• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:39:18 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Monsters and Equipment? Possible?

Started by scorpiova, April 23, 2017, 03:05:13 pm

scorpiova

Hey guys,

Quick question - is it possible to allow monsters to equip weapons and/or armor?

If so, where would I start on making that work?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Pride

You'd have to remove /all/ the hardcoding on monsters, which I don't think anyone has been able to remove
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

scorpiova

Quote from: Pride on April 23, 2017, 04:52:23 pm
You'd have to remove /all/ the hardcoding on monsters, which I don't think anyone has been able to remove

Right on, thanks. :)

Good to know!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Emmy

This is an issue of superfluous checks for monster littered about the code.  I found over a dozen instances of these checks, and removing the code was still not enough, which tells me that there's more out there. :(  Sorry :(

Timbo

I can't remember where the monster job bytes start in the table you can create 9 un-recruitable "human "special jobs for Mindflayers, Goblins, and Skeletons. I think it might be easier to create an ASM that locks a Human into it's base job than search through miles of what I'm guessing is largely undocumented code. I've started learning asm recently but I'm still very much a novice so I'm not qualified to help you.
  • Discord username: Timbo