Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Pages: [1]
"Blame yourself or God."
Ildon [Posts: 40]
  • View Profile
  • [October 21, 2017, 07:03:46 AM]
(PSP) FFT: WotL Git Gud Lite Edition (Patch Version 0.9.81)
« on: October 21, 2017, 07:03:46 AM »
As the title implies this is a mod for Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions for the PSP...
::NOTE::
Links to the bundle (patching instructions and a copy of the current change log) as well as the current .ppf for patching are below.  They will be updated so that no one has to scour the thread for the current versions. 

This mod leaves the original story of the game intact while focusing on rebalancing aspects of the game related to combat. 

Ability descriptions, job descriptions, and status messages have been edited to generally be more informative.

ALL of the psp exclusive items have been made available in the normal single player game. 

Since GGL Edition is the "lite" version of my mod it should not viewed as a hard mode mod.  I did spend a fair bit of time while working on this mod reminding myself that it was not meant to be a hard mode mod.  I have also made modifications on several occasions based on feedback from the closed beta.  However, players should still be unable to roflstomp their way through this mod in quite the same fashion as was possible with the original version of the game. 

Forethought plays a much larger role in this mod than in the original game and players may find themselves rewarded or punished based on certain playstyles. 

Certain "exploits" are no longer possible while others remain and are generally encouraged.  For example:  manafont/mana shield on a knight is no longer possible while JP overflow and spammable abilities remain to be abused at your leisure.

::Current change log::
quality of life adjustments:

ability list changes:

job changes:

Ability changes:

item changes:

known issues:

Patching instructions as well as a copy of the current change log should be present in the "psp ggl bundle"...  If anyone has issues or needs further clarification on how to apply the mod feel free to post.  Use a clean U.S. ISO when applying this patch. 

psp git gud lite bundle 0.9.81.rar is available at:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3

psp git gud lite 0.9.81.ppf is available at:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3

Feedback is more than welcome. If you encounter any "glitches"/"bugs"/issues/text errors in general please report them with information that will allow identification of said "glitches"/"bugs"/issues/text errors.  Essentially I would like to know who/where/what whenever possible.  Simply stating, "I encountered an enemy in a random battle that was level XX while my highest level party member was YY," will not cause me to scour the entire ENTD searching for a mystery mob. 

Also, I hope that whomever decides to play this mod finds at least some amusement in doing so. 

Note:
PPSSPP v1.4.2 for Windows currently appears to cause many audio issues when emulating FFT: WotL.  Version 1.3 for Windows seems to suffer from less.  So, if you experience missing/muffled sound effects please check your version.  If anyone experiences slowdown issues with my mod please feel free to PM me and I will attempt to troubleshoot the issue for you. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:30:24 PM by Ildon »
    • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • (PSP) FFT: GGL Edition 0.9.81 is now available. check here
    "Blame yourself or God."
    • View Profile
    • [October 23, 2017, 04:39:32 AM]
    Re: (PSP) FFT: WotL Git Gud Lite Edition open beta
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 04:39:32 AM »
    Version 0.9.75 is now available.

paladin679 [Posts: 3]
    • View Profile
    • [October 23, 2017, 03:41:14 PM]
    « Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »
    U.S. or PAL iso?
    "Blame yourself or God."
    • View Profile
    • [October 23, 2017, 08:00:30 PM]
    « Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:00:30 PM »
    You will need a clean U.S. ISO to apply the patch.

"Blame yourself or God."
    • View Profile
    • [October 27, 2017, 04:26:11 AM]
    « Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 04:26:11 AM »
    Version 0.9.76 is now available.

I cleaned up some spacing issues I found...  Also, I updated several status messages and ability descriptions to be more informative. 

"Blame yourself or God."
    • View Profile
    • [October 28, 2017, 07:07:04 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 07:07:04 AM »
    Version 0.9.77 is now available.

I finished updating ability descriptions to be more informative.  (At least for now)

I also modified the item level list to give players even more "breathing room"...

EDIT:
    Version 0.9.78 is now available...

I found a few ability descriptions that I had overlooked... that was a nice fml moment.

Also, Salve (Biora 2) was renamed to Heal to prevent confusion with Salve.  I tried a few different edits in an attempt to remove the "Salved!" message when you use Heal in combat, but it stubbornly persisted.  Oddly enough changing the spell effect did nothing... so I left it with the Salve effect.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:48:18 AM by Ildon »
    "Blame yourself or God."
    • View Profile
    • [October 31, 2017, 01:28:44 PM]
    Re: (PSP) FFT: WotL Git Gud Lite Edition
    « Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 01:28:44 PM »
    Version 0.9.79 is now available.

Made a few minor ENTD adjustments, added element notes to abilities that rely on equipment, and corrected a few minor typos.

• View Profile
    • [October 31, 2017, 02:28:19 PM]
    « Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »
    Just finished chapter 1. A couple comments/questions: 1. black mages are insanely overpowered early game with innate arcane strength, i do see that this will make magic much more useful late game however. 2. I like the addition of lifefont/manafont on most units. It forces you to actually finish off units as opposed to just having them run away. 3. Do units upgrade equipment as they level with you?
    "Blame yourself or God."
    • View Profile
    • [October 31, 2017, 06:05:00 PM]
    « Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 06:05:00 PM »
    Just finished chapter 1. A couple comments/questions: 1. black mages are insanely overpowered early game with innate arcane strength, i do see that this will make magic much more useful late game however. 2. I like the addition of lifefont/manafont on most units. It forces you to actually finish off units as opposed to just having them run away. 3. Do units upgrade equipment as they level with you?

1: The innate arcane strength has 2 main effects:
    a. It allows black mages to select another support ability without lowering their per spell damage output
    b. It means that each point of MA that they are buffed/debuffed by has a larger impact on their damage output.  Every 3 points of MA should essentially be viewed as 4.

Also, I agree that magic can be seriously overpowered in this mod during early stages.  I believe that on my last test run the final fight in chapter one consisted of casting tailwind and then flare to alpha strike the assassination target.  Once flare resolved the fight was over.  There are two major reasons for magic being really hard to balance early game imho.
    A. The strength of the spell is based off of an unchanging value that is then multiplied by your MA stat.  As such you can simply access end game spells in order to be able to produce relatively high damage with an undeveloped MA stat.  Melee classes either need to access end game weapons or in the case of a monk develop their PA stat. 
    B. The speed of the spells does not change over the course of the game, and is only modified by one player available support ability.  As such spells will generally feel like they cast faster at the start of the game simply because of units having undeveloped Speed, and thus there are usually more clock ticks between unit turns after the first round(s) have resolved.  This is also related to why status effects appear to grow in duration as the game progresses. 

2: It was also intended to at times make actually moving when it isn't necessary be a tactically sound choice rather than saving CT.  Also, it generally means that mages will continue to have low tier spell options even if a fight drags on.  Furthermore, if you apply the current version fewer of the melee based units have lifefont since they were more durable than they were supposed to be or they simply had other means of healing from their class. 

3: Enemy equipment will increase in quality as their levels increase.  Nearly every enemy outside of MD/DD is based off of the highest level party member that you have.  One thing to note is that every now and then you will encounter something strange like a level 80 enemy squire in a random battle using a broadsword.  Since I am not currently aware of how to set a max level limit on items available to be equipped I am uncertain of how to remove this quirk. 

I believe that in version 0.9.78 I had adjusted the minimum level requirements for most equipment so that players would be less likely to become heavily outclassed if they did minor grinding.  Of course at the same time this means that enemies may become outclassed in a low level run through the game.  Starting at Version 0.9.76 I began editing descriptions to be more informative/accurate/helpful. 

P.S. Thank you for the input, and apologies in advance for how some of the changes to skill sets may effect your current party members.  (Mostly you might end up missing or with different r/s/m abilities due to changes)
    « Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:38:54 PM by Ildon »
    "Blame yourself or God."
    • View Profile
    • [November 05, 2017, 01:43:03 PM]
    Re: (PSP) FFT: WotL Git Gud Lite Edition (Patch Version 0.9.80)
    « Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 01:43:03 PM »
    Version 0.9.80 is now available.

the main changes consist of:

Beyond those changes there were text edits for charging and float status messages to make them more informative, songs/dances that persevere had special notes added, and job requirement descriptions were edited to include more information. 

Edit:
    Version 0.9.81 should consist of:

This will possibly take a week or so to get sorted out for release due to my current schedule.  If by some chance it is released sooner... I probably skipped sleeping or will be pushing it out partially finished. 
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:41:38 PM by Ildon »
    • View Profile
    • [November 08, 2017, 03:22:58 PM]
    « Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 03:22:58 PM »
    Just finished chapter 2 and I have to say, Queklain(CĂșchulainn) is actually very challenging now. Just from fighting him a couple times I can tell his brave is pretty low, but you pretty much have to have a magic user with dispel and possibly swiftness to stop him from regaining all his health. Also like the addition of the damage traps, made taking the last bit of his health off very easy. Very enjoyable mod so far, looking forward to more updates.
    "Blame yourself or God."
    • View Profile
    • [November 08, 2017, 10:13:44 PM]
    « Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 10:13:44 PM »
    @ paladin679, I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the mod so far. 

It would appear that you used the second of three methods I intended for players to use to defeat Queklain(CĂșchulainn).  Though you managing to use the traps I placed against him I did not expect to hear honestly.  I figured that part wouldn't happen anytime soon.  Though I suppose that where there is a will there is a way. 

If you want to know about the other two methods I designed the fight to accept let me know and I'll PM you. 

Note:
    Version 0.9.81 is probably still about a week out.  Rebalancing the random encounters to not be randomly B.S. easy or wtf frustrating is just a lot of monotonous editing.  On the bright side players will not have to deal with one entry spawning anywhere from two to seven enemies.  So encounters should feel a bit more stable.  This ought to help with skill farming and monster poaching/recruitment in the future. 

Also:

Edit:
    Just a progress update...  I have completed all initial ENTD edits and over half of the final ENTD edits.  I guess either blame my laziness or anime for the delay. 

Edit 2:
    Another progress update... I have completed all final ENTD edits for the next version as well as the text updates.  Now all that's left is to politely ask the person that's going to make the custom title screen and character sprite to take a break from making outfits/accessories for FO4 and do me a solid. 
    « Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 03:12:20 AM by Ildon »
    "Blame yourself or God."
    • View Profile
    • [November 29, 2017, 04:43:08 PM]
    Re: (PSP) FFT: WotL Git Gud Lite Edition (Patch Version 0.9.81)
    « Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »
    Version 0.9.81 is now available.

Changes consist of:
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 05:31:34 PM by Ildon »
    Pages: [1]