• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:18:10 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Andrew

Request: Can you guys move this debate to another thread, please?
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

Speaking of requests.  My schedule should be freed up a couple of days before Halloween so if anyone in mind wants me to do a match for them as always just PM me. If you have an opponent in mind please let me know
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Andrew

Here are today's matches.  Feel free to post requests!

FFT Arena 1.39c: Yourtooslow (fpkfor - Blue)  -=VS=-  Global Warming (Krypt - Red)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Faith (formerdeathcorps - White)  -=VS=-  Caravan of Remembrance (TrueLight - Black)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Elemental Ravagers (Corosar - Red)  -=VS=-  Laundry (Fdquinn11 - Yellow)

The rounds will always go as follows:

Round 1 = medium-sized maps
Round 2 = large/small-sized maps
Tiebreaker = medium-sized maps

The maps are randomly-selected (www.random.org) from a modified list of the maps that Gaignun deemed worthy in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8608.0.

I randomize who fights who, as well.  Once a player is selected, I then randomly pick one of their teams, unless there's some sort of exception, of course.  If somebody has a request, I will fulfil it to the best of my ability.

I know that this results in some one-sided matches, but there are also some pairings that people may have not thought of before that prove to be interesting!  If there are some teams that people would like to see removed from the pool, then we can talk about it.  Enjoy!

(Also, I'm always updating the memory card generator's team list, which can be downloaded in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11117.0.)

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3RK1n2ZPqxk8wZdG8-wyng (I cannot get a custom URL yet.)

0001:

0002:

0003:

0004:

0005:

0006:

0007:

0008:

0009:

0010:

0011:

0012:

0013:

0014:

0015:

0016:

0017:

0018:

0019:

0020:

0021:

0022:

0023:

Corosar

Quote from: Andrew on October 25, 2015, 12:22:02 pm
Here are today's matches.  Feel free to post requests!

FFT Arena 1.39c: Yourtooslow (fpkfor - Blue)  -=VS=-  Global Warming (Krypt - Red)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Faith (formerdeathcorps - White)  -=VS=-  Caravan of Remembrance (TrueLight - Black)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Elemental Ravagers (Corosar - Red)  -=VS=-  Laundry (Fdquinn11 - Yellow)

The maps are randomly-selected (www.random.org) from a modified list of the maps that Gaignun deemed worthy in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8608.0.

I randomize who fights who, as well.  Once a player is selected, I then randomly pick one of their teams, unless there's some sort of exception, of course.  If somebody has a request, I will fulfil it to the best of my ability.

I know that this results in some one-sided matches, but there are also some pairings that people may have not thought of before that prove to be interesting!  If there are some teams that people would like to see removed from the pool, then we can talk about it.  Enjoy!

(Also, I'm always updating the memory card generator's team list, which can be downloaded in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11117.0.)

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3RK1n2ZPqxk8wZdG8-wyng (I cannot get a custom URL yet.)

0001:

0002:

0003:

0004:

0005:

0006:

0007:

0008:

0009:

0010:

0011:

0012:

0013:

0014:

0015:

0016:

0017:

0018:

0019:

0020:

0021:

0022:

0023:

Again thanks for the Match Andrew! love just how many come out to watch! i don't have time for all of them :P

As much as i love seeing myself win handedly its kinda discouraging for me... i rather lose than win.... more fun to learn about where i can improve then not... and i can gleen more from loses that wins... still great match and sorry Fdquinn11 for the match...
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Heroebal

I nearly missed this match, didn't realize it was there. A barn burner, I think epic's team having Unavoidable Skills is what clinched it for him. My team was in the Red Zone towards the end but couldn't inflict enough damage to finish the job, so Epic's team was able to recover and made it through for the win

Shintroy: Both the Bards&Dancers from the "Bards/Dancers from Hell" teams are all berserked, which is why I found it odd that Bards from hell are out performing the Dancers from hell during my test run tournament.

Kurosabes

I was wondering: if a match clearly isn't going to end and it happens to be during a tournament, how is a winner declared?
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Andrew

Here are today's matches.  Enjoy!

FFT Arena 1.39c: Epic (Unavoidable Skill - White)  -=VS=-  Andrew (Unlikely Pairings - Episode 01 - Brown)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Reks (Til Death Do Us Part 3 - Black)  -=VS=-  White Knight Wiegraf (Kakumeiki - Red)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Gaignun (Cloudsurfing - Blue)  -=VS=-  Heroebal (Mercs Incorporated - Green)

I know that this results in some one-sided matches, but there are also some pairings that people may have not thought of before that prove to be interesting!  If there are some teams that people would like to see removed from the pool, then we can talk about it.

Zalmo won't like this one bit, but... RNGesus is the true god.  Sorry to break it to ya, man.

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on October 26, 2015, 03:04:40 am
I was wondering: if a match clearly isn't going to end and it happens to be during a tournament, how is a winner declared?

Maybe by which team has the most units remaining?  I'd imagine that it'd be unlikely for both teams to have the same amount of units if the round drags on for that long.  If they do have the same amount, then... RNGesus can chime in?  Lol.

TrueLight

Thanks for the match, Andrew.

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on October 26, 2015, 03:04:40 am
I actually ran into a similar situation somewhat recently. It happened during Season 4 between Reinoe vs. Shintroy. Shintroy's Chemist was not dying and repeatedly getting Charmed which dragged on the round. If that Chemist would have been Charmed one more time, I would have ended the round there and said Reinoe won because he had more units up. Luckily, the Chemist eventually died.

Reks

Quote from: Andrew on October 26, 2015, 05:51:06 pm

FFT Arena 1.39c: Epic (Unavoidable Skill - White)  -=VS=-  Andrew (Unlikely Pairings - Episode 01 - Brown)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Reks (Til Death Do Us Part 3 - Black)  -=VS=-  White Knight Wiegraf (Kakumeiki - Red)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Gaignun (Cloudsurfing - Blue)  -=VS=-  Heroebal (Mercs Incorporated - Green)

I know that this results in some one-sided matches, but there are also some pairings that people may have not thought of before that prove to be interesting!  If there are some teams that people would like to see removed from the pool, then we can talk about it.

Zalmo won't like this one bit, but... RNGesus is the true god.  Sorry to break it to ya, man.

Maybe by which team has the most units remaining?  I'd imagine that it'd be unlikely for both teams to have the same amount of units if the round drags on for that long.  If they do have the same amount, then... RNGesus can chime in?  Lol.

I meant to remove this team, due to the obvious flaws, so apologies about that.

Round one gave me a taste of my own medicine. Round two was lost the instant the Bard decided to finally do something other than Sing. I do like the Oracle and Chemist on my team, though.

GG WKW, and I'll be removing this version on Till Death shortly.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Kurosabes

Thanks for the answers. Since there are currently no time limits to a match, arbitrary decision seems to be the only solution.

So Kakumeiki has retired another team huh... I seem to be good at that. Is that a good or bad thing?

Decided to roll a gauntlet match, I will record as soon as I can. I have posted RNG stuff here instead since I have way too many notepads saved in my FFT Notes folder for my own good (a long-term result of hastily saving stuff I wrote down before going to bed).

Rolling a gauntlet to record from the 22 players I have considered "active"...

Rolled 11: Rouroni Elmdor

Rolling one of 5 possible teams. SCC team was not counted, unsure if it fits regular Arena criteria.

Rolled 4: Intergalactic real estate agents

Rolling 4 different opponents out of 21 players. Removing one possibility after each roll for different players.

Rolled 12: Reks. 20 possibilities left
Rolled 13: CT5Holy. 19 possibilities left
Rolled 12: Mudvayne. 18 possibilities left
Rolled 14: Andrew.

Rolling opponents' teams.....

[Reks] Rolled 6: Squired Away
[CT5Holy] Rolled 9: Iron Will
[Mudvayne] Rolled 1: Caster Chix
[Andrew] Rolled 5: Unlikely Pairings Ep.5

The matches have been determined.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Reks

Oh, no. I meant to pull them off until I could do something with them because I didn't like the number of flaws I saw i n them, WKW.

Your team is pretty decent, but not the cause of the removal :P
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Andrew

FFT Arena 1.39c: Rev4nd (Sneaky Magic - Red)  -=VS=-  Dokurider (General Winters Army - White)

FFT Arena 1.39c: ShadowDragon15 (The Celts - Black)  -=VS=-  Lakitu673 (The Evil Police - Red)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Andante49 (MA Mime - Yellow)  -=VS=-  CT5Holy (All-Ultima - White)

BONUS MATCH:
FFT Arena 1.39c: Shintroy (Bad Breath - Green)  -=VS=-  Shintroy (Really Bad Breath - Blue)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3RK1n2ZPqxk8wZdG8-wyng (Can't get a custom URL yet.)
- Additional team information can be found on YouTube in the description section for each match.
- The embedded videos only run in 720p30.  If you want 720p60, you will have to watch them on YouTube.

Shintroy

Didn't read the team names so I thought I was watching a "Strangers by the Lake" match.

R1/R2 - Extremely lucky rng for Rev4nd. Didn't even get to see any absorb action from Dokurider's team.

Didn't request and never would request a masturbation match but a match is a match.

R1 - I only tested this match up on small and large maps so this outcome was surprising.  Never been disgusted by my own luck before.
R2 - Started out as expected from RBB, but RNG does it again.

Thanks for the match. To be fair to RBB, there is a Great Malboro on BB. Still didn't think it'd be that one sided with such a huge speed advantage, medium maps aside.
Some day my people will be free.

Andrew

Quote from: Shintroy on October 27, 2015, 03:54:57 pm
Didn't request and never would request a masturbation match but a match is a match.

R1 - I only tested this match up on small and large maps so this outcome was surprising.  Never been disgusted by my own luck before.
R2 - Started out as expected from RBB, but RNG does it again.

Thanks for the match. To be fair to RBB, there is a Great Malboro on BB. Still didn't think it'd be that one sided with such a huge speed advantage, medium maps aside.

Eh, I just read the comment you used to have in Team Submissions about those two teams and thought that it would be an amusing match, and I had some extra time, so I decided to record it.  Also, you're welcome!

Heroebal

My first attempt at posting a match/video of anything, so it will be a little rough around the edges until I get used to it. For example gameplay noise on the 1st recording is a little low b/c I didn't realize my personal volume setting effected it :).
Music/narrating probably won't be implemented until a later date when I get more comfortable with recordings. I'm hoping I put in the links correctly also.

I set it to private I think/hope it's viewable through sending a link to it, If not I will just make it public.

I'm attempting to do like a "Battle Royal" or "king/queen of the mountain" style set up where winners stay on until knocked off via another team. Just to make it a little different than standard match ups. The opponents and maps are randomly generated. 

Corosar (Soul Squad) Vs Andrew (Unlikely Pairings- Episode 3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTBkvEbBUIM

Winner of match 1 vs fpkfor (YourTooSlow)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF5D5tYQmFM&feature=youtu.be

Winner of match 2 vs silentkaster (Thieves Guild)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_W_8PFkt-w&feature=youtu.be

If there's any problems or tips/advice you might have I will try to adjust and fix it. Not wanting to spoil past matches I will probably leave it as "Winner of Match X vs Player (team) until I think of something better. Also If you think I'm running the video's too fast I can lower the fps also for future videos.

Heroebal

Alright I switched them all to public, hopefully the work now.

silentkaster

Good job, you defeated them! First defeat they've received. RNG decided to take a diarrhea on me with two 14% (might as well be 100% since it was literally 2/2) shots hitting, Arm Aim hitting when it was relevant, and no status proccing on my side, unfortunately. I may have to take one of the cursed rings off and replace it with something else. In any case, that was their first defeat so congrats on that.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Andrew

Thanks for the battle royal, Heroebal!

Me versus Corosar: I've tested against this team before a few times and that Bahamut would usually be the deciding factor if I lost.  I suppose that's the risk of going all out, eh?  I like the improvements that you've made to the team as of late, especially your Wizard (who hits like a truck despite being a dude).  GG!

Me versus fpkfor: My team is all about taking risks, and bathing in glory, and dealing damage... but, such a team has its weaknesses... and those weaknesses are: Hawk's Eye, magical pain, Eye of the Hawk, sometimes physical pain, and Stephen Hawking.  Hawk's Eye hurts.  Oil also hurts.  Take away my team's elemental absorb and they're sitting ducks.  Your units are very well-designed, especially your archer (hides) and chemist.  Stop packs a lot of punch, despite it always being a victim of redirection, and your monk finishes those that the archer cannot.  GG!

fpkfor versus silentkaster: In round one, fpkfor's deadliest unit got charmed, which basically meant the end for him.  Round 2 was VERY fast.... Hawk's Eye-fast.  Round 3 = hello, Holy and Hawk's Eye!  If silentkaster's units got a bit more lucky with the RNG, especially with more charms, then I think that it would have been more even.  Regardless, I've always liked that team of yours, silentkaster.

C
O
N
G
R
A
T
S

F
P
K
F
O
R
!

You've made one deadly team there.  I look forward to seeing other creations of yours!

I suggest using PCSXR and use the stretching setting, "Scale to window size, keep aspect ratio".  Also, run it with an FPS limit of 180 frames and don't use any special graphical/audio enhancing settings.  At least, that is what I do for my videos.  Also, I run it at 640x480, which is a "pixel-perfect" resolution, and in window mode.  Colour depth is 32 Bit, but I'm not sure whether or not this matters much.  Oh, and I use YouTube to edit my videos (cut out the crap and such).  Thanks again for the videos!

dw6561

Hey can I request a match with my two newest teams? I'd like to see them in action, especially the oil one because I spent forever trying to get the chemists to spam hawk's eye.

Good job with the matches guys!
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.