• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:04:17 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Resolution

Started by Lydyn, November 04, 2008, 07:50:13 pm

Would you like to see this done?

Yes, I'd love to see this done!
33 (47.8%)
Not interested.
3 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: November 04, 2008, 07:50:13 pm

The Damned

November 04, 2008, 11:34:00 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "Lydyn"Come again? When did he find this out? O.o

That's what I would also like to know.

However, it's an assumption that he did that given the fact that presumably everything (or at least most of it up to the point where Ramza meets Olan for the last time before the ending) we've find out about in FFT is told to us through the Durai Papers that Alazam (sp?) is using to clear Olan's name.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Lydyn

November 04, 2008, 11:40:16 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Oh, oh, gotcha. Dunno ... could easily include that in this story though.

Archael

November 05, 2008, 01:33:01 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Lasting Dawn has taken the time to figure alot of things out for himself, perhaps we have alot to learn from him.

I think Lydyn you are the best man to edit this project because I know you put a lot of time and effort into your work and you are not the type to leave something un-finished no matter how long it takes.

I think this is a wonderful idea and a good chance to show what FFH is made of.

and YES

map order needs to be changed

this is of utmost importance

(GO OBAMA!! WHOOOO FUCK YEAH SEA KING!!!!!!!)

Lydyn

November 05, 2008, 01:39:43 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Well, the best I can say now is ... let's deal with what we know we can do now and I'll see what I can do about learning event editing. I'm pretty sure I'll be okay once I get the hang of it, but it's getting the hang of it that'll be the problem. ;P As for map order, that may not be possible ... at least Cheetah said it wasn't. I'd love to do it though. I'll probably be in the chat room tomorrow ... around 12-1 PM (-7 GMT) time. Have to see what other jobs I can apply to before doing anything else.

Archael

November 05, 2008, 08:39:48 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
it won't be anything like a sequel with the current map order

same map order = fail

must find a way

Russelldrome

November 05, 2008, 08:56:08 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Russelldrome
Hi i know this is my first post, but if you need any in-game testers il be willing to help if needed as this sounds like a great project!!

Lydyn

November 05, 2008, 08:35:16 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Not at the moment, but I'll keep you in mind. Trying to get an outline of the story and spriting while Voldemort is in New York and then more discussing when he gets back. ;)

boomkick

November 05, 2008, 09:18:31 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Ill be a tester but this an idea to keep some part of Ramza is alive or not up to the player.

Instead of making Ramza's descendant, or son (or daughter o.O), make it so that the main character gain's Ramza's soul. Like how someone complimented Ramza in inheriting Balbanes' soul.

And the classes and such may be entirely the same. I refuse to post story suggestions in public since that may spoil many many events and things, but i'm willing to send them through PM and other forms of story telling.

This is an ENTIRE revamp of the game, from events and linking maps. New characters, new everything except a few classes.

O yeah, another idea would to put the deep dungeon as an extra area where you can find Ramza's ghost o.O.

Archael

November 05, 2008, 09:27:56 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Hmm

not a bad idea

also because "the one who defeated Altima before" is Ramza's descendant

a beoulve

Lydyn

November 05, 2008, 09:35:11 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Uh ... I think everyone is misunderstanding. The aim was that Ramza is still the main character. I want to focus on Ramza's Ancestor (as in, who he was, why was he the one who defeated St. Ajora before) because at the end when you fight Altima, s/he says, "You're the descendant of the one who killed me before..."

The aim is to have a story that continues from when Ramza defeated Altima, which covers the origins of the Zodiac Stones, Ramza's Ancestor (same as above), what happened to Delita, and what happens after he does defeat Altima.

Archael

November 05, 2008, 09:42:17 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
if you already have the story layed out you should post it so people stop discussing storyline ideas

Lydyn

November 05, 2008, 09:44:11 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I don't have the whole storyline down.

Archael

November 05, 2008, 10:11:27 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Voldemort7"if you already have the story layed out you should post it so people stop discussing storyline ideas

layed out, I said

post the story lay out so people stop discussing storyline ideas which will not go in

Lydyn

November 05, 2008, 10:17:23 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Oh, sorry, misunderstood.

Well, the general layout (without too many spoilers) is you start off with Ramza and Alma in your party at first with an introduction paragraph. You run into Agrias and battle issues.

You find out she's branded as a traitor for trying to kidnap the princess. As the story progresses, you find out that Ramza was able to keep hold of four Zodiac Stones from the explosion, but you're finding some of the others in other's possession. As you continue, you start to unravel the mystery of the stones, the origin of Ramza's ancestry, and the true goal of a new appearing villain. You also confront Delita within the story, as King of Ivalice.

ArkDelgato

November 05, 2008, 11:41:10 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ArkDelgato
But Lydyn, the princess is dead!
Or is it Delita's daughter/
Which stones did he keep?

Lydyn

November 05, 2008, 11:46:22 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "ArkDelgato"But Lydyn, the princess is dead!
Or is it Delita's daughter?
Which stones did he keep?

That's only implied ... really, we can take it any way we want. It simply scrolls up and you hear a scream. It can be assumed they both died, really, but we're not assuming that in this patch.

What stones did he keep? I don't know yet, I'll have to research which ones came from where and how.

Edit: Sorry, wrong scene. Oh well ... there's still ways around things. Though I'm finding out everyone is so set on both of them dying, even though there is ways around this. This stubbornness is slightly disappointing & frustrating.

philsov

November 06, 2008, 12:24:45 am #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
As far as general settings go, recall that when the first Altima was defeated Ivalice had steam-ish levels of technology and airships (I'm guessing FF6-ish) which really opens up a lot of doors from the basic medieval bit.  Plus, you can have moogles.  Yay moogles.

Addtionally you can probably throw in the real Ajora/Germonik/Golgarond bit if the timelines align just so.

QuoteWhat stones did he keep? I don't know yet, I'll have to research which ones came from where and how.

Almost positive all of em but Virgo, since that was in Hash/Vormav's possession until he killed himself and then died all Tellah-like.  Its enough of a blur that you can claim Ramza + co got them all or that that one was lost and then SUDDENLY REAPPEARED IN THE HANDS OF AN EVIL man.  It can really go either way, though its safe to assume Ramza + co have 12 total (even Serp, thanks Edi).  You can possibly bend the story a bit and say they each got handed back out to the company of the Holy Knights, Rafalak, etc.

Edit 2:

QuoteYou find out she's branded as a traitor for trying to kidnap the princess. As the story progresses, you find out that Ramza was able to keep hold of four Zodiac Stones from the explosion, but you're finding some of the others in other's possession. As you continue, you start to unravel the mystery of the stones, the origin of Ramza's ancestry, and the true goal of a new appearing villain. You also confront Delita within the story, as King of Ivalice.

Then its not really about his ancestor then, huh? :'(
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Lydyn

November 06, 2008, 12:35:39 am #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "philsov"
QuoteYou find out she's branded as a traitor for trying to kidnap the princess. As the story progresses, you find out that Ramza was able to keep hold of four Zodiac Stones from the explosion, but you're finding some of the others in other's possession. As you continue, you start to unravel the mystery of the stones, the origin of Ramza's ancestry, and the true goal of a new appearing villain. You also confront Delita within the story, as King of Ivalice.

Then its not really about his ancestor then, huh? :'(

No, no it isn't ... it's supposed to be about what happens to Ramza after he defeats Altima.

I'm starting to get really frustrated about what I can do though. Everyone seems so set in stone that Delita (and Ovelia) have to die in order to stay close to the story that it's leaving me with little options about good plot twists and admitting annoying me some because I think Delita - at least - should survive if I continue to plot onwards.

Seriously, I need some good, creative ideas what to do with this.

Edit: Nevermind, Joeker (in chat) came up with a really good idea for a work-around.

philsov

November 06, 2008, 01:27:38 am #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
But Delita DID live.  King Delita lived on to have a prosperous and peaceful reign, if I'm recalling the quote correctly.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Zozma

November 06, 2008, 01:32:14 am #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
no that b*tch got him good, he dead!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!