• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:01:32 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Goblins!

Started by Son_of_Jim, October 19, 2008, 09:00:29 pm

Son_of_Jim

October 19, 2008, 09:00:29 pm Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:23:55 pm by Son_of_Jim
I want to change everything to make a story centered around goblins.
vague plans...
-goblin unique jobs, sprites, and portraits.
-keep humans generic classes around for random encounters.
-keep other monsters around for "".

edit
i want to keep it down to 11 new jobs max, and two genders of goblin.
i figure i can just replace all the unique classes.

storywise, i want to start with a human patrol raiding a goblin nest/village, and our hero/ine escaping into the wilderness.  i don't want to be held back, so i'll need a new non-ivalice overworld map too.

edit
oh yeah, i forgot, recommend me some goblin job classes!

Archael

October 19, 2008, 09:13:18 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
nice idea

I like

all goblins jobs huh

that means alot of new sprites

one for every job atleast

Zozma

October 19, 2008, 09:33:43 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
now that id love to see! (but not do myself... lol)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Archael

October 19, 2008, 10:02:54 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
goblin job ideas:

- Monster Caretaker (obviously goblins keep pets, pick a good name for this, but not Beastmaster, thats just a gay overused name), innate monster skill, train, monster talk, learns monster skills, all skills are blue mage style from monsters, powerful)
- Hunt Gobu (Bow, ranged DPS)
- Gob Lord (Warrior Tank, buffer)
- Herbalist (Uses vines / potions / medicines to attack and restore)
- Shaman (Status magic)
- War Gobu (Fighter type)
- Manslayer (male goblin only, Charms humans, breaks their gear with spells, and melee range statuses, fast, dps, low hp)
- Sacred (female goblin only, full team goblin buffs, high hp, strong physical)
- Tribe Seeker (ninja type goblin, but can equip 2x crossbows and longbows)
-

boomkick

October 19, 2008, 11:10:22 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Some after the Special NPCs out there. Most will be learned enough to use swords and the like.

Wiegraf
White Knoblin (knight/goblin) - Can equip swords and retains original Swordskills from Wiegraf.

Miluda
Dark Knoblin (knight/goblin) - Like her brother, except with Dark Sword capabilities.

Algus becomes a Goblin who eventually turns on you.
Noble Goblin- Basically the same as regular goblins except he has more physical abilites and can equip Swords/Crossbows.

Gafgarion
Mercenary G (hahaha)- Gains regular concentrate ability and able to equip Swords and Bows. Has Arm/Leg Aim and Seal Evil (mustadio/balk)

Queklin (or however you spell it)
Fat Gobu- Really high hp, but slow and strong. Also has some Poison/Sleep "spells (or smells)."

Others shall be added soon

Son_of_Jim

October 20, 2008, 12:08:40 am #5 Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:41:28 pm by Son_of_Jim
here's what i have thought of so far

physical classes:

- hunter- part ninja, part archer, part mustadio.  traps, wounds, and kills animals for food and profit.
     *gear= bows, knives, light spears, light armors.
     *skills= disable, immobilize, blind, confuse most animals, boost.  (inherent poach)
     *stats= slightly above average mobility.  slightly above average speed.

- guard- defensive fighter, slows down and damages the enemy by forcing them back and making them waste time healing.
     *gear= bows, axes, hammers, heavy spears, heavy armors.
     *skills= knockbacks, attacks that hit all units immediately around them.  (inherent defend)
     *stats= relatively slow, high hp, above average attack.

- warrior- a goblin soldier, trained to fight humans and work as a team.  well balanced and flexible.
     *gear= bows, axes, light spears, swords, light to medium armor.
     *skills= stat breaks, attacks that hit several targets in a row. (inherent re-equip)
     *stats= slightly above average speed, slightly above average attack, slightly above average hp.

- brawler (male only)- aggressive, human-hating goblin.  very dangerous, travel in packs.  kind of my version of the stereotypical fft goblin.
     *gear= can't use weapons, can only equip medium and light body armors.
     *skills= multiple hit skills, instant death skills, can break enemy equipment.  (inherent Martial Arts)
     *stats= above average mobility, slightly above average speed, below average hp, above average attack.

- minx (female only)-part dancer, part thief.  entices, traps, and robs humans.
     *gear= knives, cloths, medium and light body armors.
     *skills= steal heart, steal gear, invite goblins, various talk skills.  (inherent dual wield)
     *stats= dancer+thief.

magical classes

- priest- prays to ancestral spirits for guidance and protection.
     *healing spells and buffs

- shaman- performs rituals and makes small sacrifices to gain favor from nature spirits
     *6 elemental spells and negative status effect spells

- animal trainer (maybe i'll call it "empathetic")- blue mage+mediator+reis (but for all monsters, not just dragons)

- herbalist- (female only) makes and uses healing items, poisons, and drugs from plant and animal parts and minerals.  so, essentially a chemist that also makes poisons and can scrounge around for ingredients.  can use bows and knives.  Inherent Throw Item.

- tinkerer- (male only)- can use guns, bows, and books.  makes and throws explosives and hazardous chemicals.  very risky job.

NPC
- outcaste- goblin who mingles with humans.  i figure this type of goblin will be like a red mage, or maybe they'll be another outcaste class that uses human physical attacks too.  don't know.

- pariah- goblin who has adopted human traditions and beliefs.  kind of like dark/holy knight, but attacks not limited to one type of weapon.

edit
i think i went haywire with stat distribution... if everyone has "above average", then doesn't that just become the new "average"?

edit
bleh.  i think i'm just re-creating ffta.  several races, limited class availability... i'm trying to make something simple, a set-up where every job is useful in some way, and no job is just a stepping stone to something else.

Jacob31593

October 20, 2008, 06:00:57 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jacob31593
i think it sounds like a good idea, good luck

AuraDragon

October 20, 2008, 04:32:39 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AuraDragon
Have fun, can't wait to poach some goblins with classes. :D

Dormin Jake

October 20, 2008, 08:52:41 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
In goblin patch, I assume goblin poaches you.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Archael

October 20, 2008, 10:28:45 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Dormin Jake"In goblin patch, I assume goblin poaches you.

exactly my thoughts

BeoulveBlack

October 21, 2008, 11:47:25 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
Hunt Gobu, Gob Lord, Dark Knoblin! that crap is too funny to me...

but anyways, this would be quite the undertaking and VERY fun and interesting to play

bamseyboy

October 21, 2008, 05:26:35 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
How about a Gonnagle which would have Bard skills.
I'm not sure if Gonnagle is simply a Terry Pratchett creation but it's the bard of a tribe of 'Pictsies' and it sings awful songs to harm foes.

The Pictsies could have some traits in common with Goblins.