• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:15:52 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

SHISHISPRITE

Started by Mrfuzzy, July 13, 2018, 06:47:40 pm

Mrfuzzy

I felt the the tutorials on YouTube for using shishisprite seemed really outdated and complicated for me
By any chance, is the new version of shishi easier to use now??? The palette image changes looked tough
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

color palette has nothing to do with shishi. That's with the image itself. I really don't see how it could get any easier. 16 colors for sprite, 16 for portrait, and generally 5 different palettes per generic spritesheet (though it can go up to 8 iirc), only 1 for most unique sprites.

Mrfuzzy

I know it may seem insanely easy for the you as ive seen the cool projects you worked on but you have to look at my perspective, im not that computer savvy and the vids on youtube are hard to understand, it seems so convoluted. I apologize , I just figured someone might be able to help me out but hey not everyone has time to spare so its understandable

lunar

well the way i have learned how to change color pallets or set to a specific pallet is with graphic gale which i believe someone has uploaded the video to youtube here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f12qKI6-JsE
one wrong thing with this video tho is the formation sprites you can do that on shishi.   
"Lassworm!."
  • Discord username: Tensho

Mrfuzzy

I tried following this guys steps but he begins to skip certain parts because he says that hes already done. and while hes doing something he switches back to another example. its funny because he even catches himself messing up so im getting frustrated with him.

lunar

@Mrfuzzy
OK can you explain the real problem you are having. is it that you want more sprite pallets? Or you need help because when you edit a sprite and go in to the game the sprite shows as black? If it ain't these please tell us and explain the problem
@Elric 
Yes i think I'm being a Hippocratic sorry but thanks
"Lassworm!."
  • Discord username: Tensho

Nyzer

Palette changes are by far the easiest part of spriting. The hardest part of palette changes themselves is simply deciding upon the colors you want.

The only part I could imagine to be confusing is if you don't know you can save/load palettes, import palettes from other spritesheets, and copy/paste sections of palettes.

That, and not knowing how FFT handles palettes, which is fairly simple: the first 16 colors are one palette, and one palette is used per sprite and per portrait. The first 8 palettes are for the sprites. The last 8 palettes are for the portraits. They match up: the first sprite palette uses the first portrait palette (the ninth), the second sprite uses the second portrait (the tenth) and so on.

If you're still lost somehow, you need to explain how and why.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mrfuzzy

thanks for replying, yeah so its been more than a year since ive tried doing it myself, although I didn't get very far

so to be quite honest with you guys, im more of a visual learner than I am taking verbal instructions
when I watched the video on youtube, there were certain words I didn't understand or did not know exactly what he was referring to
and when he was trying to demonstrate an example, he would refer to things he didn't introduce at the beginning of his video, technically assuming I understood other aspects of shishi.

i was hoping there was an updated video
, and look if you arent looking to help and just to throw a condescending comment my way please just save it. i know most of you peeps are on another level when it comes to hacktics but anyone willing to help, this chocobo would appreciate it thanks fellas and ladies

Mrfuzzy

Btw i want to learn everything about pallets and image changing and everything related to sprite changing, because i don't know jack shit, im sorry really
i appreciate the feedback though !!!!

Nyzer

All I can do is point you at the Tutorials subsection of the Help forum here. "Everything" is way too broad.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mrfuzzy

is this still the way to replace a sprite or is this outdated? plus how can i get CD mage? the links to it are no longer working

3lric

No.

Use the FFH wiki to get cdmage

Use newest shishi for sprite/formation/battle sprite insertion

Mrfuzzy

Mrfuzzy

hey elric is this what youre talking about because it doesn't work

Xifanie

The download link is in the versions column. The next one to the right.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

nessabell92

Dang.

Mrfuzzy

that went over my head

nessabell92

Yeah I've been trying to figure this out too
I havent done this in so long

Mrfuzzy

it was working one second and now im getting this error message that wont allow me to open the fft bin on shishi
I haven't even switched any files over yet

Mrfuzzy

don't laugh at the wallpaper in the back, this is my wifes laptop