• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:23:03 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New Jobs (Total Patch)

Started by bamseyboy, October 14, 2008, 10:38:17 am

bamseyboy

October 14, 2008, 10:38:17 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
This is a patch I decided to make, simply it just changes all the classes totally.

Features:
-10 New Classes
-Many all new moves
-Totally revamped battles

Mercenary (Knives, Ninja Swords, Clothes, Hats)
Replaces Monk
The 4 Steals (Excluding Steal Accessory)
The 4 Ruins
Steal EXP
Steal Heart
Pummel
Earth Slash

Templar (Swords, Knightswords, Spears, Helmets, Armour)
Replaces Dragoon
Astra (Esuna)
Haste
Rasp (MP Damage)
Warcry (Decrease an enemy's speed)
Silence
Cheer (Focus)
Lifebreak (Shock)
Lifebane (Doom Fist)
Inner Focus (Chakra)
Holy Render (Holy element Aurablast)

Ranger (Crossbows, Bows, Hats, Clothes)
Replaces Thief
Leg Aim
Arm  Aim
Burial (Seal Evil)
Black Out
Beso Toxico
Vanish (Vanish self)
4 Rends
Sonic Boom
Wind Arrows

Grease Monkey (Guns, Hats, Clothes)
Replaces Chemist
Oil
Dirty Bomb (Oil on everyone)
Bullet Rain (Fire Damage to every enemy)
Charmshot
Stopshot
Blindshot
Red Spring (Haste)
Blue Screw (Dispel)
Green Gear (Poison)
Gold Mecha (Wall)

Assassin (Katana, Bows, Hats, Clothes)
Replaces Ninja
Shadowbind (Stop)
Aphonia (Sleep)
Ague (Slow)
Rockseal (Petrify)
Nightmare (Doom)
Last Breath (Death)
Fire Veil (Confuse)
Water Veil (Silence)

Witch Doctor (Staves, Poles, Hats, Robes)
Replaces Oracle
Dark
Dark 2
Dark 3
Vine (Earth)
Drown (Water)
Blast (Wind)
Drain
Syphon
Flare
Ultima
Scathe (Massive damage in a line)

Dream Weaver (Staves, Crossbows, Hats, Robes)
Replaces White Mage
40 Winks (Sleep)
Barrier (Protect OR Shell)
Lifefont (Regen)
Esuna
Reraise
Blind
Immobilise

Karma Mage (Daggers, Staves, Hats, Robes, Clothes)
Replaces Geomancer
Healing Song
Healing Dance
Healing Ritual
Karma (Life)
Chakra (Full-Life)
Majestic Light (Regen to large group)
Sign of Peace (Charm)
Sign of Hate (Berserk)
Preach (Increase Faith)
Incite (Increase Brave)

Beast Keeper (Books, Hats, Clothes)
Replaces Time Mage
Invite
Demon (Ifrit)
Queen (Shiva)
King (Ramuh)
Sprite (Moogle)
Fairy
Kirin (Regen to group, Silf anim)
Drake (Bahamut)
Emperor (Zodiark)
Focus (+MP)
Quickening (Large damage)

Viking (Swords, Axes, Helmets, Armour)
Replaces Bard
Bolt
Bolt 2
Bolt 3
Bolt 4
Pickpocket (Steal Gil)
Riptide Dragon (Leviathan)
En Garde (Defend on ally)
Pillage (Steal Accessory)

Job Tree

All '>' are job Level 4

Mercenary > Templar >Assassin
Ranger    > Grease Monkey
Dream Weaver > Witch Doctor > Viking
Karma Mage > Beast Keeper

Any constructive critisism?

DarthPaul

October 14, 2008, 11:13:02 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
i think the ranger should also equip knives and swords because of the whole aspect of the ranger you see in books and movies namely aragorn and legolas (SP?) from lotr they were both technically rangers but one used a sword the other a bow
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

bamseyboy

October 14, 2008, 11:18:45 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
Good idea, I'll implement that.

Lydyn

October 14, 2008, 11:24:16 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Before you get too far, it seems both SentialBlade and I are having the same problems; you can't change the Lancer, Ninja, or Samurai skillsets to <Default>. While you should (haven't tested it myself) be able to mess with the samurai forumlas and such of his draw out, you cannot set anything but throw and jump abilities to the Lancer or Ninja. It really sucks, but no one has figure out how to get around this so far. =/ Just trying to save you the pain of finding out later.

Otherwise it's an interesting idea. Might want to keep Geomancer with elemental though, I'm not sure if he has the same problem as the Ninja/Lancer/Samurai or not. I wish you best of luck!

bamseyboy

October 14, 2008, 11:28:53 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
.... That's really.... sad.
I guess the Knight sprite will be used for Templar but what can I use for Assassin?

Lydyn

October 14, 2008, 11:33:21 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Hm. You can use my Dark Knight sprite if you want and replace Dancer with Assassin. It's a similar idea to what I'm doing actually, heh. It's the "ODORI_W.SPR" in the first post (at the very end).

bamseyboy

October 14, 2008, 11:36:17 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
I really have no idea how to use the sprite replacement.... program.

Lydyn

October 14, 2008, 11:47:12 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Well, there's very few people who don't understand my guides, so try clicking the link in my signature "Lydyn's Collection of Guides." It explains how to replace sprites, step by step. If not, you can still replace Dancer. I almost think Sprites are that extra goodie, but aren't needed for a great patch. :)

DarthPaul

October 14, 2008, 12:00:16 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
yes the sprite programs are the easiest part even if they arent in english
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

bamseyboy

October 14, 2008, 12:14:24 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
I just haven't used it yet, it does look easy (the interface I mean).

DarthPaul

October 14, 2008, 01:14:37 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
yea the hard part is photoshopping the images

The Damned

October 14, 2008, 05:02:22 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
If FFTA was good for anything, then one of the few things it was good for was showing how incredibly broken Assassin is, especially once you give players control of it. I'm bringing this up because your Assassin is basically the FFTA Assassin and considering what storylines thing you would do in your patch and the superiority of FFT's AI to its bastard "counterpart", some battles may be impossible, even random ones, depending on the amount of Assassins.

(Please no one point out the MALPAN 1.3 DD battle.)

Templar is similarly looking broken, but only because Shock. Get rid of that and it should be good.

You would have to fix Oil's glitch before Grease Monkey became fully functional; as it stands right now, Oil, even in 1.3, doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

Other than that, it looks nice, but 10 classes might be too little. It all depends on what direction you go in and what battles there would be if you completely overhauling everything.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Jacob31593

October 14, 2008, 05:29:58 pm #12 Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 07:11:24 pm by Jacob31593
i like templar, if you could add the other banga classes from FFTA that would be awsome

Archael

October 14, 2008, 06:51:40 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
About the Ninja / Samu / Lancer skillset issue with <Default>

Why don't you guys just use a custom skillset for them?

I don't see what the big deal is...

Give them a new skillset which uses <Default>  (Give Lancer a modified Dragon skillset, etc etc)

problem solved

Vanya

October 14, 2008, 07:09:13 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
the problem with that is if a job is set to use a skill set other than it's original one it doesn't work right either.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Archael

October 14, 2008, 07:42:27 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Ninja job doesn't accept any skillset besides it's default Throw?

Vanya

October 14, 2008, 11:30:00 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
No job does as a player unit. It causes odd things to happen.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lydyn

October 14, 2008, 11:32:37 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
It does accept it, but I believe I was the first to discover the problem with this. Let me give you an example of what happens. Let's say you have the four skills from Squire; Accumulate, Throw Stone, Heal, and Dash. Now, let's say we give Ninja a custom skillset that has ... I don't know, Moogle, Gigaflare, Ultima, and Revive. Well, you go outside of battle and let's pretend you learn Ultima and Moogle.

Now the trouble starts when you enter battle. Even though I choose to learn Ultima and Moogle, suddenly I know Revive and Gigaflare instead! What? That's doesn't make sense though... well, in this example, if you had looked at what that unit learned as a Squire, you'd see they learned Throw Stone (2nd skill in this example) and Dash (4th skill in this example).

Basically, in simple terms what happens ... is when you apply a different skillset to a unit than what it was originally, it will take what skills you can use in battle off of what you've learned as a Squire - not the current class. You could not learn any, but if you learned all the Squire Action skills, you'll know all four skills in battle (or the first four, if there's more than four in the custom skillset).

So, it does work, just not the way we'd want it to.

boomkick

October 14, 2008, 11:36:19 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
uhh huh, gave the ninja a new ability set with all of the high powered abilities. Named Guts.

I believe this is absolutely possible, but you need to replace their skillset with another. Maybe an empty slot while your at it.

Archael

October 15, 2008, 12:27:53 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I see the problem

hmm

if that is indeed true, then

we need to find a skillset that looks at Ninja abilities learned

not Squire

I'm sure one of the custom ones has to have it

will take a lot of testing tho

else,

the above solution will work