class-wise, since this follows directly after FFT, I personally would fine it weird if you did a major overhaul of classes other than maybe making Archer not suck Skillset-wise.

I mean, with my patch, I'm changing about a quarter of generic classes, but four of those are for in-story reason and the last one is just because I don't think Chemists should be a battle unit in and of themselves.

However, that's my patch, so I'll shut up.

But, yeah, giving Archers a much better skill set is the only thing that I want that I think would be feasible within the storyline.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Lydyn

November 07, 2008, 12:18:12 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I'm thinking of revamping them into more traditional medieval type versions of themselves. Especially something like the Samurai. The whole thing about Samurais was that they were low defense, but high offense (they concentrated on one-hit kills). I'll have to think about it though... and the Calculator is just broken.

boomkick

November 07, 2008, 08:51:52 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
I can give almost an entire story on the ancestor, but i'm afraid to post it due to maybe-spoilers, but ill do it anyways.

Saint Ajora, or Ajora, the Arch Angel, was not the saint that everyone thought she was. She was, in fact, truly and angel. But she was not one of High Angels of Heaven...

She was called Bloody Angel, one who destroys and annihilates anything she wishes.

In times long ago, Bloody Angel Ajora rampaged across Ivalice and subjected many to do her bidding. She called demons as servants to kill those who disobey her. She invoked fire upon her enemies and lightning on her foes. She commanded the highest magic available to the mortal (and immortal) world. She lead a reign of terror and destruction across Ivalice, and many believed she could not be stopped...

But throughout time and patience, men and women hid in magical fortresses underground, protected from the seeing eyes of Ajora's minions. They forged alliances, trained heavily in the limited arts they hold, and hope for the prophecy to come true.

The prophecy was...

To be continued... (EDITED o.O lol)

The Damned

November 07, 2008, 09:43:43 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "Lydyn"I'm thinking of revamping them into more traditional medieval type versions of themselves. Especially something like the Samurai. The whole thing about Samurais was that they were low defense, but high offense (they concentrated on one-hit kills). I'll have to think about it though... and the Calculator is just broken.

Well, revamping Calculator is a given, so I didn't say anything.

That said, I would personally rather have Draw Out stay over Iaido being brought in, if only because it seems like it would be difficult to have Iaido be balanced. I mean, if you wanted everything to resemble Iaido "realistically", then seems you would have to make every thing under Iaido have a chance, however small, of adding All Dead.

Besides, the Samurai sprites of FFT are rather heavily armored, so....

That aside, if you could make Squires better and Ninja less boring (probably just using the same changes in Shuushin, at least for the later--I promise I'll get around to playing the latest beta tomorrow; I've just been busy with my own patch and work), that would good to.

(Also, getting rid of some of the more broken reactions is also a given.)

Quote from: "boomkick"The prophecy was...

To be continued... (EDITED o.O lol)

Geez, what lame psychic is this? Sylvia Brown?

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Lydyn

November 08, 2008, 12:06:36 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Gots me some Sprite Previews on the main page. Any other progress so far as been the story at the moment ... which is only viewable via a few people. ;)

Cheetah

November 08, 2008, 03:36:50 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I really like Alma's white dress. Can you change the shoulder pad color though, it just blends in with her hair too much right now.

The other characters look good too.
Current Projects:

Nagafen

November 08, 2008, 12:34:50 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Nagafen
This looks great Lyd. I can't wait to see this expand... and I like the Sprite preveiws on the first page as well.

Just out of interest, how heavily involved are you getting Delita in the storyline this time around, compared to FFT?

Lydyn

November 08, 2008, 01:33:19 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "Cheetah"I really like Alma's white dress. Can you change the shoulder pad color though, it just blends in with her hair too much right now.

The other characters look good too.

I'll try (didn't notice it myself).

Edit: Here, I'll keep working on it though.

Quote from: "Nagafen"Just out of interest, how heavily involved are you getting Delita in the storyline this time around, compared to FFT?

Well, more than the original storyline, that's for sure. The simple fact he's king sort of makes it difficult not to, but I also want to sort of explain and put closure to the relationship between Ramza and Delita as well.

Lydyn

November 08, 2008, 08:49:10 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Okay, the new Alma!

Cheetah

November 08, 2008, 09:05:45 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Oh yeah, much better.
Current Projects:

Lydyn

November 08, 2008, 11:25:39 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Okay, I some new ideas for some of the classes, but there would be three major changes I'd like to ask opinions on. For future reference, I don't think the sequel should have all the same classes, but some new ones and some old ones.

Anyways, here's the line-up as I see it;
Squire -> Warrior
Chemist -> Chemist
Knight -> Knight (D&D Version? - This version is a sort of Defender and Honorable Combantant, meaning either replacing Break [Equipment] skills or Replacing Break [Stats] skills. I feel this is a good change, myself, but...)
Archer -> Ranger
Monk -> Monk
Priest -> Priest
Wizard -> Wizard
Time Mage -> Time Mage
Summoner -> Summoner (Rebalance summons? - Most likely, giving Carbunkle, Lich, & Silf damage)
Mediator -> Beastmaster
Oracle -> ? (I really never used this class, so I'm not sure. I was thinking of a Magic Shield, mixture of the physicalness of Beast Master and Cure arts - making sence why you get the Beastmaster. You know, using calm magic towards monsters and focusing more on physical)
Geomancer -> Geomancer (Martial Arts? - Should this be added? I think it's an interesting twist myself.)
Lancer -> Lancer
Samurai -> Samurai (Redo Draw Out? - Having more Iaido skills, but not so realistic as to add "Dead" to all skills)
Ninja -> [??? - Not telling. :P]
Calculator -> Arch Mage
Bard/Dancer -> Ninja
Mime -> [Discluded, sadly I need the sprite for something, but it's not that useful anyways]

The Damned

November 09, 2008, 12:14:46 am #55 Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:42:18 am by The Damned
Quote from: "Lydyn"Knight -> Knight (D&D Version? - This version is a sort of Defender and Honorable Combantant, meaning either replacing Break [Equipment] skills or Replacing Break [Stats] skills. I feel this is a good change, myself, but...)

I've never played D&D, though I was briefly interested it for a while.

I thought they only had Paladins alongside Warriors (which is what Squires apparently are)?

While I think that Paladins suck arse harder than a gay version of Airman, I have to admit that it would be nice change of pace. (Unless you're one of those people that say that Holy Knights are already Paladins.)

QuoteArcher -> Ranger

Eh...?

Ranger seems more fitting over Geomancer if anything....

QuoteSummoner -> Summoner (Rebalance summons? - Most likely, giving Carbunkle, Lich, & Silf damage)

...Won't those changes make Summon Magic even better? (Lich already does damage, anyway, unless you mean damage that isn't a fixed percentage.)

If you really want to rebalance Summoner, then I think you should start by either nerfing the hell out of Golem or getting rid of it entirely.

QuoteMediator -> Beastmaster

Double eh...?

This seems like it would be hellish with the formulas....

QuoteOracle -> ? (I really never used this class, so I'm not sure. I was thinking of a Magic Shield, mixture of the physicalness of Beast Master and Cure arts - making sence why you get the Beastmaster. You know, using calm magic towards monsters and focusing more on physical)

How the hell did you never use Oracle? You mean to tell that you never even played tested Oracle to see if you should keep it in Shuushin either despite it being one of the few "Oriental" classes?

QuoteGeomancer -> Geomancer (Martial Arts? - Should this be added? I think it's an interesting twist myself.)

They're dirty hippies.

Hippies are not well-trained in anything except for smoking drugs and being whores. Hippies are not martial artists.

I say thee nay.

QuoteSamurai -> Samurai (Redo Draw Out? - Having more Iaido skills, but not so realistic as to add "Dead" to all skills)

Remember that you can't mix and match with Draw Out, so you have to either go all Iaido or just revamp Draw Out.

And there's only so many "I dashed past you and time has paused dramatically before your death" type of techniques that can be done in, especially in FFT.

QuoteNinja -> [??? - Not telling. :P]

Bard/Dancer -> Ninja

...Wait, what?

QuoteMime -> [Discluded, sadly I need the sprite for something, but it's not that useful anyways]

Triple eh...? You're out.

Why does everyone hate on the Mime except for Skip and I?

I still say that having a lot of changes in such a small time period doesn't make that much sense, class-wise, unless you're going to have Delita order that too. (I could understand about the Paladins, but the other stuff....)

Lydyn

November 09, 2008, 12:27:55 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "The Damned"I've never played D&D, though I was briefly interested it for a while.

I thought they only had Paladins alongside Warriors (which is what Squires apparently are)?

While I think that Paladins suck arse harder than a gay version of Airman, I have to admit that it would be nice change of pace. (Unless you're one of those people that say that Holy Knights are already Paladins.)

Agrias will be a Paladin, but it's only a text change. Knights in D&D are more of the one-on-one fighters and defending allies type of fighter. Not sure what the skills would be yet though.

Quote from: "The Damned"
QuoteArcher -> Ranger

Eh...?

Not sure how it's confusing. I'm thinking of taking away the Charge Skillset ... it's so bland and only Charge 1-5 are really worth using.

Quote from: "The Damned"...Won't those changes make Summon Magic even better? (Lich already does damage, anyway, unless you mean damage that isn't a fixed percentage.)

If you really want to rebalance Summoner, then I think you should start by either nerfing the hell out of Golem or getting rid of it entirely.

Well, yeah, this is all rough draft. I'd obviously rebalance the whole skillset.

QuoteMediator -> Beastmaster

Double eh...?

Yet again, not sure how this is confusing. Was playing with the idea of having a Beastmaster. It's pretty much self-explanatory.

Quote from: "The Damned"How the hell did you never use Oracle? You mean to tell that you never even played tested it see if you should keep it in Shuushin either despite it being one of the few "Oriental" classes?

I know not to keep it in Shuushin, since status aliments were much more important in that patch. And I have used them, but found out that either damage or using the Time Mage greatly outweighed anything I could with the Oracle. Besides, when was an Oracle enemy really that dangerous? The AI opts for damage, but they don't do much and usually what they cast on you is fairly useless and they're dead before they cast anything useful. Besides, I still enjoy the idea of having supernatural status effects being more powerful and rare ... though, I guess it doesn't matter much with the Chemist staying as they are.

Quote from: "The Damned"They're dirty hippies.

Hippies are well-trained in anything except for smoking drugs and being whores. Hippies are not martial arts.

I say thee nay.

Respected and noted.

Quote from: "The Damned"Remember that you can't mix and match with Draw Out out, so you have to go all Iaido or just revamp Draw Out.

And there's only so many "I dashed past you and time has paused dramatically before your death" type of techniques that can be done in FFT.

There's actually quite a bit that could be done with this. Personally, I'd rather Iadio.

QuoteNinja -> [??? - Not telling. :P]

Bard/Dancer -> Ninja

...Wait, what?

This is the only way to redo Ninjas, so I turned Ninjas into something useful, but for enemies only. It's a secret ... what other classes are free to replace Ninjas anyways?

Quote from: "The Damned"Triple eh...? You're out.

Why does everyone hate on the Mime except for Skip and I?

I don't know. I have a much better fight in mind for these sprites anyways then having a unit that can mimic things. It can be really useful, but ultimately ... other people and I would prefer straight-forward classes.

Quote from: "TheDamned"I still say that having a lot of changes in such a small time period doesn't make that much sense, class-wise, unless you're going to have Delita order that too. (I could understand about the Paladins, but the other stuff....)

Just for something new. There doesn't need to be a huge ... in game reason for all this changing. Not to mention, most of the changes do come from other Final Fantasies, so I think it fits just fine. *Shrug* I don't see much conflict with this, myself.

The Damned

November 09, 2008, 12:44:27 am #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
(Argh. Why do I never see all the typos before someone quotes it?)

As for the in-story reason, that's a valid point. I think doing my own patch right now is coloring my perceptions of your patch right now, especially since you're keeping your story secret (and rightly so).

As for Ranger and Beastmaster, I edited in the reasons that it seems like they would be a pain or out of place.

With regards to Bard/Dance, I'm assuming you're mean that you're just using the sprite like in Shuushin again, then, right?

Lydyn

November 09, 2008, 12:55:46 am #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
My plot isn't revolved around the classes as perhaps some others, so I don't really think it has a big of an impact as some others. Not to mention, I do think it'd be for the betterment of the patch to give a more medieval feel to it and this is what I thought up.

Beastmaster -> By the time I even have a beta released, I'm sure SentialBlade would've been kind enough to make [BlaBlaBla] If Monster or ELSE MISS. *Shrug*

Ranger -> Maybe so. I'll have to talk to Disco to be sure I don't copy him ... and then give Archer's more bow-based attacks.

As for Bards/Dancers, yes the same I did in Shuushin. Seems to be the most elegant solution at the moment.

Russelldrome

November 09, 2008, 02:08:25 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Russelldrome
i was bored and reading brave story entries for Zalmo and i know its not directly linked to the church and might not fit in anywhere but what about having a Pagan examiner as a boss or a character in the story who is after agrias for trying to talk to the princess or after ramza after hearing he survived the blast after defeating altima... only a thought