• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:52:50 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Salude!

Started by Blitzball Pro, March 05, 2016, 12:04:15 am

Blitzball Pro

Greetings all! I've been a fan of Final Fantasy Hacktics and all the fabulous mods, hacks and awesomeness that continually impresses and keeps my favorite game of all time even more replayable than I ever imagined. Unfortunately, being 35 years old, married with a toddler and an infant does not leave me with much time, but when I get the chance I am always finding myself scouring the forums, picking up on certain aspects of what has been done, tools that can help me and so on. I can't say I'm very knowledgeable as far as coding goes, my experience with it is limited to really simple codes using programs build in emulators or cheat engine. I'm sort of dabbling in a bit of everything right now, doing bits at a time with fft patcher, grabbing ASM hacks (amazing stuff there) while trying to learn the ins and outs of spriting and event editing. There's probably a lot I don't know still with fft patcher, but I think I'm fairly savvy with it. I'm not very artistic yet but I have all the tools downloaded now to get started with that. I felt compelled to finally register today when a certain ASM proposition caught my eye, and I know I'm going to get to the point soon where I will probably need help in learning certain things. I am friendly, easy going and anxious to give and receive help where and when I can, which hopefully will expand the more I learn. I apologize for such a long-winded introduction, Blame Yourself or God! :D
That moment when Delita smacks Olan around and you realize his holy days are over . . .

Angel

Welcome! Don't apologize for your introduction, you said some great things, there.

:welcome:
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

Welcome and no worries, I'm almost 30, am married with a fulltime job, an 8 month old and a couple older children :P We aren't going anywhere, so take your time.
  • Modding version: PSX

Guru

Nice to meet you blitz. Don't let my name fool ya, I am a guru of other things not hacking(yet?) ;). I am slowly learning as well and everybody here has been very helpful. If you haven't yet, check out the tutorials section there is a TON of stuff there. The wiki has all the event info you could ever need. Good luck I always love to see new projects and hacks!

Blitzball Pro

Thank you Elric, Angel and Guru! I'm working on a patch now but it is kind of a long work in progress, nothing too serious but it is a good way to try my had at a few things I haven't before, sprite editing, a custom weapon, changing some animations around plus making some strong enemies to compensate for the custom characters I'm making and the basic classes. I may add some events eventually too, I have plans for a different patch which will definitely be event-heavy that takes place after vanilla. Will have some familiar faces to final fantasy fans and be lore friendly hopefully, that is all I can say for now. I will definitely be asking advice and help when I get ready to start rolling with that, and beforehand, lol. Hoping to start testing Xif's alternate animation patch tonight once the kiddos go to bed. So much to learn, so little time! I feel I've learned a lot in just 2 days reading different parts of the forum!
That moment when Delita smacks Olan around and you realize his holy days are over . . .