• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:53:00 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

truncated error when importing back into cdmage

Started by makennedy, July 29, 2012, 08:42:15 pm

makennedy

ok, formation spriting=easy...but the battle sprites are killing me here. i can get the sprite to appear and walk but attacks are partial images and the portraits aren't there. when i imported the file back into cdmage it gave me the "file is longer, will be truncated msg and i clicked yes. so the file apparently is too large yet i followed the tutorial to the "T" (what little info there was to go off of) i exported from cdmage-open shishi-"open"=>extracted sprite-"import"=>wanted sprite-"save as"=>overwrite extracted sprite-cdmage=>import file(this is where it errors). any insight would be pretty spectacular. i'll attach the image of the imported sprite making me look dumb

DarkShade

I suggest using ShiShi to add sprites to game. If you are using it which format did you setup for him, if your using Type 2 he is a Type 1 sprite. If your still having problems personal message me.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

makennedy

so for anyone who looks at this post for answers this is the solution: get the newest shishi from the patch download on this site (i had the old version) then when you enter the new shishi: iso=>psx=>import=>select your iso=>select sprite you wish the alter=>import new sprite=>iso=>psx=>patch=>click correct boxes/select iso file=>ok. following these steps it will now be imported as a battle sprite and should work with no issues.

Durbs

You used CDMage to import them? I didn't even know you could. I learn something new every day. :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: PSX