• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:32:43 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

COP sprites discussion

Started by Kokojo, April 15, 2009, 12:34:23 am

jimmyjw88

Thanks ^^
How's this for the waist plate armor part?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Quote from: "Cheetah"Mav I think that you had the right direction with the portrait before, you just needed to give his cloths a bit more substance. I'm not a fan of the big puffy hood. His goattee (spelling?, I have one I should know) needs a little work on his right side, it isn't fading out quite right and is looking a bit blobby. Trading out the eyes would be nice. Maybe making him a bit older appearing? Oh and a bit of length to his hair in the back could be a nice touch, just a tad though so that it would still fit with the sprite. Sorry just some random thoughts of giving it a bit more character.
Will do Cheetah--most of those changes sound reasonable and easy.

Sprite looks good.

Kagebunji

Sprite is good as it is, you don't have to mess with it :D I really like his hair on spr. The portrait hovewer looks like older Beowulf to me :/
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Quote from: "Kagebunji"The portrait hovewer looks like older Beowulf to me :/
Hahaha, that's what I get for barely altering the base. I'll work with the hair a bit more.

Kagebunji

But old Beowulf would definitly look nice, maybe I will try him someday :D

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

mav

Still modifying Gospel...here are the results. He's got a different hairstyle, his clothing color has changed (though the clothes may change too), and he's facing a different angle. If I had more time, I would work on making the hair look less shitty, but I don't...Anyways, here:

jimmyjw88

Hmm....Now he looks like 20 year old man, but older. Perhaps combine Blansch, Beowulf and someone with beard? ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

SilvasRuin

It almost looks like a younger Basch from FFXII.

It looks alright to me.

Cheetah

This portrait interested me so I thought I would make a quick stab at some adjustments (Note that only the small one is updated). Basically just tried making him a bit older and rugged looking, changed his cape, fixed some minor stuff with his goattee and neck. I still need to change up his hair some more and finish his lower body and I will be satisfied. Criticism is always welcomed, I rarely sprite now adays.

PS: Blah sorry for the funky preview, I did all my edits with this online graphics editor (http://www.splashup.com/). It did the trick but I can't save a copy without the random chunks without ruining my working file. Just look at the new small version at the top left.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Looks good. He looks older now.

mav

Very nice--I didn't get a chance to work on the portrait for the last week, but Cheetah's improvements definitely look good. The modified hairline and wrinkles were on my list of things to do, but looks like someone's saved me the trouble. I think the face is almost perfect now, maybe we should begin focusing on the clothes.

Cheetah

He is what I have for the Gospel portrait. If anyone wants to adjust it more go for it, I'm pretty satisfied at this point.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Ot looks great, Cheetah, but there is strange dark outline on (our left) part of his hood, that is probably the only problem, oh and the "depth" of the "in-hood"(our left again)

mav

Whoops, I thought I uploaded this portrait earlier--it's basically what Cheetah posted a page back with the completed cape thing.

jimmyjw88

Amazing, guys. Amazing!!
Oh, mav's hair is different bit from Sir Cheetah ^^

Cheetah

I like Mav's cape more than my cape plus armor, My only crit would be that on the left side of the cape there is that dark line, it seems a bit early to make the image coherent and folds look incorrect. But yes I did extend the hair just a bit to make him look less like 20 yr boy. Is there anything else we want to do besides combining Mav and mine?

Great tag teaming this guys!
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Quote from: "Cheetah"My only crit would be that on the left side of the cape there is that dark line!

I said it in my last post, I only mistaken cape for hood xD

jimmyjw88

Is it possible to give him some wrinkles on his face? Hmm...I think probably not.

mav

I dunno how to handle wrinkles in this art style, but I think he's okay right now. I've tried combining mine and Cheetah's a bit more--I decided to make the goatee a little wider as well, just to fill out his face. I cleaned up the palette a little bit too. I can hop to reducing this to 16 colors and cropping it to in game size, but I'll wait till you guys let us know what needs fixing.