• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:43:44 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] Planned changes for the next release (1.01)

Started by Dome, August 11, 2011, 01:45:40 pm

Dome

August 11, 2011, 01:45:40 pm Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:16:04 pm by Dome
Those aren't bugs, but some change that will be implemented in the next version of the patch
Of course, nothing is set in stone, and you are free to propose/discuss whatever you want :-)

- All "Map spots" reachable in Ch1 will have random battles with enemies set at your own level (And not level +3 like everywhere else) and less enemies (Implemented)
- Last battles (After the point of non-return) will be harder, but more rewarding (Enemies will have a lot of rare but stealable gear like maximillian, Masamune...etc etc) (Implemented)
- Make Zorlin shape forced 2 hands, raise main gauche W.ev (Implemented)
- Give some Mp to the bomb family (The AI is stupid and won't use the spells) (Implemented)
- Bombs in the "Sweggy woods" story fight faith reduced to 40 (They can nuke half of your team before you can even move) (Implemented)
- "Touch" skills (Ghost family) random flagged, hit % lowered (Implemented)
- Rename some skill. Deathspell 2 -> Esunaga, despairga -> Dispelaga. (Implemented)
- Velius/Queklain fight reworked (Added a custom skill to the bosses, reworked skillsets) (Implemented)
- Stigma magic and chakra buffed (I'll make them able to hit yourself OR a nearby unit, but not both at the same time) (Implemented)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

I liked the idea of the last battles, but why making ch.1 battles like this? i think that enemies at higher levels make your use an strategy so this makes the game more fun, making it party level goes back to vanilla but that's just my opinion.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dome

Well, because at the beginning of the game you have shitty equipment and almost no abilities unlocked...and vanilla enemies are set at "Party level - random" and not "Party level" :-)

Joseph Strife

August 11, 2011, 05:05:32 pm #3 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:08:47 pm by Joseph Strife
Well, my start wasn't hard, i think it's good as it is, but the decision is up to you :)

P.s.: 100th Post, Yay! \o/ :P
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Dome

August 11, 2011, 05:45:38 pm #4 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:46:11 pm by Dome
Quote from: Joseph Strife on August 11, 2011, 05:05:32 pm
Well, my start wasn't hard, i think it's good as it is, but the decision is up to you :)

P.s.: 100th Post, Yay! \o/ :P

Are you a n00b or pro?
Because I need to know if the player knows the game or not to balance the game well
P.s: 100 posts! BITCHLOL

Joseph Strife

Well, i consider myself a pro because i've played FFT a lot of times and know the game very well, but my definition of pro ca be different from yours, anyways i think either way you chose is good, it will be only in ch.1 like this so ch.2 and on goes back to party level+3, i just wanted to discuss the thing.

Stretch

I agree on making the chapter 1 randoms party level random. Fighting generic humans at level +3 is no big deal, but monsters get a pretty big boost in stats, which is exacerbated the goblin's new ranged attack abilities. I remember fighting 3 goblins and a chocobo at Mandalia before the sweegy woods story battle, it should have been a fodder battle but they tore my team to pieces, one hit KOs for anyone daring not to be a knight. Let the strategic necessity start after you learn some abilities.

I think you should up the difficulty of Chapter 2 a little bit. I tore through it and got to the showdown at Lionel at level 10. The summoner threat at Barius Hill never materialized; one of them cast Carbunkle just to be completely ineffective, and the other nerfed my party for damage in the teens and low 20's, and that's all she did before running out of MP. It was interesting that all the enemies in Goug had guns, but they didn't have anything really damaging or threatening. Queklain was very tough, though, I didn't have anyone with holy water and got lucky a few times with the undead reanimating instead of crystallizing.

I play FFT a lot, but I'm not a pro, I just like battling some dudes in my down time.
Yeah, right

Joseph Strife

Yeah, ok, you convinced me, it seems that making it like this is the better way realy.

Dome

August 11, 2011, 06:19:37 pm #8 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:20:23 pm by Dome
It's decided, enemies in ch1 randoms will be all set to party level :-)
About the difficult of ch2...did you use the specials (Rad, Alicia, Lavian, Boco)?
Because they can make your life easier (Expecially Boco, he is a truly life saver if the player sucks)

Dome

Also, I was thinking about reducing item range to 3...what do you think about it guys?

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Dome on August 11, 2011, 06:19:37 pm
About the difficult of ch2...did you use the specials (Rad, Alicia, Lavian, Boco)?

Yeah, Boco and Rad are the best! Tehy are realy great.

Quote from: Dome on August 11, 2011, 06:36:29 pm
Also, I was thinking about reducing item range to 3...what do you think about it guys?

Hum.. That needs to be tested, item is an ability you use all the game, all the time, mabe reducing its range makes its efficiency worse. anyways, it needs to be tested.

Stretch

August 11, 2011, 06:51:52 pm #11 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:54:56 pm by Stretch
I booted whichever onion girl had worse brave/faith, and never really used the other one, just kept sending her on jobs to build her just right. I used Rad a bit, but he spent most of his time as a monk, and Boco in Barius Valley because his ability list is named WARK! and has good water movement. It was mostly a knight with basic skill, a thief with basic skill, an oracle with white magic, and a black mage with time magic. All low levels, no super skills.

I did enjoy using Boco. A noble steed, took my knight into the thick of the battle, dropped some meteors and then ran around healing. I'm much happier having him as a special unit like this instead of generic chocobo.

I think adding some MP to the summoners at barius (maybe give them chakra!) and changing the chemists at goug into wizards, and beefing up the enemies at the gates of lionel would be good for the difficulty curve of chapter 2. The archer that spawned next to the party did nothing but miss steals the entire fight.

I never tend to use item, so do whatever you want for it. It just seems like such a bland option and I always swap it out as soon as I can. Now, if chemists can throw buffing items or debilitating items, it would be a different story. If you really want to nerf item, take away the infinite vertical usage.
Yeah, right

S_Hawkeye

Is there a way to change the skillset of ninja (or at least adding some other unique items to throw, like more balls or trowing knives) and archer (charge mostly sucks), or at least the stats of archers (because bows are awesome, but the archer stats are really shitty, at least in vanilla, i don't know if you already change that).

Pd: It is possible to create arrows/bolts/bullets in the game, maybe making bows/guns one handed and reducing their power, and creating items that increase a little the atk and that could add an elemental/status effect (maybe the 2nd is impossible but at least the first one would add a little variety to this jobs, because they are some of the least used)

Stretch

You can use the archer's equip support skill to equip a bow on any class. Archer's suck, grab their reaction and support skills and move on. Maybe the charge skills could add a status, the longer the charge the more debilitating the status. Like using poison on the arrows to inflict blindness for +1, mp damage for +2, poison for +3, etc. Sort of like oracles, but with more range and doing damage with the attack. It would make them more interesting, at least.

For making ammo, I would imagine they would be redesigned shield items, set to be equipped only by specific classes, and unlocked by equip gun/bow. Seems like it would be a lot of work, and maybe some more complex coding would be necessary. I don't think that the ammo item could add to the WP of the gun/bow, though, or even add effects.
Yeah, right

Dome

I wouldn't say that archer sucks...try to use the charge skills with short charge, you should be surprised ;P

Stretch

All right Archer's USED to suck. Charge and short charge on a thief, though, that's where it's really at.
Yeah, right

Dome

Quote from: Stretch on August 12, 2011, 04:39:28 am
All right Archer's USED to suck. Charge and short charge on a thief, though, that's where it's really at.

With Thief and charge you get charged 100% attacks, but with an archer you get ranged charged attacks :-)
A lot of combinations are possible (I enjoyed Thieves with longbows, for example :-)

Stretch

Can you rename some of the sage's skills? Despairaga is a mistranslated Dispelga, and Deathspell 2 is a completely mistranslated Dispel 2. Maybe Esunaga for Despairaga, and Dispelga for Deathspell 2?
Yeah, right

Dome

OF course I can
No, I WILL rename them xD
Suggest me the names and I'll change them :-)

Stretch

August 15, 2011, 01:05:09 am #19 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:11:07 am by Stretch
Well I just did make suggestions so...

But I got it backwards. Deathspell 2 has an Esuna-like effect, so Esunaga, despairga has the dispel effect, so Dispelaga.
Yeah, right